The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Bill
Stone Warrior
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 666
Putting each absent mutant from the original toy line in the 1987 cartoon.

Putting each absent mutant from the original toy line in the 1987 cartoon.


Hello Dromers,

I think it wouldn´t have been too difficult to put each mutant from the old tmnt toy line that were absent in the 1987 cartoon in an episode by also adding Krang and Shredder in the mutants creation process.

Some good guys (like Dr. El) can be bad at the very begining

I even thought about the names of the episodes, lol.


1) Enter: Monty Moose.
April tells the Turtles that there is a strange ooze like lake in Canada and after hearing that a moose-like monster has emerged from it the Tmnt visits Canada .


2) A sandstorm is coming.
Tmnt goes to the Sahara desert to save April and even Shredder after he released a mutant from his magic lamp.


3) The inmortal fire.
Using the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #19-20 for the origin of Hothead


4) Safari Turtles.
Tmnt must travel to Africa to stop Shredder and his latest creation: Dr. El.



5) Pizzaface, The psychotic pizza chef.
Tmnt must fight against what they love most: Pizza


6) The Gorilla War.
Shredder plans to build an army of gorilla soldiers, after having success with the creation of the first one: Sergeant Bananas.


7) The ball is in your halfcourt
A worthy NBA player is kidnapped by Shredder to analize his dna to create the perfect mutant and gets accidentally mutated into a Giraffe


Filthy business
Using the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #10 for the origin of Wyrm. Although I would make the character less darker. (considering the 1987 level of violence).


9) The Royal Mutant.
A former out of his prime Shakesperian Actor is offered a role to make a huge comeback only to be deceived by Shredder and transformed into the ferocious King Lionheart.


10) It´s Shredder Season
The Tmnt goes to Australia for a holiday but ends up caught in the middle of a fire between Shredder and his latest mutant experiment: Walkabout who wants to hunt down Shredder.


11) A fish called Ray.
Using the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #5for the origin of Ray fillet


12) A hunter´s tail
Tired of Shredder coutless failures, Krang contacs Dimension x most dangerous bounty hunter, Scale Tail to finish the turtles once and for all.
(Although “Snakes alive” would have been a good debut episode for this carácter too).


13) Like cats and dogs: Part 1: Scratched Turtles.
Tmnt send a Crafty Crook (who knows how to open any security system) and his cat pet to prison. Shredder releases him to use his skills and try to enhance them by tranforming him into…Scratch.


14) Like cats and dogs: Part 2: Cat spotted.
Scratch is too much for the Tmnt and Shredder. Shredder make a last atempt to force him join his army by creating what mutant cats fear most: a mutant doberman pinscher. Unfortunately Bebop and Rocksteady picks the wrong dog a a nice dalmatian ends up being mutated instead.


Hope you have enjoy it. Could have work it? Who knows…

Last edited by Bill; 09-14-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
That actually is kind of a fun idea. I'd wager against many "world-tour" style episodes in the Fred Wolf show, however. My guess would be that exotic artifacts like Sandstorm's lamp would simply arrive in a New York museum and hilarity would ensue once Shredder & Krang got involved.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
Bill
Stone Warrior
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
That actually is kind of a fun idea. I'd wager against many "world-tour" style episodes in the Fred Wolf show, however. My guess would be that exotic artifacts like Sandstorm's lamp would simply arrive in a New York museum and hilarity would ensue once Shredder & Krang got involved.

Very true. Tmnt cannot afford those travels.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Very true. Tmnt cannot afford those travels.
There were a few notable exceptions, of course, with the European Vacation being the most obvious. But most all of their adventures used the city as a spring board for wacky adventures.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
I think the fact that we were spared episodes about Monty Moose, Hot Spot and King Lionheart is something to be thankful for. *shudders*

Although I agree Wyrm, Pizzaface and Scale Tail should have been featured. Even the guy from "Snakes Alive" could have been Scale Tail.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 08-19-2012 at 11:21 PM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think the fact that we were spared episodes about Monty Moose, Hot Spot and King Lionheart is something to be thankful for. *shudders*
Speak for yourself.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Speak for yourself.
Monty Moose is quite possibly the worst mutant ever created, as is Hot Spot.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Monty Moose is quite possibly the worst mutant ever created, as is Hot Spot.
Not a chance.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
Bill
Stone Warrior
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 666
My point in this thread is that it would have been very easy to included the absent mutants (not with the plots I thought), it would have increased the playmates toys sales in those characters. You know, no matter how bad is a character, if it is on tv, everyone would buy it.

Love the TMNT old toyline/cartoon but I don´t think it was a good move not to include these characters. Planet of turtleoids was a great two-part episode, mostly because of the introduction of lots of new faces (Tatto, Chrome Dome, Groundchuck, Dirtbag).

We could have more two-parts episodes and included more absent characters.

P.D. I forgot to include Panda Khan and Ace Duck (although the last one made a cameo).
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #10
cammy85
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 772
I remember an idea called "Michaelangelo Meets Ace Duck" that kinda tied in with "Planet of the Turtles"' solar wind disturbance but when Mikey is trying to pick up the show a problem with the portal unknoingly transports Ace and some villains he is chasing to Earth and it's up to Mikey and Ace to stop them and their leader before they use a stolen "star of" something to focus a laser that would destroy a planet as well as cause massive radiation damage to Earth. The others, of course, slowly learn of this and show up just in time to mop things up.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
Weirdo-Warrior
Foot Soldier
 
Weirdo-Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Turin, Italy
Posts: 195
Very well done Bill, I love the titles and the ideas! I'd have loved to watch such episodes back in the days instead of certain dull fill-ins that you could find in the series (or episodes about Irma... no matter how cute I find her).

I particularly love the idea of the two-part episode about Scratch and Hot Spot. I'm sure that, if such episode had been realized, these two characters wouldn't be as rare as they are, because kids would have bought lots of them back then!

And what about Shoate? I'd have loved to see one episode with him too, maybe with Usagi or Panda Khan too, or with Usagi AND Panda Khan side-by-side with the TMNT to defeat him.
__________________
"I'm pure protein!"
Weirdo-Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
If it hadn't been for S5 (or was it S6?) we wouldn't have gotten most of the toy mutants, counting they were trying to sell toys it boggles my mind they weren't used much more often and all of them used.

I have to admit I did grow tired of each episode being a new mutant in that season but with over 100 episodes it wouldn't have been that difficult to introduce a new mutant every other episode instead of one after another like in that season.

I think characters like hotspot are terrible but I would've preferred him over generic mad scientist #32.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Weirdo-Warrior
Foot Soldier
 
Weirdo-Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Turin, Italy
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think characters like hotspot are terrible but I would've preferred him over generic mad scientist #32.
Ditto!
__________________
"I'm pure protein!"
Weirdo-Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #14
Bill
Stone Warrior
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo-Warrior View Post
Very well done Bill, I love the titles and the ideas! I'd have loved to watch such episodes back in the days instead of certain dull fill-ins that you could find in the series (or episodes about Irma... no matter how cute I find her).

I particularly love the idea of the two-part episode about Scratch and Hot Spot. I'm sure that, if such episode had been realized, these two characters wouldn't be as rare as they are, because kids would have bought lots of them back then!

And what about Shoate? I'd have loved to see one episode with him too, maybe with Usagi or Panda Khan too, or with Usagi AND Panda Khan side-by-side with the TMNT to defeat him.

Thanks a lot! Love the Shogun/Panda/Usagy idea.
What about these?

15) Umbearable situation
After leaving his 1000 years in the future alien world in search for adventure, Panda Khan travels back in time meeting new friends and enemies.


16) The Code of the Shogun Part 1
Usagy Yojimbo teams up with the Tmnt once again after an old enemy of Usagy´s past appears: Shogun Shoate

17) The Code of the Shogun Part 2
The power of Shredder and Shoate combined seems too much even for the Tmnt and Usagy together, will Panda Khan arrive in time to save them?
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
Weirdo-Warrior
Foot Soldier
 
Weirdo-Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Turin, Italy
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Thanks a lot! Love the Shogun/Panda/Usagy idea.
What about these?

15) Umbearable situation
After leaving his 1000 years in the future alien world in search for adventure, Panda Khan travels back in time meeting new friends and enemies.


16) The Code of the Shogun Part 1
Usagy Yojimbo teams up with the Tmnt once again after an old enemy of Usagy´s past appears: Shogun Shoate

17) The Code of the Shogun Part 2
The power of Shredder and Shoate combined seems too much even for the Tmnt and Usagy together, will Panda Khan arrive in time to save them?
Exactly what I was thinking about!
__________________
"I'm pure protein!"
Weirdo-Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Monty Moose is quite possibly the worst mutant ever created, as is Hot Spot.
A Canadian mountie that was actually part moose? Hell, even Jhonan Vasquez would be amused by that one. I got to disagree with you, there.

And while Scale Tail not being involved is frustrating (because that is a wicked design), Antrax being used isn't so bad. An insect-based executioner that's named from a heavy-metal band, that's a decent compromise.

I have to think of some ideas related to this for tomorrow, even though, of some of the ideas presented here remind me of the Gargoyles' World Tour arc. Not a bad thing, but it did remind me.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #17
Walkabout
Stone Warrior
 
Walkabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 556
There's also that pesky disease called Anthrax too

but I cant figure out why they never had the other mutants/figures in the show either, especially since the toyline had them almost from the get go.

Panda and Usagi were and still are a good team up, its a shame they didnt use the toyline and have them fighting more, but hey.
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #18
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
The "travel the globe and finding new mutants" angle kind of reminds me of the Global Mutant Missions line that didn't see release (the one that would have had a Jagwar figure).
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #19
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
1) Sinister Slices: The turtles visit a pizza parlor that is run by the evil Pizzaface, who captures Mona Lisa and threatens to turn her into pizza! The turtles team up with Rex-1 and Mondo to stop him.

2) The Serpent: Krang hires Scaletail to hunt the turtles. Scaletail hypnotized Mona Lisa to use as bait. The turtles are accompanied by the Punk Frogs.

3) The Garbage Gang: The turtles take a trip to the sewers and meet Muckman and Wyrm, who are having a problem with the evil Don Turtelli, who has taken Mona Lisa!

4) Unbearable: The turtles, in oursuit of Mona Lisa a world where they meet Panda Khan, and are joined by an unexpected ally: Lotus Blossom!

5) Aced Twice: Ace Duck crash lands in Central Park, where he meets Muckman, Rex-1, and Mona Lisa.

6) Stingless: The Turtkes meet Ray Fillet.

Last edited by miru; 05-24-2013 at 10:23 PM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #20
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I wonder if you like Mona Lisa...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.