The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
erik
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 104
Ultimate Visual History

I just got the book in the mail -- I was really shocked by how much value they stuffed into this book.

What did everyone else think of it?

I wrote about it on my blog (along with the Turtle Power Documentary). It seemed like they both really complimented each other (especially since I found the ending of Turtle Power to be lacking)

http://kandouerik.blogspot.com/2014/...e-history.html

Also - can anyone tell me, was the original comic #1, - was it smaller, or larger than regular comics? The copy they included with the book is smaller, which didn't seem to match what I remembered hearing about it, and it's original print run.

But I can't really complain, given the large amount of extras and inserts they included. Just look at how much stuff they stuck in the hardcover!!


Larger Version of Image: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...tle24large.jpg
__________________
-----------------------
http://supersentaiimages.blogspot.com/
Super Sentai (Japanese Power Rangers)

http://kandouerik.blogspot.com/
Comics, Japanese Stuff, and More

Turtle-Related Posts
- TMNT Vol 4
- Different Versions of TMNT
- Alien Mutant Turtles
- TMNT 2014 Movie Review
- Nickelodeon TMNT
- Ninja Turtle History
erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
erik
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 104
I just finished reading the book last night (awesome book, through and through)

But what surprised me was that they say, flat out, Shredder was suppose to be Eric Sacks. They obviously changed things, after the book was finished. Even the page of script, thats included, is completely different from the movie in theaters.

They didn't mention the aliens gaff, though (I suppose they where ordered not to write about. Too soon; I guess) --but still, this was a fantastic sneak peek of how WRONG the movie could have been, if they hadn't decided to change things at the last second. (Granted, a lot did go wrong with the movie - but thats for another thread)
__________________
-----------------------
http://supersentaiimages.blogspot.com/
Super Sentai (Japanese Power Rangers)

http://kandouerik.blogspot.com/
Comics, Japanese Stuff, and More

Turtle-Related Posts
- TMNT Vol 4
- Different Versions of TMNT
- Alien Mutant Turtles
- TMNT 2014 Movie Review
- Nickelodeon TMNT
- Ninja Turtle History
erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Already a sizable thread for this:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=45533&
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.