The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Is it time for a gay Ninja Turtle?
Yes it is! 15 19.48%
No, it's not! 62 80.52%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
Is it time for a gay Ninja Turtle?

With all the drastically different TMNT universes, a constant concern for being PC in most respects, gay rights being a very topical issue right now... is it time for a gay Ninja Turtle?

Michelangelo seemed to be giving bedroom eyes to Woody not too long ago over in IDW, and there is the whole rainbow bandanna thing...
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Raph is gay.

Accept it. You know it to be true.

Source: I'm gay and I can smell my own.
Zulithe is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
No there is not time for a gay ninja turtle and I don't ever want to see such a thing.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No there is not time for a gay ninja turtle and I don't ever want to see such a thing.
Too bad! Time for Raph to come out of the closet, err, I mean out of his shell!
Zulithe is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Gay Turtles makes no sense, they barely have love interests as it is.

They should make Angel a lesbian in the IDW series. Those scenes she shared with April outside the truck and in the hospital were quite suspicious.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
.....no thanks.

the turtles are straight, if they want a gay turtle then they can make up a new one.

(I personally hate the idea of someone turning gay (in a show) when they have been straight and liking girls forever....just so they can have someone homosexual.......)
and don't even bring Mikey into this! Mikey is the least likely to be gay. (...well other than Raph XD)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
I say no. No turtle should be gay. Now if a different figure where to be gay fine what ever but not the turtles.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Ridiculous topic is ridiculous, and not the amusing variety either. >_<
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
How often are the Turtles shown to be specifically straight? I mean, they're the only four of their kind and they're all brothers, so their romantic options have typically been a bit limited. There have been some short-lived crushes and relationships in various "versions" of the franchise, but none that apply to all of them, and it's hardly ever been a major focus.

If one of the Turtles were revealed as gay in one of the series' many (maaany) versions/adaptations, what difference would it make? I'm all for it.
Bry is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Mike: Jesus, Raph, you look like ****, what happened?

Raph: I don’t know, man. I got ****in’ wasted last night, and my phone says I texted some guy named Casey at 3:15 asking them to beat me up. And then at 4:30 I texted the same guy saying thanks.

Mike: And you don’t remember it?

Raph: No. Same as last time.

Mike: It... it just seems gay, doesn’t it?

Raph: I don’t know. Maybe, yeah.

Mike: Do you think you’re part of some, like, gay beat-up underworld? Like one of those gay beat-up clubs?

Raph: I don’t know. I dig chicks. I don’t remember any of it, I was so ****ed up. I might be gay, I don’t know. You mind covering with Splinter for a bit? I’m gonna go lay down in the john.


Last edited by Galactus; 08-24-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Galactus is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Wouldn't Donatello be the first choice?

Doin' machines...ya perVERT!

That crush on April? Just a cover, until Casey enters stage left. Then the Sparks will REALLY Fly
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #12
MutagenJosh
Thug
 
MutagenJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Southaven , MS
Posts: 92
I'm thinking no. The turtles are straight, and have always been.
__________________
...OF DOOM!


MutagenJosh is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #13
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
Seems kinda...pander-y to me. I don't know I don't think I would really be bothered if one of the staff decided one of the Turtles were gay. It's not like it would help or hurt the character, unless romance started to take a bigger part or it was one of those arcs about the character overcoming prejudice for being gay.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist
 
Aaronardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Raph is gay.

Accept it. You know it to be true.

Source: I'm gay and I can smell my own.
Raph is not gay.

Accept it. You know it to be true.

Source: Mona Lisa. 'Nuff said.

Anyway, I think the whole "gay Ninja Turtle" thing is a stupid idea. NO WAY.
__________________
"Shredder, you gotta listen to reason!" - Leonardo
"Oh Turtles! Oh Turtles! Chew your gum properly."
"If I miss this week's Kirby, heads are gonna roll." - Raphael
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Didn't they come out?
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #16
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Been there, done that with that mirage porno comic.
__________________

Shreddhead is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #17
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist
 
ObiWanFan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
Didn't they come out?
True that
__________________
"The force will be with you, always"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
ObiWanFan4life is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
I'd have no problem with this. Wasn't there some interview with 2k3 Donatello's voice actor that talked about this once? I could be remembering wrong. Since they so rarely seem particularly either way, I don't see it changing much, if it all. Which is of course how it should be.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #19
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Supposedly Donatello did machines in the 80s. That's technophile.


Dont the Turtles, themselves, reflect the "outcast" minority?
Same as the X-Men served as a political stand against race on sex, color, etc. as the story revolved around a group of different people who were being repressed.

I dont think we need a Turtle who is gay for the kids out there to connect with. The Turtles being different and hiding, yet still trying to get out, in addition to being teens and learning who they are, there should be enough for ANYONE to relate to. The shy kid, the gay kid, etc.

The Don/April thing is weird.
Leo is always smitten by a badass girl who kicks his ass.
Mike always seemed to like ladies, even sleeping with a girl dinosaur or something.

Last edited by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza; 08-24-2013 at 04:00 PM.
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #20
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Maybe Slash can be the 5th Turtle who is also Gay! There ya go lol
He'd be, like, the bear if he could ever find another male.
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.