The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Favourite Leatherhead origin
1987-1996 animated TV-series 4 21.05%
Archie 8 42.11%
IDW 6 31.58%
2012 animated TV-series 1 5.26%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Favourite Mondo Gecko origin

What's your favourite Mondo Gecko origin?

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-06-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Certainly not the Fred Wolf cartoon one!

I think Archie probably handled it best.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Poll is here now!
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #4
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,035
Mondo? Don't really care but if I have to go with one, the IDW one. Hob commissioned Lindsey to make him in order to expand his mutant forces, doesn't need to be much more complicated than that for a character like Mondo Gecko. No need for "Mr X" walking around in the sewers for no reason or a kid with a pet gecko getting covered in ooze during a contrived scenario, there's even less of a need to actually combine them.

I feel the same about this as I do Bebop and Rocksteady's origin, just take some animals and dip them in ooze, does really have to be that hard when it comes to these sorts of characters?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #5
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
I only know the origins for the OT, Archie, and the Nick series. Between these three, I prefer the Archie story, albeit simple. I hate the OT one with a passion. It's way too convoluted.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #6
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
I actually liked his OT origin. It was an interesting addition to the turtles' backstory that they themselves had forgotten/didn't know about. It also gave him a sort of Oliver-esque history which I liked.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:48 PM   #7
dragonside
Hench Mutant
 
dragonside's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 476
The fred wolf one was simple and kinda cool. Having Mondo being an extra bro was cool yo.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #8
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
The fred wolf one was simple and kinda cool. Having Mondo being an extra bro was cool yo.
Yeah you're right.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:51 AM   #9
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Both original Mondo Gecko versions are OK.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.