The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
Darthknuxward
Hench Mutant
 
Darthknuxward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Depths of Karzahni
Posts: 309
If you had control over the TMNT franchise, what would you do with it?

Basically, this is exactly what the title entails.
Here are my top three:
1. New animated series based around facets from every incarnation.
2. Produce a gritty noir-style TMNT movie based around the early Mirage comics.
3. Create a collector-oriented toy-line where the fans can vote on which figures they want see produced.
__________________
Insane? I prefer the term "creative", but I guess there isn't much difference between the two in the end, is there?

Quote:
Originally posted by The True Shredder
I give a rat's ass. I killed Master Splinter and will give you his rat's ass!

Quote:
Originally posted by snake
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

FEEL MY FREEZE!

I'm not quite dead.
Darthknuxward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:31 AM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
1. Do everything in my power to make people aware of, respect, & enjoy, the Mirage comics/universe.

2. Create "Tales Of The Turtleverse", a comic that would be Tales Of The TMNT except with stories taking place in every turtle series, rather than just Mirage. That would include the cartoons & movies.

3. Revive the vintage Playmates toyline. Make some new variant turtles, figures of characters who never got their own, introduce a few new goofy mutant characters, etc.

4. Statues based on the first film.

5. New Henson/Barron film, be it a reboot or a continuation. Maybe make it a sequel to the first flick, pretending the 2 that followed didn't exist. I dunno. I just want more of their vision.

6. Animated films on DVD adapting Mirage comics, & maybe IDW's, too.

7. Turn Turtles In Time into a movie or animated feature.

8. Create a weekly or monthly podcast that has news about upcoming stuff & always features at least one turtle staffer. Perhaps have it be hosted by a TMNT voice actor, in character.

9. A toyline that produces all the versions of the turtles, accurately. The Classics done right. OT turtles that look like they did in the first episode. Henson turtles that are instantly recognizable. Next Mutation & 4kids figures that also reflect their on-screen counterparts. IDW & Mirage sets where each turtle looks like a different artist's rendition. For example, a Mirage set would have a Lawson Leo, Dooney Michelangelo, Talbot Raphael, & a Berger or Farley Donatello. IDW's set would be like, Duncan Raph, Campbell Michelangelo, Kuhn Donatello, Santolouco Leo. If you do villains, have them be in the other artists' styles. It'd be the ultimate collectors series.

10. Keep the Nick show running but create a new TMNT animated series in the form of a Japan-produced anime. One that is split between two parts- Like, they're 30 minute episodes with a serious tone (bits of humor injected as always, of course) but the last 5 minutes of each features a silly short of chibi turtles with slice of life gags. Make it like Samurai Champloo meets Lucky Star, or something. Or just do two separate anime shows. If I'm running the property, I guess I have the power to make that call.

11. My ideal games. A Smash Brothers clone title. One that is good, unlike Smash-up. Have characters/outfits/stages from every universe. Another Street Fighter clone game, in the vein of Tournament Fighters. Maybe make it IDW based or Nick series based. A Legend Of Zelda styled game. Imagine Ocarina Of Time meets Turtles In Time. Instead of Hyrule Field, it's NYC. Instead of a dungeon, it could be a sewer system. Instead of a castle, it's a feudal temple. Instead of the dark world, it's Dimension X. You get the idea. A TMNT pinball game for the 3DS e-shop similar to Pokemon Pinball from back in the day.

12. Stop peddling OT turtles. Give all of the respective turtles their time in the limelight & stop making Fred Wolf's rendition THE face of the property but rather ONE of them. Equal merch for all.

13. Somehow revive/drum up interest in the anime/manga turtles. Maybe just bring it back via a new manga or something. I think that universe is super cool & has a lot of potential. If nothing else, I'd be including variant toys or alternate outfits based on it in my above wants.

14. Open a TMNT museum with a built in pizzaria.

15. Similarly, a TMNT theme park.

16. A stopmotion/claymation feature.

17. Brush the Bayturtles under the rug. Cancel the next film.

18. Get the Imagi guys back together to make the TMNT sequel they never got to, & make it a direct to DVD feature.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:38 AM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Spoiler:
1. Do everything in my power to make people aware of, respect, & enjoy, the Mirage comics/universe.

2. Create "Tales Of The Turtleverse", a comic that would be Tales Of The TMNT except with stories taking place in every turtle series, rather than just Mirage. That would include the cartoons & movies.

3. Revive the vintage Playmates toyline. Make some new variant turtles, figures of characters who never got their own, introduce a few new goofy mutant characters, etc.

4. Statues based on the first film.

5. New Henson/Barron film, be it a reboot or a continuation. Maybe make it a sequel to the first flick, pretending the 2 that followed didn't exist. I dunno. I just want more of their vision.

6. Animated films on DVD adapting Mirage comics, & maybe IDW's, too.

7. Turn Turtles In Time into a movie or animated feature.

8. Create a weekly or monthly podcast that has news about upcoming stuff & always features at least one turtle staffer. Perhaps have it be hosted by a TMNT voice actor, in character.

9. A toyline that produces all the versions of the turtles, accurately. The Classics done right. OT turtles that look like they did in the first episode. Henson turtles that are instantly recognizable. Next Mutation & 4kids figures that also reflect their on-screen counterparts. IDW & Mirage sets where each turtle looks like a different artist's rendition. For example, a Mirage set would have a Lawson Leo, Dooney Michelangelo, Talbot Raphael, & a Berger or Farley Donatello. IDW's set would be like, Duncan Raph, Campbell Michelangelo, Kuhn Donatello, Santolouco Leo. If you do villains, have them be in the other artists' styles. It'd be the ultimate collectors series.

10. Keep the Nick show running but create a new TMNT animated series in the form of a Japan-produced anime. One that is split between two parts- Like, they're 30 minute episodes with a serious tone (bits of humor injected as always, of course) but the last 5 minutes of each features a silly short of chibi turtles with slice of life gags. Make it like Samurai Champloo meets Lucky Star, or something. Or just do two separate anime shows. If I'm running the property, I guess I have the power to make that call.

11. My ideal games. A Smash Brothers clone title. One that is good, unlike Smash-up. Have characters/outfits/stages from every universe. Another Street Fighter clone game, in the vein of Tournament Fighters. Maybe make it IDW based or Nick series based. A Legend Of Zelda styled game. Imagine Ocarina Of Time meets Turtles In Time. Instead of Hyrule Field, it's NYC. Instead of a dungeon, it could be a sewer system. Instead of a castle, it's a feudal temple. Instead of the dark world, it's Dimension X. You get the idea. A TMNT pinball game for the 3DS e-shop similar to Pokemon Pinball from back in the day.

12. Stop peddling OT turtles. Give all of the respective turtles their time in the limelight & stop making Fred Wolf's rendition THE face of the property but rather ONE of them. Equal merch for all.

13. Somehow revive/drum up interest in the anime/manga turtles. Maybe just bring it back via a new manga or something. I think that universe is super cool & has a lot of potential. If nothing else, I'd be including variant toys or alternate outfits based on it in my above wants.

14. Open a TMNT museum with a built in pizzaria.

15. Similarly, a TMNT theme park.

16. A stopmotion/claymation feature.

17. Brush the Bayturtles under the rug. Cancel the next film.

18. Get the Imagi guys back together to make the TMNT sequel they never got to, & make it a direct to DVD feature.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
Have each finale of a season be a bake-off between good and evil
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #5
Shred Head
Hench Mutant
 
Shred Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
12. Stop peddling OT turtles. Give all of the respective turtles their time in the limelight & stop making Fred Wolf's rendition THE face of the property but rather ONE of them. Equal merch for all.
While I agree with pretty much all of the list I agree with this the most.

As for myself I would like to make aware that the Turtles are more then just a kids toon to sale toys that there is a large and rich history of this franchise and its not only just for the young but the older as well. I feel more could be explored when it comes to giving something to the older fan who likes the turtles. Also instead of the Nick cartoon I would have made a more serious Ninja Turtle cartoon something like Last Airbender/Korra with 2D animation.
__________________

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:09 AM   #6
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
We need to start scheming to get Powder into a position of Powder at Viacom.

__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
Hannurdock
Foot Soldier
 
Hannurdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 236
If I had control over the franchise, I would continue the Nick stuff and let them get on with their sequel to the 2014 movie, now that it is out there.

However, I would add a more mature storyline for older fans in a new movie or television series. I would allow Amazon to have the Ninja Turtles in Kindle Worlds and encourage new interpretations of the source material.
__________________
Try to be like the turtle ... at ease in your own shell.
Hannurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #8
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
If I were in charge, I'd push the IDW version, a combination of all that has gone before it, as the one to adapt from. Have an anime series produced by Madhouse, and a live action film with a decent amount of action and usage of weapons. I'd play up the 'robin-hood' ninja hero aspect that shows up in Japanese folklore, and make the turtles champions who protect the city from the shadows. As the line from TMNT #1 states; 'we must hide from those who would be our allies'.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #9
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
My first command and order is create a mirage based series on TV.
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #10
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannurdock View Post
If I had control over the franchise, I would continue the Nick stuff and let them get on with their sequel to the 2014 movie, now that it is out there.

However, I would add a more mature storyline for older fans in a new movie or television series. I would allow Amazon to have the Ninja Turtles in Kindle Worlds and encourage new interpretations of the source material.
I like this idea. I would probably do the same.
__________________
2k3 Don: That's not a trans-dimensional portal stick. That's... a flashlight!
OT Don: It was a flashlight, but with a little rewiring and a lot more positive thinking, it'll soon be a trans-dimensional portal stick. Now hand me that hammer.
2k3 Don: This is a wrench.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #11
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 986
First thing I do is have a complete 2003 series dvd release. Hey if the OT got theres, and the new toon is keeping up with there dvds, why cant the 2003 series get the same love?

When the next cartoon series happens, I would not de age April and Jones.
I make Mickey a little bit more smarter, he is not the dummy that the Nick cartoon shows him as.

I make it a bit more dark like the comics though.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:12 AM   #12
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannurdock View Post
If I had control over the franchise, I would continue the Nick stuff and let them get on with their sequel to the 2014 movie, now that it is out there.

However, I would add a more mature storyline for older fans in a new movie or television series. I would allow Amazon to have the Ninja Turtles in Kindle Worlds and encourage new interpretations of the source material.

I SOO love this idea. I'd love to throw some of my fics into the Kindle Worlds format.

And I second most of Powder's ideas, too!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:06 AM   #13
Warboss74
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 230
I'd definitely have at least one iteration that is completely my own interpretation of what the turtles are and should be. I've grown quite fond of the idea of doing it through a cinematic universe.

Beyond that, I would find creators in different fields that are passionate about creating TMNT, and then giving them the space to create different media.
Warboss74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:59 AM   #14
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I would hire better writers to flesh out the turtles and Megan Fox's April more.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #15
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
If I had control, I'd end the stupid playmates contract, and set a meeting with Hot Toys.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #16
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Yes. Definitely. Add replacing Playmates to my list.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #17
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
If the IDW comics haven't finished by that time, make sure they continue

Like the DC Animated Films, make Mirage animated films: First issue, The River, Soul's Winter, etc

For the first time, A real TMNT Novel-Universe. Why? just because.

If the animated films does well, might also think about about a 2k3 animated film that is a prequel to Same as it Never Was

Then top it all off, the Kamen Rider Gaim version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #18
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
If I had control, I'd end the stupid playmates contract, and set a meeting with Hot Toys.
Ooh, I like Hot Toys too! (The eye rolling system looks awesome.)

I guess I'm not that big of a Playmates person either.
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #19
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Finally make a Ninjara figure.

Sweep the BayTurtles under the rug, and greenlight a film canon to the Nick series in it's lieu.

Get the rights to the TMNT characters we still don't have control over, like Aska.
__________________
Proud Digimon nut.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #20
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
I'd sell it to Disney for a quick profit.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.