![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Killeen, Texas
Posts: 139
|
Movie trillogy Ost thread.
I always liked the ost to the movies especially movie 2.
My favorite songs were "Key to your life" by Cathy Dennis and "9.95" by Spunkedelic.
__________________
Warning! Objects in mirror are closer than they appear... |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
|
While I enjoyed the songs, 'This is what we do', 'T-U-R-T-L-E Power,' etc... the instrumental pieces by John Du Prez are my favorite by far, as they really add a lot of depth and atmosphere to the film.
* Shredder's Suite * Splinter's Tale
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
Personally, I think Dan Hartman's Consciousness is best. DuPrez orchestrated the music. Hartman just yammered over it.
Take it from someone who unfortunately knows: the two Spunkadelic tracks used for these soundtracks are their only worthwhile recordings.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
I played that CD to death back in middle school. "Spin That Wheel" and "9.95" 4 Life, YO.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
|
Picked up a copy of the Third movie soundtrack from the dollar store like 8 years ago. I love Yoshi's theme and the fact that T-U-R-T-L-E Power was included as a bonus track.
The worst part of the soundtrack is it has two versions of both Tarzan Boy by Baltimora and Technotronic' s Rockin' Over the Beat. Just unnecessary. Still I listen to it everytime I'm driving up to North Hampton. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
|
Like the movie itself, the first one is the best, containing two hits in the Billboard Hot 100 chart that were originally created for the movie and has the best production. I even enjoy the scoring background music more than the other movies in addition. I also have a cassette of that soundtrack and can always listen to it with my Panasonic portable cassette player that I purchased from a yard sale for a quarter. The second movie's music package is almost as good as the first and continues the formula that made the first movie so great. The third movie however suffers from remix and past hit syndrome offering a more limited selection of original music, plus the background score isn't as exciting and memorable.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/ 30 years of Turtle Power! |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Something from the Past
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
|
"9.95" is my all time favorite song from any Turtles movie, although "Shredder's Suite", "TURTLE POWER", and "Yoshi's Theme" (from movie 3) rank among my favorites. Hell, I even like "Tarzan Boy" for nostalgic reasons.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Killeen, Texas
Posts: 139
|
Quote:
And yes I think Spin Dat wheel is Awesome.
__________________
Warning! Objects in mirror are closer than they appear... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 793
|
John Du Prez - Shredder's Suite
This song still gives me goosebumps. Never get tired of it. The first movie will always be my favorite of the three due to it's darker tone. |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Mouser
![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 5
|
Oh man, I've actually had the soundtracks going at work the last week or so. 9.95 and Shredder's Suite are certainly awesome, but I'm pretty partial to This Is What We Do and Ninja Rap as well.
Tarzan Boy is a pretty fun track, too. LOVE those albums! |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
I liked Tarzan Boy in the Listerine commercial, where I first heard it. Not too long after, I hear it's gonna be in the new TMNT movie. Excitement!
I buy the soundtrack and find out that the Tarzan-yell chorus was the best part of the song, by far.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,234
|
Is there a way I can find the complete score for the first movie? I mean, the instrumental pieces. The original CD only included one track of the score, "Shredder's Suite".
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
|
Turtle Power and 9.95 are my favorites. I still know most of the lyrics to Turtle Power by heart. I got the original movie soundtrack for Christmas one year and proceeded to wear it out by listening to it so much.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
|
Quote:
I'm sure that whoever made it only used the cues at which they could "drown out" the most SFX. A lot of the dramatic stings and the excellent cues towards the end, such as "Return to the New York," "The Foot Charge the Sewer," and the ensuing fight cues are missing. However, you do get the variation of the main theme as the Turtles fight in the streets. I believe the cue representing "Family" wasn't included, such as its use after Shredder is defeated and the Turtles embrace their master. I would really love to see the score for the second film leaked. I love that cue when they discover their new home, the abandoned subway system. I also love the fighting cues in the junkyard. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,234
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
|
A more recent one was posted, but the link no longer works. According to the uploader, it's a rip from R2 DVD, as well as using elements from soundtrack (Shredder Suite and two of the songs, Turtle Power and 9.95) and a "rare promo."
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| live-action films |
|
|