The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
TVsRobLowe
Foot Soldier
 
TVsRobLowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 154
Quick, cheap TMNT Shredder

To compliment my Krang I've been making a quick Shredder suit for my friend. Paint drying-time aside, I'm only about 3 hours in to the project. As far as cost, $10 so far for a roll of 3mm foamies and some puffy paint, $6 worth of fabric. I was able to make the helmet out of scraps from Krang.

I'm going to a look that really isn't accurate to anything, but inspired by the movie costume. So this really isn't for purists.

For the dome of the helmet, I vacuuformed over my bike helmet. Then I made a template for the shroud and hot glued it all together:







I've since added on a basic pattern using puffy paint, redone the area where the blades meet, and painted. The pattern is sloppy, but it just needs to look busy to me. I'm not going for a replica, just a cheap helmet. Pics coming tonight.

Here is where I'm at with the armor, ready for painting. I've done a similar pattern for the helmet:





Plan is to have this all complete tomorrow night. After the armor, next thing I'm making is a tunic. I've chosen some purple corduroy for that.

Final costume should be purple tunic, black arms and legs, wrapped forearms and lower legs, black cape.

Thanks for looking,
Rob
TVsRobLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
That's awesome! For a cheap costume that looks amazing!
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
I wouldn't call it cheap, it looks better then the Next Mutation shredder lol.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
TVsRobLowe
Foot Soldier
 
TVsRobLowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I wouldn't call it cheap, it looks better then the Next Mutation shredder lol.
....inexpensive, then?

Next Mutation Shredder is just so bad.
TVsRobLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
looking good to be sure
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
TVsRobLowe
Foot Soldier
 
TVsRobLowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 154
Finished the armor and tunic tonight. Test fitting tomorrow night and I'm calling this done.

Mouth grill ended up looking crooked, but I think the crest is off too. That's what I get for free handing it. For a party costume it's gets the job done.







TVsRobLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist
 
Dane E5R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 1,602
I'm reeeeaally just wishing the front of the helmet came to a point.
__________________
http://www.luckyusshow.com
Dane E5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.