![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 118
|
Where does your TMNT money come from?
How do you buy you tmnt collectibles? Do you put money aside strictly for tmnt stuff? Do you just happen to be out at a store and decide to grab a few toys? How do you go about your funds for turtle collecting? How much have you spent in one outing for tmnt collectibles?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Scatter the nuns!!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
|
At this point in my collection, everything I buy I use money that I made from selling other TMNT items. But early on, I simply bought whatever I wanted as I went along, little here little there.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 84
|
i do customs from other toylines and i save that as my toy fun money
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 595
|
My primary source is disposable income that comes from my job.
I will make some extra money selling some figures here and there. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
|
I imagine most people have jobs.
When I was younger I got toys from my parents or when I had money for it. As an adult, obviously now I buy whatever I want. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 564
|
All my TMNT funds started in my pocket. I bought large lots, and many lots. I kept what I needed and re-sold what I didn't keep. Generally speaking I can buy a few lots, re-sell the excess and end up with maybe 3-5 items I wanted and break even.
Flea Markets, Thrift Stores, Goodwill etc often have items I can sell on eBay or items I needed for maybe 25cents to a few dollars. Really if you took your time you could have a very nice figure collection for under $100. However, you will likely not find weapons with those figures.
__________________
EBAY AUCTIONS TMNT, Mighty Max, Jurassic Park, Street Sharks, Chic Furniture, Video Games, and Much More! Amazing avatar was done by Powder. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
A Magic Light Dudette!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
|
Quote:
![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 624
|
Im in the same boat as Joe. I buy what I want with disposable income from my job. If I want it I buy it. I also make some extra cash from selling stuff.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
|
I have a 3 month old son so spare money is non existent
![]() Sometimes i'll treat myself to a 75p pack of trading cards
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE! |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 261
|
My wage and girlfriend fund my habit....
__________________
![]() Donatello: You're a claustrophobic. Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
|
Yeah, this. I work as a freelance, so my wage varies constantly. Sometimes I can allow myself to buy expensive stuff, but most of the time I try to save as much as I can because you never know, specially with the financial crisis that's shaking Europe these days.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 84
|
i donate any bodily fluids they will pay cash for, and extra organs. scratch cost me an arm and a leg . but i can still hop on my left leg and eat with my right arm. this is taking a while to type with only one hand, but no regrets at all i love collecting tmnt stuff.
just kidding by ebay lots keep what you need sell the rest break even make a few $ or loose a few $ still cheaper to collect that way , even worked with my motu stuff, and kept a good variety of other 80s figures , look at mixed lots not just tmnt lots , flea markets have dried up in my area or maybe i just bought all the tmnt stuff already |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 246
|
im with this guy!
__________________
-}R1ppers Most Wanted{- Genghis Frog Grenades in Bag - MOC Turtle Mobile MISB
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Something from the Past
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
|
Right now I have only enough money for the TMNT comics, and the figures that strike my fancy...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 827
|
Money from my job and whatever figure/comics i sale.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 419
|
Luckily I held onto my TMNT collection from when I was a kid, so that makes up a large chunk of my collection. Other than that I have a regular 9 to 5 for funds. I'm pretty satisfied with my collection now and rarely buy any new TMNT stuff. Sometimes if I want to drop a large amount of funds on something I'll sell some customs, like when the new line was released I knew I'd want the main 4 turtles and the Classics so I did up a set of turtles and hoped for the best.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
|
My job and my wife's job. We have a 6 yr. old so after she taken care and house and all that good stuff!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 933
|
If it's something I really want, I pony up out of pocket. Otherwise, I try to sell crap I don't need to fund my addiction.
__________________
My Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/1182615...eat=directlink COOL STUFF FOR SALE LOOK!!!! - papa_smurf73 |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|