The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Vernon has fight scenes

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...a-turtles.html


Friday, October 11, 2013
Movies
Will Arnett teases bruising Shredder fight in 'Ninja Turtles'
Published Friday, Oct 11 2013, 12:30pm EDT | By Mayer Nissim and Morgan Jeffery | 4 comments
Recommend 1
Tweet 7
0
Submit
Will Arnett has said that filming fight scenes in the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie left him "exhausted and bruised".

The actor stars as April's rival cameraman Vernon Fenwick in Jonathan Liebesman's upcoming movie.

Will Arnett on the set of the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles', filming in New York - 07 May 2013

© Rex Features / Startraks Photo

Will Arnett filming 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'


Asked about whether he was a fan of the show growing up, Arnett told Digital Spy and other reporters: "It's funny, it's one of those things... it fell between the cracks for me, a little bit, because I was just a little old.

"But I have a much younger brother and he was a fan, so I was kind of exposed to it when I was a teenager.

"I knew who they all were and what happened was, almost simultaneous to me being in discussions to become part of the picture, my own sons became massive, like seemingly overnight, massive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans. It was so strange."

He added: "I started meeting with these guys and then... I actually watched the cartoon, the animated show on Nickelodeon with my sons, and I was like, 'This is a great story and there's something here', and so I got involved.


"Of course, Michael Bay's producing and it just seemed like such a great thing to be a part of, and so I signed on very excited, and I had a fantastic experience."

Arnett continued: "We went to New York, we were shooting that, and what was great was, I'd be there shooting all day, shooting a huge fight scene for like a week where we're fighting Shredder and the Foot Clan.

"Then I'd come home exhausted and bruised, and the second I walk in the door, my sons say, 'Dad, we're playing Turtles and you're Shredder!' I was inundated with it - just 24 hours a day Turtles!"

Will Arnett stars in The Millers, which begins this Monday (October 14) on Comedy Central UK at 9.30pm.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...#ixzz2hS8tkscu
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
I'm sure this'll drive some people into a noose.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I'm sure this'll drive some people into a noose.
Yeah, if only.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Maybe he'll use his weapons from the old Action Figure of him in these duels.
__________________
Proud Digimon nut.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
It only gets worse.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
What? This is not how Vernon acts!

Vernon is supposed to cower in fear in the first sight of trouble, beg April to save him and then faint. And he's supposed to say, "Please don't hurt me, thank you, thank you, thank you." as he's on his knees begging for his life.

What the hell is the point of including a Vernon who acts nothing like him? They're just destroying one character after another with this film. It's an insult and a slap in the face!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I'm sure he's just battling mere Foot soliders. He's helping out the turtles, nice.

I think they took the cowardly character and make him see the light, he becomes an ally like April. Sounds like character development!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Well we knew that Vernon is reimagined as an action oriented character in this movie. A role that seems so un-Vernon he may as well be an entirely new character but if there's anything even remotely faithful to the Fred Wolf version then it sounds completely horrible.

Images of Raphael saving his panic stricken brothers from Col. Sachs with the aid of his new wacky sidekicks April, Vernon and Irma.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior
 
Blossombrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 'hero' turtle land
Posts: 946
Maybe when he said "we" it was more general than inferring his character actually fighting. Vernon could simply be caught in the crossfire? I'd rather he was a shade of the old Vernon personally but I guess we'll see in time what they've actually done with the character.
__________________
There's too much green to feel blue!
http://blossombrooks.deviantart.com/
Blossombrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker
I'm sure this'll drive some people into a noose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What? This is not how Vernon acts!

Vernon is supposed to cower in fear in the first sight of trouble, beg April to save him and then faint. And he's supposed to say, "Please don't hurt me, thank you, thank you, thank you." as he's on his knees begging for his life.

What the hell is the point of including a Vernon who acts nothing like him? They're just destroying one character after another with this film. It's an insult and a slap in the face!
Are you some sort of wizard, Stryker?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What? This is not how Vernon acts!

Vernon is supposed to cower in fear in the first sight of trouble, beg April to save him and then faint. And he's supposed to say, "Please don't hurt me, thank you, thank you, thank you." as he's on his knees begging for his life.

What the hell is the point of including a Vernon who acts nothing like him? They're just destroying one character after another with this film. It's an insult and a slap in the face!
There's a thing called change...

What's wrong with them making him a stronger character?

The point is to reintroduce a character to a new generation, and have it be something unique. Changing is not destroying, if you love the old Vernon so much, just watch the OT, it's simple as that.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
The problem is they decided to make Vernon as much as a main character as April is... instead of being kind of a background character to make a few gags or have stuff happen to him to make us laugh.

Now that he's a main character, well... noone wants to see the main male character running around like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo, so they have to turn him awesome. He might awesome from the start, or he might be a wimp that finds his balls near the end. Either way, he's been changed into being a main character.

Wait... what's that? The movie is supposed to be about the Turtles, hence making them main characters. Oh no my friend. Ever since Bay's name was attached to this you knew this movie was going to be all about April and Vernon and how they deal with ninjas(soldiers?) and mutants running around the city.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
Well, this doesn't really say that he's all in there brawling it up like the turtles do. If if he's just playing some average joe trying to run out of danger and getting knocked around a few times, that would certainly still leave him "exhausted and bruised". So once again, I think people need to chillax and see how this actually plays out. Besides, even if Vernon DOES get some swings in here or there, just so long as he's fighting like your everyday guy off the street and not some super badass ninja, then I don't see a huge problem.
__________________
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
There's a thing called change...

What's wrong with them making him a stronger character?

The point is to reintroduce a character to a new generation, and have it be something unique. Changing is not destroying, if you love the old Vernon so much, just watch the OT, it's simple as that.
Because then he's simply not Vernon. Why take a character and change him into something totally different that he's not recognizable?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Go ask Karai....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Because then he's simply not Vernon. Why take a character and change him into something totally different that he's not recognizable?
Why do you still have hope that this movie will be any good? At this point who cares if they make Vernon into Splinter's human form. It's all screwed up the shell anyways, so who really cares at this point. I'm honestly surprised they haven't announced Venus yet, or said Splinter was originally Italian to go with the names, or some other crap. Just give it up.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #17
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Bizarro Vernon anyone?

Maybe Will and Abby talk tough and hold there own against a group of foot soldiers who are rookies? I could buy that but this is a different take on a dusted off character.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
I don't understand why they have Vernon at all then. Just yet another iconic TMNT character destroyed by this movie, along with Eric Sachs Shredder, Megan Fox April...and possibly alien/deformed looking Turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #19
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant
 
Slime State Alumni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Slime City
Posts: 458
I hope they reveal that Vernon is actually Venus in disguise.
Slime State Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't understand why they have Vernon at all then. Just yet another iconic TMNT character destroyed by this movie, along with Eric Sachs Shredder, Megan Fox April...and possibly alien/deformed looking Turtles.
Stop pretending this movie is actually gonna be any good. Just give it up and take it for the train wreck it's going to be.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.