The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
Setzer
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
Working on my Casey Jones costume for Halloween!

I usually start ramping up the ideas I've collected from Nov 1st from the year before and put them into reality.



Just some history:



2007- Mad Hatter
Sorry couldn't find pictures
2008- Beaker

Spoiler:


2009 - Gambit

Spoiler:


2010 - Rorshach

Spoiler:




2011 - Swedish Chef

Spoiler:


2012: Casey Jones!



I've got to make my own makeshift cricket bat, hockey stick, and golf bag. I also will of course be making my own mask. Here is what I have so far, i'll be putting polymer clay over this then adding more clay to get the finer details in place.


Spoiler:





Anyway I'll be back with more pictures as I make them.


Anyone else getting ready? I tend to start building costumes around this time to have them ready to go!

Last edited by Setzer; 08-10-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Setzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
looks pretty good so far. looking forward to seeing the final product!
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Scud
Hench Mutant
 
Scud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster
Posts: 485
Nice work so far. How will you be smoothing out the edges? Have you thought about doing pepakura for the mask?

~S~
__________________

New to the Technodrome? Why not introduce yourself here.
To read the forum rules click one. For guidelines on Buying/Selling/Trading click two.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Setzer
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
Nice work so far. How will you be smoothing out the edges? Have you thought about doing pepakura for the mask?

~S~
I did see that method, I wanted to use clay mostly because its accessible for me, and I like that type of art using my hands and such.
Setzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Scud
Hench Mutant
 
Scud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setzer View Post
I did see that method, I wanted to use clay mostly because its accessible for me, and I like that type of art using my hands and such.
Awesome, can't wait to see more progress picks!
__________________

New to the Technodrome? Why not introduce yourself here.
To read the forum rules click one. For guidelines on Buying/Selling/Trading click two.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Setzer
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
I'll get them up asap. Been busy working on a basement cracks sadly but I will get to it soon. I always have everything done by the big day .
Setzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
Setzer
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
Updated original post, I put up some of my previous costumes .

Should have my hockey stick done this weekend.
Setzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
cool costumes! The casey mask is definitely taking shape. FYI, it looks like youre using cardboard, it might be easier if you used chip board, either a 2 or 3 ply for the mask. its much easier to work with.
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
Setzer
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
Chip board? Where can I get that?
Setzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
MethodMan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 46
The mask looks cool so far but no comparison against Beaker - love it!
MethodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setzer View Post
Chip board? Where can I get that?
Im sure Michaels, or any crafts/art supply store will have it. It comes in about 3X4' sheets. usually brown, same color as cardboard. I use it a lot for making model buildings and so on.
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #12
Setzer
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
started work on the hockey stick, luckily found a decent golf bag and club i can borrow .

Setzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
Broc Longstaff
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 21
Excited to see the final results!
Broc Longstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
Setzer
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
Found a wig, and I still need to cover the mask with clay or epoxy or something. I changed the golf bag, I have gloves now, sweats, jeans, shirt all of it.

cricket bat is all i am missing lol.

Setzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
Heckster
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 34
Cant wait to see the final product!
Heckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #16
Setzer
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
Here ya go







Setzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Great costume, only thing is that mask looks enormous.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #18
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
great costume!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casey jones


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.