![]() |
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: Do you like the title "Ninja Turtles"? | |||
| Yes, it's great! |
|
20 | 52.63% |
| No, it's dogsh*t |
|
8 | 21.05% |
| It should be "TINO" (Turtles In Name Only) |
|
10 | 26.32% |
| Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#1 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
|
So it looked like the title was "Ninja Turtles"... what would you think?
Are you happy with that title? We've known they're still mutants for a long time now (though to me it's a big "Who cares?" if they're aliens or not, given the rest of the... material we know about), but they might not even be teenagers in this. Do you think just "Ninja Turtles" sets it apart from the other films and universes?
Me, I'd always thought "Ninja Turtles" was a perfectly sound title for when the Turtles cease being teenagers. Never really happened anywhere, not even in the comics. It happened in "Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation," but they were still 17 in that. *Edit: So it looks like they've re-added the "Teenage Mutant" to the title, as of today.
__________________
Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-16-2014 at 04:42 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
|
Actually it's not. From today:
Quote:
Spoiler:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
I've called them Ninja Turtles for years...
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
|
I gotta go with "TINO". From the information so far it seems to have very little to do with TMNT.
You bring up a good point by dropping teenage and just keeping ninja turtles to indicate that they might not even be teenagers. That would work if that's the kind of approach they take. However, I'm under the impression that it was still Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
Where is the "I don't give a damn" option????
Truthfully the one thing I wishing and hoping for is that this movie puts TMNT onto the map and keeps it on the mainstream media
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Last edited by Redeemer; 02-16-2014 at 04:19 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
Ninja Turtles should really only ever be shorthand for when you're taking about them out loud.
Every part of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles should always be present in various media. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 142
|
Exactly. I've always called them Ninja Turtles when talking to people about them but that doesn't mean the name of the entire new film should be changed to that.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
|
i see no issue with just saying Ninja Turtles....i do it all the time..and less we forget next mutation did have the teenage mutant turtle title either
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me. ![]() ![]() https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
|
Well we know why "mutant" had to be omitted from the title.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
|
I see people are overlooking my post. The title is TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES not just NINJA TURTLES.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
|
Oh. Well that settles that, then.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Panama City Beach
Posts: 474
|
I read somewhere today it was confirmed the full tmnt title not just NT. once I find the link ill post it. It was from the toy fair this past weekend.
__________________
"Whats the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?" "you have meddeled with the primal forces of nature Mr. Beale" |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
When I read TINO all I could think of is Teenage Latino Mutant Turtles.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 478
|
Ehh, it sounds bland and tacky. I'm glad they decided to include the full title.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
|
I feel the same way.
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/ WANTED: A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted) Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
|
I personally think that's more to do with Superman not actually becoming Superman until the end of the events in the movie... though the reality of it seems that it was a title just carried over from when it was still going to be Singer's Superman Returns 2.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
That's because Man of Steel is a crap film, but anyway on topic.
I think the title will be only Ninja Turtles. The toys seems to be titled that way. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...12#post1213612 It's just a shorten form of the title, so I'm not fussed. woops, nope it's changed to TMNT again according to Lego: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=46280 Last edited by Shark_Blade; 02-16-2014 at 06:41 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
|
They had these printed ahead of time
Teenage mutant ninja turtles has been the name of the movie for quite some time now.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
|
Idk. I hold the original, full title close to me, so I feel I couldn't just drop part of it. But it's not the biggest deal. As long as they have a good solid script in place.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons." ** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| live action films, tino |
|
|