The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles
Random Punk
 
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Actor playing Shredder/Oroku Saki? (Ken Watanabe?)

Could Shredder/Oroku Saki secretly be Ken Watanabe? Any other guesses to the actor?
Since the secret reveal in the extended 2:30 trailer, we have now heard Shredder's true voice in the Nick BTS. Kevin Eastman made a statement about thinking Ken Watanabe being a perfect Shredder.
The shrouded figure fits and even the voice sounds eerily similar. He was Godzilla and then T4: AoE, so why not? I think he would be perfect as well.

Any other guesses?
__________________
Turtle POWER!
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dacascos

That's the shady guy.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles View Post
Could Shredder/Oroku Saki secretly be Ken Watanabe? Any other guesses to the actor?
Since the secret reveal in the extended 2:30 trailer, we have now heard Shredder's true voice in the Nick BTS. Kevin Eastman made a statement about thinking Ken Watanabe being a perfect Shredder.
The shrouded figure fits and even the voice sounds eerily similar. He was Godzilla and then T4: AoE, so why not? I think he would be perfect as well.

Any other guesses?
Ya'll did? Damn, I hate being at work.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
He looks nothing like Ken Watanabe
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles
Random Punk
 
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
He looks nothing like Ken Watanabe
I maybe am being a little hopeful, but it has me very curious nonetheless.
__________________
Turtle POWER!
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles
Random Punk
 
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
Ya'll did? Damn, I hate being at work.
Very brief, few words, but the voice was definitely not William Fichtner.
__________________
Turtle POWER!
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
is it? has that been confirmed?
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
No, it has not. It's just speculation based on a clean up of a cap from the trailer.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #9
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
He's listed as a Foot Soldier on IMDB.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #10
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
I find it funny that Watanabe is apparently the only Asian actor in the world. He gets fantasy picked to play every even slightly asian character.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #11
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles
Random Punk
 
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I find it funny that Watanabe is apparently the only Asian actor in the world. He gets fantasy picked to play every even slightly asian character.
I'm not "fantasy picking" him, I'm very intrigued at who the actor is. No bias, only wanted to spark a conversation of other's thoughts on the matter.
__________________
Turtle POWER!
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #12
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I find it funny that Watanabe is apparently the only Asian actor in the world. He gets fantasy picked to play every even slightly asian character.
I know, right?

Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's because he's the only Asian name brand actor any American remembers. Something about names that sound more like the sounds you make when you violently sneeze, they just don't really etch themselves into your memory.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
He's listed as a Foot Soldier on IMDB.
Trusting IMDB is like believing the kid in elementary school who told you his Dad worked for Nintendo & confirmed that Yoshi was now a Pokemon.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #14
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles
Random Punk
 
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I know, right?

Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's because he's the only Asian name brand actor any American remembers. Something about names that sound more like the sounds you make when you violently sneeze, they just don't really etch themselves into your memory.
As I just stated, since I do feel this is directed towards me being the one mentioning Mr. Watanabe, I both read and speak a fair amount of Japanese, and keep up with Asian pop culture (mostly Japan's). I'd say I know a fairly good amount of Asian actors and voice actors for that matter. Please do not generalize before making a statement.
__________________
Turtle POWER!

Last edited by TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles; 07-17-2014 at 09:38 PM. Reason: misspelling Asian
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #15
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Trusting IMDB is like believing the kid in elementary school who told you his Dad worked for Nintendo & confirmed that Yoshi was now a Pokemon.
No duh. I'm pretty positive that's him though. He's been listed for a while and it looks exactly like him.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #16
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles View Post
As I just stated, since I do feel this is directed towards me being the one mentioning Mr. Watanabe, I both read and speak a fair amount of Japanese, and keep up with Asian pop culture (mostly Japan's). I'd say I know a fairly good amount of Asian actors and voice actors for that matter. Please do not generalize before making a statement.
Lookit this guy, taking me serious and sh*t. You're alright, fella.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #17
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles
Random Punk
 
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
No duh. I'm pretty positive that's him though. He's been listed for a while and it looks exactly like him.
I did a quick check of IMDb (to be believed or not) and he is no longer listed.
__________________
Turtle POWER!
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:52 PM   #18
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles
Random Punk
 
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Lookit this guy, taking me serious and sh*t. You're alright, fella.
Actually, not 100% sure how to take you, but I understand.
__________________
Turtle POWER!
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #19
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Generally speaking, "with at least a half-shaker full of salt at any given time" is a safe way to go.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #20
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles View Post
I did a quick check of IMDb (to be believed or not) and he is no longer listed.
The plot thickens. False flag.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ken watanabe, shredder


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.