The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #1
Kamekichi
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 22
Original Trilogy Re-Releases?

When most blockbuster re-makes come out they've usually released the older movies again like recently with Spider-Man and X-Men. Do you guys know of any news about them re-releasing the original Turtle movies to milk the release of the new picture?
Kamekichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamekichi View Post
When most blockbuster re-makes come out they've usually released the older movies again like recently with Spider-Man and X-Men. Do you guys know of any news about them re-releasing the original Turtle movies to milk the release of the new picture?
I believe there's a four pack of the original three and the 2007 movie I saw in passing at Walmart not long ago, although I didn't see it last time I was there. (Should have stopped to have a closer look but I was movie figure hunting that day with limited cash so had to resist.)

Think it was this or similar: http://www.walmart.com/ip/37238815
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
All 4 movies were released in a blu-ray boxset not too long ago
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
Went to a rental store and they had all three movies for rent (DVD & BR), placed with the newer movies.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
Kamekichi
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 22
Ah, thanks everyone. I've just been holding off on buying the blurays just in case they were going to re-release them or even make "special editions."
Kamekichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
http://www.amazon.com/Film-Favorites...s=TMNT+blu+ray

Adding the link to Amazon, readily available
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #7
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
the way they r promoitng the movie

wait long enough and if u buy the old tmnt movies ull prolly get bucks to see the movie free
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #8
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22 View Post
the way they r promoitng the movie

wait long enough and if u buy the old tmnt movies ull prolly get bucks to see the movie free
Wouldn't be surprised at all. I'd check Best Buy for it.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #9
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
I feel like they've already been bargain bin milked to death. The only thing left to do is do a halfway decent release for the DVDs now. Remastered, some bonus stuff. Everything else has been bare bones.

Only way to really milk it at this point.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #10
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22 View Post
the way they r promoitng the movie

wait long enough and if u buy the old tmnt movies ull prolly get bucks to see the movie free
Or drink enough Crush Soda
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
Or drink enough Crush Soda
Most require more than one?




I wonder/wish there would be cut footage from the old movies that they could include, that would be awesome.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #12
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Most require more than one?

http://37.media.tumblr.com/7d5cafc92...g76ko1_250.gif


I wonder/wish there would be cut footage from the old movies that they could include, that would be awesome.
Six cases will get you a free movie ticket. One case gets you $1 off
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:21 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Well, was just faking being an ass since I only needed one 20oz bottle. But I hope others luck out soon who haven't yet.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:08 PM   #14
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, was just faking being an ass since I only needed one 20oz bottle. But I hope others luck out soon who haven't yet.
I haven't seen any 20oz bottles....only the cases
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:12 PM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
My Walmart eventually got some in, were in the little refrigerators by the registers though, I almost forgot to check again. Haven't seen any of that size on shelves though.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:22 PM   #16
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
My Walmart eventually got some in, were in the little refrigerators by the registers though, I almost forgot to check again. Haven't seen any of that size on shelves though.
I gotta scour Walmart then
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #17
Wentos
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All 4 movies were released in a blu-ray boxset not too long ago
Yeah, but I've heard the HD transfer for the OT blu-rays is pretty lousy. I always kind of hoped that the old live action movies would get a proper remaster one day, but they aren't the kind of movies Criterion are falling over themselves to work on, you know?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick, you have to do two things:

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:55 AM   #18
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentos View Post
Yeah, but I've heard the HD transfer for the OT blu-rays is pretty lousy.
The first movie looks considerably better than it ever has. It's definitely better than the DVD and lightyears better than the VHS. It could look better, and while I would love to see an exhaustive restoration of the film, it just won't happen for a catalog title such as it is.

The thing is, even with a thorough restoration, the grain is here to stay. The movie is filmed with a lot of darkly lit sequences, which produces grain, and some of the grainer moments, namely the flashbacks, were most likely a stylistic choice.

While I prefer the look of the first film to the second, SOTO is a bit sharper than its predecessor, while the third film is probably the sharpest of all three.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1685_9_large.jpg (95.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 1685_10_large.jpg (63.1 KB, 9 views)
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #19
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
The grainy look of the film is part of what makes that such a great movie for me. I absolutely love it
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.