The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
Does anyone know the print on...

Vol 4?

I know 29-30 had 1000 printed but what about the rest?
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael View Post
Vol 4?

I know 29-30 had 1000 printed but what about the rest?
I looked everyehere I could think of on the net for an answer for you but could not come up with anything we did not already know namely the 1,000 actual print of 29 on. I do know that it takes about 2,500 copies of the normal price to make a profit. Have you considered asking Peter on his TMNT Blog or Dan Berger in email? That is about the best I can come up with for you,dude.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
Thanks for the semi answer.
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #4
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I wanna say I read 3000 a few times, but I could be mistaken.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I wanna say I read 3000 a few times, but I could be mistaken.
That is the number of vol.1#1(1st print) that were printed. It very well could be the same magic number for vol.4 but I was thinking the first issue of the fourth volume sold 11,000 copies give or take a couple hundred and then dropped off to whatever it was. I guarantee that the number of issues printed changed over the course of the run.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,068
Didn't Peter say that part of the reason for delisting the comic eventually from Diamond and making their own print run was because the minimum commitment went up? Someone might be able to do some maths if they can find out costs versus limits and work out how many issues that comes to...
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Didn't Peter say that part of the reason for delisting the comic eventually from Diamond and making their own print run was because the minimum commitment went up? Someone might be able to do some maths if they can find out costs versus limits and work out how many issues that comes to...
I think that happened independently of Peter deciding to just sell the comic on the website. From what was posted on ninjaturtles.com it just sounded like he had an epiphany for how awesome it would be to charge us all $30/comic. I think the only way Diamond factored in was that Peter didn't like having to solicit books 3 months in advance.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #8
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
This site seems to have a pretty good database on sales, which includes TMNT Vol 4, and even some numbers for TMNT Vol. 3. Looks like Vol. 4 started off in December 2001 at about 12k.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.