The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
kwalsh007
Foot Soldier
 
kwalsh007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 219
Looking for an image. Any help is appreciated

Hi, I'm looking for a good image of the three headed golden dragon poster the turtles had on their wall next to the stop sign of the original 80's toon. If anyone has a clear shot of it could you please share it here. I've skimmed through dozens of YouTube videos and only get poor quality glimpses of it from far away. It's also not in the visual guide either. Thanks in advance for any help!! ~ Kevin
kwalsh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:09 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Been giving the series another watch and think I saw it the other day. This below? Looked through the recent videos in my YouTube history. Nearest unobstructed shot I think I've seen so far was this shot at 21:02

https://youtu.be/PhbycrA7g3o





It may not count, though this ep - https://youtu.be/WzesG1qoaTU - has a smaller view and the right side edge cut off, but the detail is clearer at 11:36.



Closer and better detail but also cut off (more so) on at 12:21

If I see any really good shots I'll make note of it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #3
kwalsh007
Foot Soldier
 
kwalsh007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Been giving the series another watch and think I saw it the other day. This below? Looked through the recent videos in my YouTube history. Nearest unobstructed shot I think I've seen so far was this shot at 21:02

https://youtu.be/PhbycrA7g3o

http://i.imgur.com/5c6hYzj.jpg



It may not count, though this ep - https://youtu.be/WzesG1qoaTU - has a smaller view and the right side edge cut off, but the detail is clearer at 11:36.

http://i.imgur.com/SDlkKMq.jpg

Closer and better detail but also cut off (more so) on at 12:21

If I see any really good shots I'll make note of it.
Thank you sir! Appreciate it.
kwalsh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #4
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
I have a bunch of screenshots Ive made of various rooms/angles in the lair. I can look through them for a good shot of it. I compiled a huge file of such shots for reference for my homemade turtle lair. Plenty of shots of room decor from various angles there.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Not the same image in question, but curious about this... While it's usually that three-headed dragon, I noticed that "The Grybyx" episode has a different poster in the background. (Some green, bird beaked dragon-ish thing?) Then right back to the usual dragon in the next episodes.

Now I'm not going to be able to help keep from watching for it to change again. lol (Already curious about the name/word changes under the three-headed one, or so it looks.)

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #6
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
That poster is often inconsistent. Certainly a wide variety from which to choose in the event of recreating their lair in fan-art of some form.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:57 AM   #7
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That poster is often inconsistent. Certainly a wide variety from which to choose in the event of recreating their lair in fan-art of some form.
Was the STOP sign was consistent all the way through?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #8
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Virtually nothing was consistent, not even their bandana colors.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:44 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
The original cartoon was a product of its time. It's actually fun to watch for that reason alone, they just don't make cartoons like this anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Virtually nothing was consistent, not even their bandana colors.
Hey, they're poor people, sometimes siblings have to share clothes - or what consists of clothing for them - even if it means for some reason switching at the oddest times. lol Or for that matter more than one putting on the same color. (Think my fave is the van full of Leos. I mean, come on now... that's just lazy coloring. Unless people did this on purpose for laughs.)

Although being poor can't explain their massive waste of disguises which they frequently tear off and leave behind, presumably having to replace them constantly. Hmm...


Anyway, I did see that green dragon thing once more so far. I hope there is a whole bunch I never noticed before and happen to spot. So far the stop sign has been consistent though.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:23 AM   #11
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Virtually nothing was consistent, not even their bandana colors.
I only ask because I remember seeing the STOP sign a lot during the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Although being poor can't explain their massive waste of disguises which they frequently tear off and leave behind, presumably having to replace them constantly. Hmm...
Leonardo sees Bebop and Rocksteady running away with a diamond.

Leo: Hey guys, what are Bebop and Rocksteady doing? Let's get them Turtles!

Each Turtle removes their disguise and carefully folds it, putting each into a suitcase they've brought with them. The Turtles run after Shredder's henchmen with suitcases in hand. The henchmen meanwhile are long gone.

pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.