The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier
 
tmntfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 177
Elizabeth Olsen may be cast as April O'Neil

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...urtles-reboots
__________________
tmntfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
This movie keeps sounding worse and worse.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Chill out, CyberCubed. Nothing's set in stone yet. It's all just speculation at this point.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,218
She's not a bad actress. I wouldn't freak out if this happened.

I almost shat when I saw Bryan Cranston though... But he's being eyed for Godzilla. He'd never touch TMNT
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
How does one casting (and not a terrible one really. She's a much better actress than her sisters.) make a movie we really know little about worse?

You know it's TMNT news when Cybercubed gripes about it....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I just discovered Miss Olsen is Mary-Kate and Ashley's younger sister. I sure hope success doesn't do to her what it did to them!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I just discovered Miss Olsen is Mary-Kate and Ashley's younger sister. I sure hope success doesn't do to her what it did to them!
There's actually an Olsen sister that's not hideous and actually looks like an adult and not a coked up teenager? She's actually kinda cute and might be a good April if she can act as well as need be.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Haven't seen her act before. So this sounds promising? Good? Bad? someone help me out here.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
I don't think Elizabeth Olsen was a bad choice given that the movie Martha Marcy May Marlene is generally well liked, does some good acting, and with some red hair dye/wig and her face can make a good April. The Olsen name will also generate some buzz to bring in more tickets.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Yes, Lord knows everyone still fills seats at the name "Olsen."
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yes, Lord knows everyone still fills seats at the name "Olsen."
I wonder if there's a Jimmy in that family tree. That'd be pretty funny!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #12
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,218
Lol, Jester the ball breaker!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #13
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Now that I think about it, there really weren't any celebrities in the original live action movies.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
She's not a bad actress. I wouldn't freak out if this happened.

I almost shat when I saw Bryan Cranston though... But he's being eyed for Godzilla. He'd never touch TMNT
I like the idea of him playing Baxter Stockman. It fits his character range perfectly for what Baxter needs to be.


As for Lizzie Olsen, I know she has done a couple of cult films in the last couple of years and don't really know her as an actor so I am open for the twins little sister being April. I just remember her as a four year old in an Olsen twins music video. Who would have thought that then 4 year old would be April O'Neil(maybe) one day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I34app9RCj4
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #15
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Elizabeth Olsen is a good actress. I saw her in a movie called Silent House, which had a cool concept, but turned out to be very so so. But she carried that film, and her performance really made it worth watching. Plus. she's also very attractive.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #16
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
She's just in contention. There are probably quite a few others. I don't think she's getting the role, anyway, as she's been cast in Godzilla. That starts filming in March, and Ninja Turtles starts filming in April. She can't be in two places at once.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #17
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This movie keeps sounding worse and worse.
Haha. You're funny.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #18
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This movie keeps sounding worse and worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Haha. You're funny.
Oh yea, he's a riot.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
There's actually an Olsen sister that's not hideous and actually looks like an adult and not a coked up teenager? She's actually kinda cute and might be a good April if she can act as well as need be.
Why do the Olsen twins look like tired 18-19 year olds anyway? Its like they've never aged and then aged terribly at the same time.

Like Lindsay Lohan bad.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #20
Optimus
Random Punk
 
Optimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
Elizabeth olsen. ...are you sure???



Elizabeth Olsen. ...Are you sure???




I was thinking of a more mature and sexy actress, experienced, and perhaps Estella Warren to give an example

I do not want a remake of the TV series from Nickelodeon TMNT, I want the TMNT where April is a mature woman, almost like a mother and sister

and platonic love Donatello

Last edited by Optimus; 02-06-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fred wolf series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.