The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2015, 10:23 PM   #1
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Favorite TMNT vehicles you would love to drive / pilot IRL.

You can choose any vehicle(s)from any of the cartoon series. Reasons why you would choose it / them *along with any pros & cons* are also welcomed in this thread. Playmate toy vehicles are also welcomed in here. *Thanks for reminding me Powder.*

I would love to drive one of those Starcruisers. Forget the city traffic jams and the speed limits. Finding plutonium would be a pain along finding whatever components I might need for the vehicle.

A second choice for me would be the Turtle Blimp. Manuvering around radio signal towers would be a pain, but something about dropping bombs on foes along wirh shooting a laser turret at them seems so gratifying. Flying the Glider would also be fun.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 01-14-2015 at 02:43 AM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:26 PM   #2
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
I wanted to also choose a Transport Module but having to dodge numerous underground pipe systems doesn't seem like much fun to me, and neither does hitting a gas pipe at high speed.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:35 PM   #3
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Would this not include random Playmates vehicles that never made it into the show? 'Cause I'd much rather whip around in a few of those as opposed to one of the Turtle Vans or something.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #4
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Would this not include random Playmates vehicles that never made it into the show? 'Cause I'd much rather whip around in a few of those as opposed to one of the Turtle Vans or something.
Ooo.. thanks Powder. I was gonna add that. I didn't because the site logged me off before I could add that option.

Have at it.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
I wonder how many vehicles they were from the OT and from what Playmates released altogether...
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #6
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
I've always liked the Shreddermobile. The weapons on that thing were the main reason I asked for it as an Easter present as a kid. Year before that, I got the transport module. Hey DF, you could just drill through all those pipes if they're in the way. It might be fun to use the blasters and missiles but ya might save those for the surface. I'd also like to pilot that. Killer Bee, Sludgemobile, and Footcruiser would be fun to drive. Especially the Footcruiser. I'd love to fire those eyeball missiles. Wait, I'd have to be operating the tailgunner's seat to do all that. Sounds good. Someone else needs to be in the driver's seat anyway. I just realized that I picked bad guy vehicles and nothing else. For good guy rigs, I'd pick the turtlecopter and turtletank. I'm crazy about those mutant military vehicles, especially the boxing gloves and bombs on the copter. Ya know, I'd love to see the turtle tank go up against a transport module. Personally, I don't care which side wins. I just wanna wreck things!
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:10 PM   #7
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
I didnt know that there even was a Turtletank. Then again I didn't have the vehicles as a kid, just some of the figures.

Thanks for the info blindturtle.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
The Turtle van only. Would be so awesome.

The Star Cruiser and the Turtle Blimp just sound dangerous.

And even though it's not a vehicle, I'd like to have the Technodrome's inter-dimensional portal. Would only use it on Earth, though. I'd just wake up 5 minutes before work and school and then hop on it. Would save so much time.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #9
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
Id wanna ride in the Grasskicker its a lawnmower with rockets and disc launchers on it. its a current turtles vehicle not on the show

__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:41 AM   #10
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
And even though it's not a vehicle, I'd like to have the Technodrome's inter-dimensional portal. Would only use it on Earth, though. I'd just wake up 5 minutes before work and school and then hop on it. Would save so much time.
The pandimensional portal would be really awesome. Just make sure your coordinates are correct, or else you may not know where you'll wind up.

@ Benz - The mower vehicle is a hoot. I like it.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #11
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
I'd like the old school Turtle van. The portal would be nice, too. Would be great not to have to walk everywhere. Just plug in the coordinates, and BAM! I'm there. Definitely not the blimp. That thing just looks scary to pilot. I wouldn't mind the Battle-shell, though.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #12
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
For whatever reason I am drawing a blank on the majority of funky Playmates vehicles but two favorites of mine as a kid come to mind- The Seltzer Cannon & The Sewer Dragster. So I guess if only for nostalgic reasons, I'd love to whip those. & the green tank thing with big ass orange claws on it. Heh.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #13
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
the modules for sure; Party Wagon; and hell i'd love a shot at the controls of the Technodrome itself! i mean c'mon now lol
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #14
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Yeah, it's no contest:



"Cool? Daddio, we are frozen!"

The original Turtle Van/Party Wagon is the runner-up, just because it's so damned iconic. But I really don't like driving anything bigger than a standard-size car, so I probably wouldn't enjoy it much.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #15
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
@ Powder- Only Playmates toy that comes to mind is the Pizza Thrower.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:07 AM   #16
monsterocket
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
What was that boat vehicle they had in the old cartoons? I think it was a boat or some kind of tube thing... It would be fun to ride anything fast through the sewer tunnels (minus the chances of sewer splashing).
monsterocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:07 AM   #17
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterocket View Post
What was that boat vehicle they had in the old cartoons? I think it was a boat or some kind of tube thing... It would be fun to ride anything fast through the sewer tunnels (minus the chances of sewer splashing).
You're might be talking about the Turtle Tube. That's what I heard in the OT cartoon. There was a Playmates toy called the Muta-Raft.

I can't pull up any images from my phone because the Google site is currently being a dork.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:11 AM   #18
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Neutrino's flying car.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:13 AM   #19
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Krang's Giant Knucklehead. When on road traffic won't budge, I can just smash up the cars in my way and go on my way. Yet another choice vehicle.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:43 AM   #20
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,035
I hate the vehicles because they're forced into the the shows to sell toys, regardless of how little sense it makes for beings who needs to hide from society to drive around brightly colored battle vehicles, often designed to look like turtles and/or having "Turtles" written on the sides.

That said, Fishface's bike looks pretty sweet, as does Bishop's train.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.