The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Next Mutation Storybooks

Most folks don't know this but TNM spawned a couple of storybooks. I was not made aware of these until a few years ago when I came upon these few images.

Two with Michael Dooney cover art-




& two with AC Farley cover art-





There may be more, but these are all I am aware of at present.

Do any of you own these, & if so, could you scan their contents or photograph them & share in hi-res? I'd LOVE to see 'em.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Oh wow! Those are really cool!!! I'm especially loving the Michael Dooney art. Really makes you think of what could have been/could still be if TNM were in the right hands.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Just goes to prove, there are no poor concepts--just poor writers.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Now see, it looks pretty damn good as a book. Should have been books (and a whole bunch more of them) all along. Wouldn't mind seeing reprints happen.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #5
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
wow

those look amazing. would love to see them. Could always use more TNM
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I love learning of obscure little stuff like this!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #7
newbracula
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
I only know this.
http://handtoeye.deviantart.com/gall...ath=%2F&q=tmnt
http://www.nextmutation.com/
newbracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:22 PM   #8
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Holy crap those look amazing!!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #9
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
The dooney covers look pretty cool.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:33 PM   #10
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
I adore the serious Farley style
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.