The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
Birdman37
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 42
Los Turtugas Ninjas (for the wrestling fans)

They aren't the first group to use this gimmick but they are really good, young high flyers in Mexico. Thought some of you might enjoy this.









https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6sYFV7l0FU
Birdman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
lol

Those masks are kinda creepy.

I remember making CAWs of the TMNT in wrestling games when I was a kid. There were some pretty good ones for Day of Reckoning 2, which had a great CAW mode.

Also, I believe the correct spelling would be "Las Tortugas Ninjas".
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708


__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
Birdman37
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah there has been two or three versions of them in Lucha Libre, bout as many versions as the Los Power Raiders (Power Rangers).
Birdman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Neat. I'll watch a match or two from them on youtube.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #7
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
The late Brian Hildebrand, who refereed and wrestled in WCW, Smoky Mountain and the USWA, among other places, often worked the Ninja Turtle gimmick around 1992, sometimes billed as "Kowabunga The Ninja Turtle". I don't have any pics handy, if anyone does that'd be neat. I'm pretty sure he wasn't the first to do the gimmick but at the time he was the most well-known.

Those are some of the better TMNT-style costumes I've seen in the ring, that's for sure, especially the "shells". The masks are a little cheesy but that's always been the tricky part with "Wrestling TMNT" costumes; ANY mask is a bitch to wear, let alone one that fairly accurately represents one of those bulbous monstrosities and still stays put on their head. It's goofy looking but it's good enough, basically. I kinda dig it.

The fed I broke in with used to have guys dressed up as a Goat, a Zebra, and a Monkey, and called them the "Zoo World Order". They were CRAZY over. The boss would'a TOTALLY flown these guys in for a weekend to work 'em. I wish.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #8
ToSte
Hench Mutant
 
ToSte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 419
Why am I suddenly craving watermelon?
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #9
Birdman37
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The late Brian Hildebrand, who refereed and wrestled in WCW, Smoky Mountain and the USWA, among other places, often worked the Ninja Turtle gimmick around 1992, sometimes billed as "Kowabunga The Ninja Turtle". I don't have any pics handy, if anyone does that'd be neat. I'm pretty sure he wasn't the first to do the gimmick but at the time he was the most well-known.

Those are some of the better TMNT-style costumes I've seen in the ring, that's for sure, especially the "shells". The masks are a little cheesy but that's always been the tricky part with "Wrestling TMNT" costumes; ANY mask is a bitch to wear, let alone one that fairly accurately represents one of those bulbous monstrosities and still stays put on their head. It's goofy looking but it's good enough, basically. I kinda dig it.

The fed I broke in with used to have guys dressed up as a Goat, a Zebra, and a Monkey, and called them the "Zoo World Order". They were CRAZY over. The boss would'a TOTALLY flown these guys in for a weekend to work 'em. I wish.
lol yeah there were two versions in the early 90s. Hildebrand/Mark Curtis' version was second actually.

First, you had Kowabunga The Ninja Turtle in USWA (aka Chris Champion):



And then there was the Smoky Mountain version "Cowabunga The Ninja Turtle" (Hildebrand)
Birdman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #10
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
Xavier Woods is a big fan :



__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.