The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Michelangelo voice actor of all time?
Townsend Coleman (1987 Fred Wolf cartoon) 26 38.24%
Robbie Rist (1990s movies) 17 25.00%
Kirby Morrow (The Next Mutation) 0 0%
Wayne Grayson (2003 4kids cartoon) 11 16.18%
Mikey Kelley (2007 CGI movie) 0 0%
Greg Cipes (2012 Nickelodeon cartoon) 14 20.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
What is your favorite Michelangelo voice actor of all time?

Picking up where we left off, this time the focus shifts to Michelangelo, the only Turtle whose always used a special character voice as opposed to a mostly straight voice that is the most interesting to follow in terms of acting. And since Next Mutation has returned to the air, I'm throwing Kirby back in. Like Leonardo, Michelangelo has never been replaced or subbed in any incarnation as of today. Please vote and discuss why.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Greg Cipes for sure. I've always hated the surfer dude accent.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Sticking with my movie based bias, I vote Robbie Rist.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Theli
Foot Soldier
 
Theli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lower-Austria
Posts: 103
Townsend of course!

I will always hear his " Totally bummer, DUDE ! " in my ears... till i die.
__________________
Theli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
Coleman sense he was the first and then Greg Cipes.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
1/2Shell
Random Punk
 
1/2Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth (unfortunately)
Posts: 37
Townsend Coleman is the voice of my childhood.
1/2Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Greg Cripes fits Nick's Mikey very well, but my overall favorite voice is definitely either the original cartoon or movie trilogy incarnation.

The Next Mutation voice was awful, and the 2007 movie voice had this nasal sound to his tone I didn't like.

4kids Mike was alright when he wasn't overreacting all his lines.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Townsend Coleman defined the character and is the reason Michelangelo is my favorite. He was level headed,fun loving, and athletic not to mention the most teenager-like of the green team. He was serious and it seems the sufer accent gets misinterpreted as a hyper active druggie and the unfortunate fact he is the most captured turtle which hurts his character portrayal beyond wave 1.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #9
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Townsend Coleman without a doubt. Without his voice to really carry the personality of Michelangelo, Michelangelo's catchphrases wouldn't have been a part of pop culture.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:21 AM   #10
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
Had to go with Robbie Rist. I just thought his performance was the strongest and more diverse of all the incarnations. But I will say that over time, Greg Cipes has a chance of replacing Rist as my favorite. Love what he's doing on the new toon!
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:29 AM   #11
Yorae
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 300
Why no love for Wayne Grayson

I like Wayne's Mikey the best. I think he does a great job in balancing the seriousness and the wackiness (at least in seasons 1 to 5).
Yorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #12
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
We know Townsend Colemen is the classic voice to Mikey, but I really love how Greg Cipes brings his rendition to the table. However, I'll say Robbie Rist. That voice made Michelangelo so iconic, especially in the movies.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I have to go with Townsend. I just love the California surfer vibe he brought to Michaelangelo!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #14
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
I voted for Townsend Coleman. He's the Michaelangelo I grew up with. I also like Wayne Grayson, his Michaelangelo almost sounds like Townsend's. I also grew up with Robbie Rist as Jet McCabe so that helped me enjoy his Michaelangelo.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #15
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
As much as I like Cipes and Rist, I gotta go with Grayson's Mikey, since I grew up with that version.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #16
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite
 
Lethal Lullaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
As much as I like Cipes and Rist, I gotta go with Grayson's Mikey, since I grew up with that version.
Same here.
Lethal Lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
As much as I like Cipes and Rist, I gotta go with Grayson's Mikey, since I grew up with that version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19thCenturyGhost View Post
Same here.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Is it just me or does Shredder's helmet look Spaceballs big in that clip?

As for VA: Robbie Rist, although I really liked Grayson's Mikey.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Robbie Rist gets my vote, since his tone contains a nice blend of surfer accent, yet sounds just serious enough to really feel like a cool dude, as Townsend's perhaps is just a little too over the top overall, though his voice suits the OT very well. Wayne Grayson sounds a bit too cocky, along with that annoying "girly scream" at the times, which Greg Cipes' also uses in addition, not to mention Cipes' lacks the positive charisma that the other Mikeys contain. Although its not listed, I find Bradford Cameron's snippet of Michelangelo from Turtles Forever having a tone that suits the Mirage Turtles well, being somewhat innocent, yet have an edge that the other Mikeys lack.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #20
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician
 
Guitar_Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 2,191

It's a draw between...

Greg Cipes

Wayne Grayson

They both made Mikey rock! Except Greg Cipes is a real life singer/guitarist. Would love to see Greg play the guitar & sing like Mikey, that would be so cool!
__________________


Mikey drums with nunchucks!

Last edited by Guitar_Raph; 02-05-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
michelangelo


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.