The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2003, 01:26 PM   #1
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
June's Official Technodrome Artjitsu!!

Welcome to this month's Artjitsu.

The idea is you take a photo/theme/question or whatever and RUN WITH IT. That's right. Using the topic below as your inspiration, create a work of art. Look at it as a learning experience, and do a careful study, or look at it as a fun way to express and show your individualism and go crazy with it. Stay as close to, or stray as far from the topic as you wish. Do a sketch, do it inked, do it colored, do it painted, do whatever.

A quick explanation of how Artjitsu will work:

Our drawoff will be monthly. New topics will go up every month, and you have a month to complete a piece.

This month's topic is: The TMNT in a diffrent time period!

Get to work!
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 02:56 PM   #2
Kameko
Sister to the TMNT
 
Kameko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Posts: 2,756
Heh, this should be interesting.

*starts scheming*
Kameko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 03:10 PM   #3
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Now that school's out, I may actually have time to give this a try.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 03:58 PM   #4
Nate
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Close enough to kill you ;)
Posts: 301
A different time period? Or, just at a different point in time.. I started a drawing of the TMNT saving themselves from being mutated, but that wasn't in a different time period, just 15 or so years ago.
__________________
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 04:15 PM   #5
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
I'm thinking more of a diffrent time period, like in the stone age or something.
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 04:28 PM   #6
Nate
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Close enough to kill you ;)
Posts: 301
OK.. I got to thinking, and I'm going to use my current picture for a fanfic/comic .. I might make one for the artjitsu to, I just don't know what of.
__________________
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 10:13 AM   #7
Deepflame
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Deep below the mountains...
Posts: 254
Ohh yes, this one I'm not gonna miss
__________________
NoOo! The killer scarfs attack!
Deepflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 04:50 PM   #8
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
Cool!
You've got the whole month to work on it, but getting an early start never did anybody any harm.
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:29 PM   #9
Friction X
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 214
I think I may actually be up for this one. Thank god school's out. More time for art, Turtles, and fun! Yay!
Friction X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:51 PM   #10
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
can i draw a crossover pic? its just cause i have a good idea for the different time period thing
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 12:20 PM   #11
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
I can't wait to see this!
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 04:47 PM   #12
The Defibrillator
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dee Eff Dubble You
Posts: 1,631
great idea Nturtle! I hope I can enter this month
__________________
My newest signature.
The Defibrillator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:50 PM   #13
JameO
Mad Scientist
 
JameO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,753
These might be some cool art. I might even make one although it might look bad it might be fun.
__________________
"Lie, Cheat & Steal, Atleast I'm Honest"
JameO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 04:08 PM   #14
LoMeinHu
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 49
Hey guys,

I'm a turtles fan, but I just stumbled onto this site last night. I've sketched out really, really quickly a pic for this month's artjitsu. I wasn't sure what to do, but I came up with a futuristic-firefighting ninja turtle. Haha, I know, it sounds cheesy. So, with my first post at the technodrome, here's my first pic:

LoMeinHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 06:16 PM   #15
Nate
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Close enough to kill you ;)
Posts: 301
I would absolutely love it, if it weren't a firefighting turtle.. the futuristic design is great.. I just don't like the firefighter idea. You definantly have talent though.
__________________
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 07:26 PM   #16
The Defibrillator
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dee Eff Dubble You
Posts: 1,631
Wow that's awesome!

I see you haven't been properly welcomed yet, so Welcome to the Technodrome! I'm TMNH! I hope you stay and show us some more of you artwork!

*hands LoMeinHu a mango of welcome*
__________________
My newest signature.
The Defibrillator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 07:26 PM   #17
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
Holy Shimoly that's pretty cool.
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 07:55 PM   #18
Friction X
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 214
Wow...can I have lessons? Pleeeeeeeeeease?

Welcome by the way. I'm Fx. What else is there to say? Buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Friction X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 08:04 PM   #19
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
Wow!! Cool!!!

Looks kinda crazy go awesome stormtrooperish!!! Welcome to the forums hope ya' stick around!! *gives LoMein a mango of welcome*
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 11:00 AM   #20
LoMeinHu
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 49
Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I like that the welcome comes with a mango. I love mangoes! As for a drawing tutorial, I'm not too good at teaching, or more specifically, I wouldn't know where to start. I basically self-taught comic art by copying Spidey comics over and over again. Once you get the basic proportions of a person down, it's only a matter of practicing the turtles' unique head shape and ovals for their shells. I like to make my turtles about the same proportions as say, Wolverine: basically short and wide. Perhaps in the future I'll TRY giving a short lesson on how I do the turtles' heads, but even I'm still learning how to draw them from all the angles. It's all about practice, and there's plenty of pics around this site to copy.

Anyways, this month's topic is really cool, so I decided to whip up another drawing. It's a bit static, but I hope you like it anyways. Oh, like my firefighter drawing, I just did it really quickly in between my hectic schedule, so I hope you guys don't mind the sketchiness. I also excited to see other ppl's drawings!

LoMeinHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.