The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #1
Donatello
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ny
Posts: 565
Toonseum exhibit, should I go?

Hey, i live in NY, about 6 hrs from the toonseum in pittsburgh with the TMNT exhibit until April 26.... I wanted to ask if anybody has been there? Is it worth a 6hr drive? Whats there?
__________________
"There's no way to describe what I do. It's just me." -Andy Kaufman (my biggest inspiration, the TMNT being a close second)
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
lilmotto
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
Hey, i live in NY, about 6 hrs from the toonseum in pittsburgh with the TMNT exhibit until April 26.... I wanted to ask if anybody has been there? Is it worth a 6hr drive? Whats there?
Nope. I went and wasn't very impressed. It is a rather small room with a few movie props and roughly 30 or so Comic pages/artwork pages. In all honesty you see cooler things over in the I Got a New Piece of Artwork thread and I think many of the collectors here have more impressive collections than what was shown at the event. It was slightly random sparatic pieces that did not make sense.

If you look on their facebook page and see that photos people took it is that one case with a few props and figures. Then the artwork on the walls. Not a lot to see. Planet Hollywood has cooler TMNT props.
__________________
I list items on ebay frequently:
http://shop.ebay.com/lilmotto/m.html...1&_from=&_ipg=

Last edited by lilmotto; 03-24-2015 at 09:50 AM.
lilmotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:51 AM   #3
Nameless
Mad Scientist
 
Nameless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,042
damn thats too bad its so small... i got excited knowing there was a TMNT exhibit somewhere... o well have to keep building my own
__________________
"Close. But close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.... Knew i should have brought those grenades."

My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
Donatello
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ny
Posts: 565
Thank you! You just saved me 13 hrs in a car!
__________________
"There's no way to describe what I do. It's just me." -Andy Kaufman (my biggest inspiration, the TMNT being a close second)
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.