The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #1
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
IDW and Image reprint/ conclusion news

Take this for what it's worth:

I just met Frank Fosco at a local con here in IL. I had him sign my turtle artists jam piece and while he was signing I asked him if he will be doing anything with IDW in the future that's turtle related.

He said yes in fact I'm currently working on all of the trade covers that will collect the volume 3 issues (about 4-5 covers). He even showed me the first cover and it's pretty neat. I asked if the trades will include the Savage Dragon issues because of rights and what not. He said yes that there a few things they are working on to get those printed as well, like not putting the Dragon on the cover.

He also said he is currently working on an official three issue conclusion to the volume as well! I asked if those will be released as single issues or just be included in the trades. He said there is talk of both (single issues at first and then those issues being collected in the final trade).

So there you have it, from his mouth to my ears to your eyeballs.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:33 AM   #2
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
Good news about the trades, but I really feel like the conclusion is unnecessary. I love the Modeen two parter.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Fantastic news, thanks for sharing.

IDW, please put the conclusion in single issue format!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #4
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
Simply amazing!
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #5
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Fantastic news, thanks for sharing.

IDW, please put the conclusion in single issue format!
You are welcome!
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Good news about the trades, but I really feel like the conclusion is unnecessary. I love the Modeen two parter.
If they take the basic gist of the Modeen 2-parter and expand it out a little more with room to breathe, all the better.

Still. I'm skeptical of this "and a new conclusion, too." I suppose we'll see.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #7
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
If they take the basic gist of the Modeen 2-parter and expand it out a little more with room to breathe, all the better.

Still. I'm skeptical of this "and a new conclusion, too." I suppose we'll see.
Not sure why he would lie but I'm a I'll believe it when I see it kinda person myself.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:05 PM   #8
NuparuMahnika
Random Punk
 
NuparuMahnika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 20
This is absolutely great news!
NuparuMahnika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
Not sure why he would lie but I'm a I'll believe it when I see it kinda person myself.
Business decisions change. We've heard "we're absolutely reprinting Image TMNT" then "we're not reprinting Image TMNT" then "we may someday reprint Image TMNT" and now "we're reprinting and FINISHING Image TMNT."

I stopped holding my breath a long time ago. If it happens, it happens (and I'll be damned excited). But until then...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #10
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Business decisions change. We've heard "we're absolutely reprinting Image TMNT" then "we're not reprinting Image TMNT" then "we may someday reprint Image TMNT" and now "we're reprinting and FINISHING Image TMNT."

I stopped holding my breath a long time ago. If it happens, it happens (and I'll be damned excited). But until then...
I'd feel a little more doubtful if they moved onto another volume or they stopped releasing trades for older material all together. They have been slowly churning out the material and it seems about that time for vol 3. I guess we need to keep our green fingers crossed.

Last edited by The Fifth Turtle; 06-25-2016 at 12:26 PM.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
I'm just happy this confirmed IDW is making trades of this series.

At only 23 issues long they can breeze through it too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #12
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
That was probably supposed to be a secret. If so, it's one I'm glad to be in on! Curious to see if the finisher will be more or less an adaption of the material Andrew & co. did or something different. I'd hope the former, it really tied things up perfectly, & was in part the child of Carlson's mind, after all. If they did something to further establish it as a standalone universe rather than keep it relatively ambiguous or even directly tied into Mirage, that will bum me the hell out...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:49 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
The thing is Andrew's Lady Shredder was the one from the unfinished Tales of the TMNT issue, she was Tang Shen's sister as I recall.

In Image Lady Shredder was intended to be Karai, but that wouldn't fit with her truce with the Turtles at the end of Mirage.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #14
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Shoulda saved my money and waited just a little longer then, eh?

Although these will undoubtedly be colorized instead of B&W...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Shoulda saved my money and waited just a little longer then, eh?

Although these will undoubtedly be colorized instead of B&W...
I'm interested to see what Image looks like in color.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #16
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In Image Lady Shredder was intended to be Karai, but that wouldn't fit with her truce with the Turtles at the end of Mirage.
If I recall correctly, when Andrew started working on the finishers, he said that Gary was unsure as to what his intentions were with respect to Lady Shredder, but that she was not intended to be Karai. I think he later said it might have been, but I chalk it up to memories lost to time. Prolly wasn't gonna be Karai after all.

Anyway, Frank was coloring pages on his own a few years ago.



No clue as to whether or not he'd be doing these, but I know he wanted to at one point. I'd rather have them remain black & white, these issues were drawn specifically to be that way, with lots of spotting & heavy contrast. Much of it would look awkward in color, I think. The new material that our very own Sabacooza colored looked awesome, but Frank drew it knowing it'd be fully rendered, so it works. I'd like to see Courtland do it, if anyone. He compliments the style well. I'd really, really hate to see the same team who colored Mirage reprints do these, those were quite poor & riddled with inexcusable errors.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #17
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
If I recall correctly, when Andrew started working on the finishers, he said that Gary was unsure as to what his intentions were with respect to Lady Shredder, but that she was not intended to be Karai. I think he later said it might have been, but I chalk it up to memories lost to time. Prolly wasn't gonna be Karai after all.

Anyway, Frank was coloring pages on his own a few years ago.

http://i.imgur.com/2qBvDiI.jpg

No clue as to whether or not he'd be doing these, but I know he wanted to at one point. I'd rather have them remain black & white, these issues were drawn specifically to be that way, with lots of spotting & heavy contrast. Much of it would look awkward in color, I think. The new material that our very own Sabacooza colored looked awesome, but Frank drew it knowing it'd be fully rendered, so it works. I'd like to see Courtland do it, if anyone. He compliments the style well. I'd really, really hate to see the same team who colored Mirage reprints do these, those were quite poor & riddled with inexcusable errors.
I did color a test cover that Frank submitted. I've not heard anything about getting the gig for at least coloring the covers the last time I talked with him but maybe it's a bit premature.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 06-28-2016 at 08:30 AM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:26 PM   #18
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Disappointing for us fans, too, really. You outshine them all.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:35 PM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I still wish IDW would leave reprints as black and white. B&W just seems to suit Mirage TMNT so much better than color. I think my least favorite volume of Mirage is Volume 2 for that reason. So much color...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #20
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Disappointing for us fans, too, really. You outshine them all.
Thanks. I appreciate it. I suppose I could ask about it.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.