The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: which casey is better? OT or NT?
OT 6 30.00%
NT 12 60.00%
i dont like casey... 1 5.00%
how abt a "which turtles r better? OT or NT" thread? 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
which casey is better? OT or NT?

im gonna go with NT, obviously...lolz and it's not just a matter of a better graphic...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
for some reason I really like OT Casey Jones. Sure his potrayal was a Dirty Harry rip-off, but I could oddly take him seriously as a violent nut job that would bash your head. Beyond the first season 2k3 Casey ceased to be anything but comic relief in my eyes. The writers just couldn't resist turning him into this dunder-head goof. Sure after season one he had his shining moments, but he didn't get redeemed in my eyes till BTTS believe or not, when he matured into a compatible husband for April.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
OT Casey. On the whole, he's cornier, but he's also more ruthless and embraces the aspect of the character I dig the most. 4Kids Casey started out like that, but as his relationship with April blossomed, he got more and more domesticated, then his pesky family got brought into the picture and it just deflated the myth.

I dig the Casey from the first movie too
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
o tell me abt it... 1st movie casey FTW!
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Both are fine for their respective incarnations.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Elias Koteas.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
OT Casey. On the whole, he's cornier, but he's also more ruthless and embraces the aspect of the character I dig the most. 4Kids Casey started out like that, but as his relationship with April blossomed, he got more and more domesticated, then his pesky family got brought into the picture and it just deflated the myth.

I dig the Casey from the first movie too
This!

I like the corny play on Casey's hothead attitude towards crime and the street smart Elias Koteas.Put it together for the ultimate Casey Jones.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I'm going with NT Casey. Elias Koteas's Casey is the best version of him.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Elias Koteas.
This. But since it's toon I'll have to pick OT. He just seemed more hotheaded to me.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Just because a character isn't tough doesn't mean that its not the best version. NT Casey had his story from Raphael #1 which was his actual origin to the team, and the encounter in Central Park after leaving his parents' house is worth it compared to the more "stereotypical badass" from the OT in which that Casey is more or less a tool for fighter. Romance is a powerful virtue and it shows in the NT, plus the fact that we get to see Casey without his hockey mask in addition. An honorable mention goes toward that short movie as well.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Had to go with nt casey. When I was little I loved him in the ot now though I wonder what the heck I was thinking.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #12
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Obviously I can't choose, since I've never seen the 2K3 series, but I will mention what I loved about OT Casey. Dude was insane. That is all. Thing I hated...he never took off his mask, even in the ep when he was trying to get a job. Yeah, it's pretty cool that only Casey could get away with it, but still rather silly. Crazy how he got that job too.

For me, I think a mix of OT Casey and Movie 1 Casey would be perfect. Mirage Casey is okay, but after getting with April, he calmed down too much for my tastes, and it seems that by some of the posts here, the same happened in the 2k3 series.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #13
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Casey's Grammy Had a Farm

I like how his family has a farm in Massachussetts in the 2003 show, so the TMNT can visit rural USA more.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.