The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Full Moon Reviews tmnt 1990

Have to say that i agree a bit with the review,Exspecially "made by people who actually cared about the product they were presenting"

http://www.fullmoonreviews.net/2011/...2caed1c86255dd
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Why are so many people reviewing this lately, and why do we care? We know it's the sh*t.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Just thought it was an interesting read and to read someones opinion on the turtles who isn't a big turtles fan,
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Why are so many people reviewing this lately, and why do we care?
I dunno, because it's fun to read or hear other peoples' take on the films. Not everyone is going to say the exact same thing, you know.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
LotusBlossom
Thug
 
LotusBlossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In the Bedroom of the House of Sand and Fog.
Posts: 70
Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I didn't actually bother reading the review (because I don't follow strange links ... plus really couldn't care less what anyone else thinks). However, having said that ...

1) If the reviewer "isn't a big turtles fan", then how would he/she know whether or not it was "made by people who actually cared about the product they were presenting"? Seems somewhat suspicious, imo.

2) Speaking of unbiased analysis ... my 9-year-old cousin said the turtles "looked ugly" ... and then, at one point, fell asleep. So I strongly suspect the movie doesn't really resonate with the general public.
__________________
"Online gaming hundreds of times the speed of your normal internet provider! So easy to use! And the surgery to implant the chip at the base of your spine is virtually painless!"
LotusBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Green Machine
Hench Mutant
 
Green Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 442
It was a good read.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBlossom View Post
2) Speaking of unbiased analysis ... my 9-year-old cousin said the turtles "looked ugly" ... and then, at one point, fell asleep. So I strongly suspect the movie doesn't really resonate with the general public.
Since when was one dumbass kid the general public?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #8
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I highly recommend not only the review, but the entire review site. I've been checking out a few each day ever since I read the TMNT review, this dude's good. The site's reviews are very informative and entertaining.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #9
LotusBlossom
Thug
 
LotusBlossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In the Bedroom of the House of Sand and Fog.
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Since when was one dumbass kid the general public?
Well, one wouldn't be much of a scholar if she based everything solely on her own opinions, now would she? Thus I've leaned very heavily on my five cousins (ages 9-14) and their friends, who are presumably closer to the "target demographic" (plus much more Americanized than myself). They have been particularly useful regarding my thesis "The Changing Cultural Norms as Reflected in Children's Cartoons" (which I assure you is every bit as scintillating as it sounds).

Oh, and I had another point to make ... but I forget now. Whatever. I'm sure it will come to me later.
__________________
"Online gaming hundreds of times the speed of your normal internet provider! So easy to use! And the surgery to implant the chip at the base of your spine is virtually painless!"
LotusBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I swear, I can hear you when you type. & it's really annoying.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
LotusBlossom
Thug
 
LotusBlossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In the Bedroom of the House of Sand and Fog.
Posts: 70
I presume you're referring to me, Powder?

And yes, the "conversational tone" is intentional ... though generally considered quite desirable, actually. For one thing, it renders my writing immediately recognizable, and distinguishable from the "bland blatherings of the dreary drones" (as one of my professors would say). Perhaps you're just not used to ... never mind.

BTW, do you detect my (slight) Russian accent? Because only a few people can.
__________________
"Online gaming hundreds of times the speed of your normal internet provider! So easy to use! And the surgery to implant the chip at the base of your spine is virtually painless!"
LotusBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.