The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
What do you like/dislike about TMNT 1990?

I want to see how the likes/dislikes compare with the 2014 one. I know a lot of you consider the 1990 sacred, but there must be some dislikes you can think of.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
I want to see how the likes/dislikes compare with the 2014 one. I know a lot of you consider the 1990 sacred, but there must be some dislikes you can think of.
I didn't like how they went into the battle against Shredder not knowing who he was. In this movie, I want Splinter to raise them and train them knowing full well who the Shredder is and that they must stop him
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
I can only think of one dislike... the fact we don't have a Director's Cut of this movie yet! I would love to see all the deleted scenes.


Everything else is good.
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
*The ending with everyone standing around including Footclan members still wearing their mask and no arrests are being made.

*Nobody tells the cops about Shredder being in the garbage truck, you would think regardless on what happened to him they would be like "the man who is responsible for all this crime is in there".

*The Fact that the garbage truck involved with a crime scene is back on the streets collecting garbage like normal.

*When Shredder gets dumped out in SOTO he's got nothing wrong with him associating with falling off a roof, landing hard in the back of the truck and being around garbage for a week or two in the back of a garbage truck in the middle of the summer in New York City heat (dude would be suffering from some infections/pink eye/who knows what)
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #5
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Wish it were a little longer, retained all original scenes, didn't get censored, & had Sex Pistols on the soundtrack as originally intended. Dassaboutit.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Wish it were a little longer, retained all original scenes, didn't get censored, & had Sex Pistols on the soundtrack as originally intended. Dassaboutit.
Even the training at the farmhouse was supposed to be longer, too.
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #7
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Wish it were a little longer, retained all original scenes, didn't get censored, & had Sex Pistols on the soundtrack as originally intended. Dassaboutit.
Do you know what Sex Pistols song was originally intended to be played?
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #8
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
I want to see how the likes/dislikes compare with the 2014 one. I know a lot of you consider the 1990 sacred, but there must be some dislikes you can think of.
the fights scenes. I know the suits were obstructive and all, but the fights were lame.

and yes, before i get stones thrown my way, i know the Raph vs 1,000 foot was good, as was the Turtles vs Shredder rooftop showdown, but there was alot that was super cheesy...Leo threw his damn blades into the ceiling, and used them to bicycle kick some Foot, until he fell down and was dog piled on - thats some slapstick non-sense.
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #9
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
Even the training at the farmhouse was supposed to be longer, too.
And more "spiritual" according to Judy Hoag.
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #10
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
the fights scenes. I know the suits were obstructive and all, but the fights were lame.

and yes, before i get stones thrown my way, i know the Raph vs 1,000 foot was good, as was the Turtles vs Shredder rooftop showdown, but there was alot that was super cheesy...Leo threw his damn blades into the ceiling, and used them to bicycle kick some Foot, until he fell down and was dog piled on - thats some slapstick non-sense.
The bit with Leo didn't really bother me much....now the majority of the fighting in the second one was ridiculous. Combat cold cuts???
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #11
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
the fights scenes. I know the suits were obstructive and all, but the fights were lame.

and yes, before i get stones thrown my way, i know the Raph vs 1,000 foot was good, as was the Turtles vs Shredder rooftop showdown, but there was alot that was super cheesy...Leo threw his damn blades into the ceiling, and used them to bicycle kick some Foot, until he fell down and was dog piled on - thats some slapstick non-sense.
I actually enjoyed that part with Leo. I think it matched the tone of the movie. But the difference with this and the second one is that the second one just had too much slapstick (obviously because of parental complaints), but the first one had a nice balance where it would throw in a little slapstick and then get really serious all of a sudden (cue serious music).
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #12
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Leo and, to some extent Raph, not being able to fully utilize their weapons. Particularly Leo, though.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #13
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Leo and, to some extent Raph, not being able to fully utilize their weapons. Particularly Leo, though.
Well he did cut Shredder with his blade...
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #14
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 View Post
The bit with Leo didn't really bother me much....now the majority of the fighting in the second one was ridiculous. Combat cold cuts???
http://i.imgur.com/HieRbJ6.gif
Not as ridiculous as this:


To be honest, I enjoyed it as a kid, but now I watch it and just realize, wow, there was little to no actual fight choreography in that one. Kinda takes away from the ninja part and just makes them teenage mutant turtles.

Keno had the best fights in the whole movie.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #15
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
Not as ridiculous as this:
http://i.imgur.com/LerD8.gif

To be honest, I enjoyed it as a kid, but now I watch it and just realize, wow, there was little to no actual fight choreography in that one. Kinda takes away from the ninja part and just makes them teenage mutant turtles.

Keno had the best fights in the whole movie.
I still like that part with Donnie. But how stupid can that thief be though???
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #16
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
The retarded fight scenes.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #17
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
The retarded fight scenes.
They had their fair share in both movies....well in all 3 of them really
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #18
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
I guess hating the old is the cool knew thing to do


Like

The 3 original movies- they are part of a lost art form of practical effects vs washed over by bad CGI, and the reason i followed the career path i have


Dislike

Keno

and now everyone saying how "Retarded" and "Crappy" they are because of this new movie
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #19
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
Not as ridiculous as this:
http://i.imgur.com/LerD8.gif

To be honest, I enjoyed it as a kid, but now I watch it and just realize, wow, there was little to no actual fight choreography in that one. Kinda takes away from the ninja part and just makes them teenage mutant turtles.

Keno had the best fights in the whole movie.
I hear people complaining about TMNT 2014 saying "THEY'RE NOT NINJAS" or "where is the martial arts?", its like come on now there were probably a less than a handful in all 3 movies actually had martial arts and most of the fights were slapstick.
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #20
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
I guess hating the old is the cool knew thing to do


Like

The 3 original movies- they are part of a lost arnt washed over by bad CGI, and the reason i followed the career path i have


Dislike

Keno

and now everyone saying how "Retarded" and "Crappy" they are because of this new bad movie
I don't hate it...but there are things that could have been done better. Which I'm sure will be the same thing with this movie
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.