The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
fridaynightdestination
Banned
 
fridaynightdestination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
I guess I'm not much of a TMNT fan since

I still don't know what a Technodrome is. I mean, I've heard it mentioned in the TMNT 1987 show (haven't seen every episode) and it was mentioned in the TMNT 2012 Season 2 Finale trailer (haven't seen every episode of that, most of them though) So I honestly don't know what a Technodrome is..

I guess I'm not much of a TMNT fan if I don't know what it is
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
...huh? They don't let ya out of the lair too often, do they. Good natured poking aside... It's that wheeled golf ball Shredder and Krang had as a home base in the '87 series, and the newest version is more of a flying Krang space ship. Now if we're talking what is it in a deeper sense... newest one I assume space ship.. '87 one... um... god only knows... rolling alien vehicle that must have been a bit of a lemon from a used alien death machine dealer...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #3
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Are you kiddin? Even if you aren't, you could google it....
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
This is a joke, right?

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Technodrome
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
The Technodrome appears in the first episode of the OT and has a full debut in the second episode.

I really hope this is a joke. Even people who barely watched the OT know what the Technodrome is.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
It's just like the pleasuredome, but at 128 bpm.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #7
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
You could always youtube it... Starting at 3:24

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #8
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
I can see newer fans without much exposure to the '87 cartoon not having this piece of knowledge.

But, yo dawg -- It's Krang's roaming spherical death machine in every version he appears in. It gets stuck in various spots in the '87 cartoon and more or less serves as a stationary base for the villains after the first season. Many, many plots in that series focus around Shredder and Krang trying to repower it.

It's also shown up in the TMNT Adventures comic series, Turtles Forever (under the control of the '87 Krang until it's commandeered and rebuilt by 2003 villain Ch'rell), the 2012 cartoon as a flying weapon, and it's currently under construction in the IDW comic.

Here's the model from Turtles Forever:


Last edited by Cipher; 08-22-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
It's nice but also weird to see a Turtles fan not familiarized with the FW series. I guess this one of those times where you realize that you're getting old.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #10
slyme843
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9
a technodrome is the thing the turtles flew in the air
slyme843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #11
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyme843 View Post
a technodrome is the thing the turtles flew in the air
What?

That's the turtle blimp, dude.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:18 AM   #12
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Just re-watch a few episodes of Season 1. You'll get familiar with everything and everyone.

BTW - Just because you don't the Technodrome doesn't mean you're not the fan you thought you were. To me, the only time you're not a fan of the series is when you don't like / don't care about the series. My parents are great examples of not being TMNT fans; they b*tched at me just for liking the show when I was a kid.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:33 AM   #13
Hannurdock
Foot Soldier
 
Hannurdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 236
Technodrome: Shredder's ultimate weapon. A giant golf ball on wheels
__________________
Try to be like the turtle ... at ease in your own shell.
Hannurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.