The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Hypothetically Would you want TMNT pushed back to Oct/Nov?

I ask this in response to the thread about GOTG winning August,


would it be so bad push it back to have TMNT not compete with Marvels Anticipated film?


sure it may hurt it a little,

i mean when i worked on what's your number it was pushed back a year so evans could be seen as Captain America first (granted the was a bad film from the start)

but Thor: Dark World came out in Nov and did just fine

it would also give them time to do a more thought out marketing that many of us feel the film needs

and it would allow the movie to be released internationally around the same time

thoughts?

again lets keep it civil..this is a hypothetical
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 05-21-2014 at 10:20 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
I ask this in response to the thread about GOTG winning August,


would it be so bad push it back to have TMNT not compete with Marvels Anticipated film?


sure it may hurt it a little,

i mean when i worked on what's your number it was pushed back a year so evans could be seen as Captain America first (granted the was a bad film from the start)

but Thor: Dark World came out in Nov and did just fine

it would also give them time to do a more thought out marketing that many of us the marketing time frame we feel the film needs

and it would allow the movie to be released internationally around the same time

thoughts?
Yes but the only reasoning being to have a closer world wide release date


Everything else will be moot next month
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
Hmm ... I really don't know what I would like. I REALLY want to see this movie, so I want to say August. However, Guardians may or may not take the spotlight away from TMNT. And that takes away from the potential success of this new movie, making it less likely for a sequel (which I may be okay with if the movie really isn't that good [however, I'm optimistic]). It may just cut into the budget of the TMNT sequel, which still isn't good.

BUT I'm not exactly sure what I feel about GOTG, and how successful it will be. It's a property not known, and a very out there property at that. Sometimes a good trailer isn't enough to get peoples butts in the theaters, it can be the actors in it and finial roth with the characters. Not sure if people, unlike the frequent internet fanboys we are (and, some of us, Marvel fans), are even AWARE of this movie, or excited for it.

So ... I wouldn't be so quick to say that TMNT should move back. I think their to far into marketing to do it anyway. 'Summer' ... 'August' ... 'August 8' ... They tweet that out to 30k or so followers on Twitter all the time, and that's just Twitter.
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #4
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
what is it release wise uk all i know is oct..thats atleast 2 months behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post

Everything else will be moot next month
do you know that as fact or just a big guess?

so you are also saying TMNT will beat GOTG?
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
No. Having this awful thing coming out on my birthday just might be the only way I can enjoy it.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #6
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
i would hate that to happen Oct Or Nov One i Could not watch it in Nov and Oct its Halloween month August is ok we waited this long it would Piss me off.
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
How about this, why does Marvel deliberately go up against Warner Bros. Superman VS Batmanawn of Justice Instead of Captain America 3 being on the same weekend in April it was this year which turned out to be a great move out a full movie before Blockbuster season. I get the feeling that Paramont thinks no matter when it releases it,as it had multiple previous dates it will have competition regardless and the outcome will not be much different. All four previous films opened in March and I doubt had much competition effect it even if there was a movie to effect its take. How much did 300 have an effect on TMNT? Yes,even if I did not see it or care for the content it did far better than TMNT. Did it take away potential audience? Probably not. Will Guardians of The Galaxy? Maybe. Both are superhero films however are vastly different concepts. In 2011 there was a belief the audience was tired out of superheroes because of Green Lantern just making back its huge budget and X-Men Origins underperforming. It turns out the plot was hard to grab the audience not necessarily the heroes uninterested in the certain heroes.That was proven with Avengers and Batman:The Dark Knight Rises both making over a billion and The Amazing Spider-Man making little over 700 million the vear.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
How about this, why does Marvel deliberately go up against Warner Bros. Superman VS Batmanawn of Justice Instead of Captain America 3 being on the same weekend in April it was this year which turned out to be a great move out a full movie before Blockbuster season. I get the feeling that Paramont thinks no matter when it releases it,as it had multiple previous dates it will have competition regardless and the outcome will not be much different. All four previous films opened in March and I doubt had much competition effect it even if there was a movie to effect its take.
Well, it was Warner Brothers who made the immature move when THEY moved their movie to a date Marvel had already announced a film for. Personally, that's really a 'in your face' and 'unprofessional' move. I don't really blame Marvel for standing their ground, THEY wanted that date, and they had it. This is all just childish competiveness.
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #9
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
How about this, why does Marvel deliberately go up against Warner Bros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Sirens Podcast View Post
Well, it was Warner Brothers who made the immature move when THEY moved their movie to a date Marvel had already announced a film for. Personally, that's really a 'in your face' and 'unprofessional' move. I don't really blame Marvel for standing their ground, THEY wanted that date, and they had it. This is all just childish competiveness.
i would say this all stems from the original rivalry of DC vs Marvel , one wants to do better than the other no matter the cost..but come next year i bet you one will move...and i bet it will be Warner..and i dont just say that as a marvel fan boy

ive only ever heard of marvel moving back one franchise (fantastic four)
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:19 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I'd rather it get pushed back forever and only released on VHS. That's right...VHS....that way the only way to watch it is the people who still have VCR's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #11
snooz
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 103
I really don't buy the idea that GOTG 'has already won August'. They're ahead of TMNT as far as marketing is concerned, yes, but TMNT is out there now and many people are excited for it. Of course there is negative reaction to it, as there is with any reboot/remake of an old property, but there is still a ton of excitement around this movie.

I realize that it isn't everything, but TMNT has a much, much bigger name than GOTG. To the average movie-goer, I think that will carry some weight. The attitude around here generally appears to fall a bit more on the side of negative outlook toward the movie, and that seems to lead people to think that most of the planet shares their disdain for the upcoming TMNT movie. I just don't think that that is the case, a lot of people are just excited to see their favourite childhood heroes back on the big screen and more realistic than ever. Not everyone is a comic book/movie nerd like so many of us here, and while GOTG may still look like it will be a good movie, many are thinking the same about TMNT and it has the nostalgia factor on its side.
snooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:02 AM   #12
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
To answer the question, in a word, Nope. Maybe it's because I really don't subscribe to the argument that just because Guardians is releasing around the same time that all of a sudden it's doomed to fail.

While the Guardians are coming in hot ( I will be seeing it in theaters ), the Turtles have stood the test of time, and 30 years later are still a force to be reckoned with in pop culture.

There is room for both to succeed.

Can I just add that there has been little to no marketing for the Expendables 3, yet the opinion has been voiced that it'll somehow steal the Turtles thunder...I'm sorry, I disagree with that as well. August will the month for epic space pirates, and shinobi terrapins, I'm willing to bet money on that.

Similarly, the Hunt for Red October and Pretty Woman, released the same month as the original Steve Barron TMNT, and while their properties cater to different audiences, it's proof that a Turtle film can hold its ground against other major players released around the same time.
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:12 AM   #13
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
I will admit that i dont feel any movie should move

i always felt Fantastic 4 shouldve stood thier ground for the July 4th release they wanted


if anything i more feel that TMNT should move so that the international release date isnt so spread ouut
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:17 AM   #14
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
I will admit that i dont feel any movie should move

i always felt Fantastic 4 shouldve stood thier ground for the July 4th release they wanted


if anything i more feel that TMNT should move so that the international release date isnt so spread ouut
This i agree with, It is such a shame that the international releases are so spread out it makes no sense, why do they do this?

BUT Its entertainment that all that matter instead of who won who it should be Heck August is going to be a great Movie month and heck Im going to be seeing likely 3 or 4 different movies that month which is great and likely enjoy every single one.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:23 AM   #15
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I don't think TMNT needs to move back that far. Just a week or two.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies.php?year=2014&month=08

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
How about this, why does Marvel deliberately go up against Warner Bros. Superman VS Batmanawn of Justice Instead of Captain America 3 being on the same weekend in April it was this year which turned out to be a great move out a full movie before Blockbuster season. I get the feeling that Paramont thinks no matter when it releases it,as it had multiple previous dates it will have competition regardless and the outcome will not be much different. All four previous films opened in March and I doubt had much competition effect it even if there was a movie to effect its take. How much did 300 have an effect on TMNT? Yes,even if I did not see it or care for the content it did far better than TMNT. Did it take away potential audience? Probably not. Will Guardians of The Galaxy? Maybe. Both are superhero films however are vastly different concepts. In 2011 there was a belief the audience was tired out of superheroes because of Green Lantern just making back its huge budget and X-Men Origins underperforming. It turns out the plot was hard to grab the audience not necessarily the heroes uninterested in the certain heroes.That was proven with Avengers and Batman:The Dark Knight Rises both making over a billion and The Amazing Spider-Man making little over 700 million the vear.
If I remember correctly, 300 was the #1 movie in America on its opening weekend, TMNT debuted at #1 the next weekend, and 300 was back at #1 by its third weekend. So it pretty much smothered TMNT.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:17 AM   #16
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
It wouldn't bother me if TMNT was pushed back a month or so as it be closer to the UK release date.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #17
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
I say it should be pushed up instead of pushed back. Let's rip this bandaid off right now!
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #18
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
I think TMNT has been pushed back enough.. Like 5 years enough lol. Soo.. how would people react if they were to push back GOTG? That is my question
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #19
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
I'd say another push back would probably be negative.

I honestly think they should have pulled the date in to mid-June. About 2 weeks after X-Men and 2 weeks before Transformers if they were set on a summer release. It was set for June....they didn't want it going head to head with Transformers because they felt it would hurt box office.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #20
GeneralTragg
Foot Soldier
 
GeneralTragg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 129
An October release and it could be a cult Halloween hit...
__________________
Let's log into the Platinum Dunes Forum and see what the latest atrocity is...
GeneralTragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.