The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
natecm
Hench Mutant
 
natecm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 352
IDW Limited prizes in Turtles vs. Foot this month

Figured this was worth a new thread, as I wanted people who stopped checking the main IDWLimited thread to have a chance to win as well:



Anyone involved in the TMNT social media game, Turtles Vs. Foot has a chance to win some awesome prizes from us this month.

There's two different items up for grabs: A Red Label of Change Is Constant complete with Dan Duncan sketch

&

A special, never-before-seen Kevin Eastman cover variant of TMNT Vol. 3: Shadows of the Past.






*Have no fear completionists, The Shadows Of the Past variant will be available in the future.
natecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I'm excited!!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by natecm View Post
A special, never-before-seen Kevin Eastman cover variant of TMNT Vol. 3: Shadows of the Past.

*Have no fear completionists, The Shadows Of the Past variant will be available in the future.
What is this?! Pics nao, please sir!

EDIT: It pays to pay attention to the bottom of post sometimes. -_-
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
natecm
Hench Mutant
 
natecm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 352
Here's the IDW Limited Shadows of the Past cover:

Spoiler:
natecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Shredder! Down in front! I can't read the title!
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Is it possible that I've seen that cover somewhere before? I swear I have...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
It's one of the Eastman variant covers from the ongoing. I believe #12.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Is it possible that I've seen that cover somewhere before? I swear I have...
Parts of it are similar to that Eastman sketch Laird inked that is a Retailer Incentive cover for History of the Foot....but looks new otherwise to me, unless Bruce Wayne....er....Matches...is right.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Kind of a lackluster photoshop job there...
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Is it possible that I've seen that cover somewhere before? I swear I have...
Of course you have, it is #12 cover B:
http://www.tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/blo...ariant-covers/
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
So pissed I couldn't partake in this, cause I'm not on stupid Facebook or twitter, oh well
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
And I think Smart Phones are almost essential for it too...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
So pissed I couldn't partake in this, cause I'm not on stupid Facebook or twitter, oh well
It takes 2 seconds to signup for either. Not doing so is kinda your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
And I think Smart Phones are almost essential for it too...
Nope, not at all true.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Nope, not at all true.
Well, I stand corrected.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
It takes 2 seconds to signup for either. Not doing so is kinda your problem.
True, but its still stupid when everyone just assumes people have either so they do these contests just to pander to them and screw the rest of us. It's frustrating and it's not just the ones running this contest that do so.

Yes I know that Facebook and Twitter are the "it thing" but c'mon try to include everyone
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #16
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
But it's a social media game. If you're not involved in social media, then it's a moot point.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #17
nelodiavolo
Thug
 
nelodiavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 97
^^exactly, if you choose not to join, then that is a personal decision.

The fact is that almost anyone can partake in this contest, you just have to abide by the requirements. Any like any contest, there are usually rules for a chance at winning.

Just because a social media site is needed, doesn't mean people are getting screwed. Its just a way to promote IDW and social networking is the most popular way to do that these days.
nelodiavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #18
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
i dont care for social media either. i dont need the media, to be social. though i considered signing up to facebook at one point, just for things like this...
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelodiavolo View Post

The fact is that almost anyone can partake in this contest
that's the fact, i just think it's unfair that not everyone is included. that's my point. anyone i'm done complaining now, lol
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276

Last edited by TheCanadiandrome; 11-14-2012 at 12:43 PM.
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #20
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Information is so saturated these days that nothing excites me anymore when a "contest" is anticipated and I treat it like normal work. I'd prefer the Red Label Change is Constant, but its best to expect to not win anything and just hope for the best.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.