The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
What's your honest opinion on Megan Fox?

What do you think about Megan Fox?

I don't think she's a good actress at all, as she was previously a model before she, "fell into" acting and it was only because of her looks. There are some truly talented women out there who can actually act but Megan Fox is not one of them.

In terms of looks, I don't think she looks as good as she did in her early 20's. She had kids, and plastic surgery on her face, so its not really surprising. When I look at her she does nothing for me.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
I don't hate her like most of this board does. Are there better actors than her? Of course. There are also worse actors. While my preference for April would've been someone else, I definitely don't hate the choice. There are other actresses that I would've hated.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #3
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What do you think about Megan Fox?

I don't think she's a good actress at all, as she was previously a model before she, "fell into" acting and it was only because of her looks. There are some truly talented women out there who can actually act but Megan Fox is not one of them.

In terms of looks, I don't think she looks as good as she did in her early 20's. She had kids, and plastic surgery on her face, so its not really surprising. When I look at her she does nothing for me.
Personally I first i was super upset with her being cast and yes other Actresses that i and other personally would loved to have sen cast were dismissed in favor for Megan

This make me think something Though (and though this will not hold water to just about anyone on these forums) she was picked over all those actresses. Why? I know what most people will say. But there must have been a reason for her being picked. I will await my final judgment till i see something more concrete.

As with All actors they all tend to have terrible roles listed among great ones. And i understand she hasn't had a standout role yet but there may still be hope.


As for being a model before hand then becoming an actor. There are tones of actors that started out as something other then an actor. And many of them have Become great actors over time.

As far as i have seen though one of my worries was the over sexualization of Megan and so far from what we have seen there isn't much of that and i think that's great. The only Potentially Overly sexualized aspect is her on the trampoline But seeing as she was apart of a news story Unless the have cameras points are her ass i think its fine. Its definitely no transformers, short shorts, tube top, with sweat scene.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
she just sucks, plain and simple, she can't act.
she doesn't look that great anymore, she's in the movie only to be in skin tight pants...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #5
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
Honestly I feel like I haven't seen her act enough to judge her as an actress. Every role I've seen her in so far she was cast as nothing but I eye candy. I respect that in a lot of interviews it seems clear that she is aware of that. And for what its worth she was never shy about calling bay out on his crap either. I don't think its a coincedence that she has a lead role in this micheal bay produced movie but maybe they'll give her an actual character to play this time. This might be her chance to prove herself.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #6
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
Honestly I feel like I haven't seen her act enough to judge her as an actress. Every role I've seen her in so far she was cast as nothing but I eye candy. I respect that in a lot of interviews it seems clear that she is aware of that. And for what its worth she was never shy about calling bay out on his crap either. I don't think its a coincedence that she has a lead role in this micheal bay produced movie but maybe they'll give her an actual character to play this time. This might be her chance to prove herself.
My thing is they fired Her the got rid of her she didn't quit, they throw her out and she left on very bad terms and yet she still got this role. I know every looks the to whole sleeping with people thing but really That just over blown just because shes considered "pretty" and "overly sexual" mean she has to sleep around with people. I mean i could be wrong but there something else there that we just dont understand yet. Im hoping she preforms the crap out of this role and prove everyone wrong.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #7
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Not a fan of the casting at all, but it's still better than Fitcher as Shredder, so at this point I'm okay with it.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #8
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I don't know...I don't hate her, but I'm not a fan of her either...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Not a fan of her acting & looks-wise she's vastly overrated.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #10
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
She's hot. That's about it.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #11
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
i not a fan of her but we only can see how she is right but if it was up to me someone more younger and has no children should be playing the part my (option) i like the turtles actors but the foot clan not to much shredder might be good but still have to see the promo
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #12
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I don't know...I don't hate her, but I'm not a fan of her either...
This for me, and as far as her being hot, she was in the tf movies but everything else she was in she just looked like she had a drug problem......
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #13
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
i not a fan of her but we only can see how she is right but if it was up to me someone more younger and has no children should be playing the part my (option) i like the turtles actors but the foot clan not to much shredder might be good but still have to see the promo
Do you really have a problem with her playing April because she has children in real life?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #14
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I personally don't think she's that attractive. She's not ugly, but I don't think she's as hot as everyone makes her out to be.

What actually matters is if her acting will be any good. And judging by her previous roles, I'm not expecting too much...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Meh . . .
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #16
Anton Chigurh
Hench Mutant
 
Anton Chigurh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Panama City Beach
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
She's hot. That's about it.
Your only post that I agree with
__________________
"Whats the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?"

"you have meddeled with the primal forces of nature Mr. Beale"
Anton Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:52 PM   #17
Walkabout
Stone Warrior
 
Walkabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 556
She's very easy on the eye.

On the other hand, I think she is an abysmal choice to play April and I have not seen any evidence that she can act her way out of a wet paper bag.
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #18
Anton Chigurh
Hench Mutant
 
Anton Chigurh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Panama City Beach
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowChucker View Post
I speak my mind. I'm not afraid of clowns. It's one thing to state the obvious that Megan Fox isn't a great actress. We're all in agreeance. It's equally blashpemous to even insinuate she isn't sexually attractive to any red blooded heterosexual male. As if OP and his 15,000+ posts wouldn't jump at the chance to be with her. Pffft.
Totally agree, any straight guy that says that he wouldn't "hit" that is a goddam liar.
__________________
"Whats the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?"

"you have meddeled with the primal forces of nature Mr. Beale"
Anton Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #19
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
My thing is they fired Her the got rid of her she didn't quit, they throw her out and she left on very bad terms and yet she still got this role. I know every looks the to whole sleeping with people thing but really That just over blown just because shes considered "pretty" and "overly sexual" mean she has to sleep around with people. I mean i could be wrong but there something else there that we just dont understand yet. Im hoping she preforms the crap out of this role and prove everyone wrong.
Whoa guy. I don't want you to think I'm saying she slept with bay to get the role. Its probably just that they made up and he offered her the part because they've worked together before. She got the role not because of her acting ability but because she knows bay is what I'm saying. Even still I think she might be ready to try to prove people wrong. I imagine she knows what people think of her and she wants to show them what she can do. At least I hope so.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #20
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowChucker View Post
I speak my mind. I'm not afraid of clowns. It's one thing to state the obvious that Megan Fox isn't a great actress. We're all in agreeance. It's equally blashpemous to even insinuate she isn't sexually attractive to any red blooded heterosexual male. As if OP and his 15,000+ posts wouldn't jump at the chance to be with her. Pffft.
You are a huge dick.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.