The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2017, 08:29 AM   #1
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
fun places to find tmnt t-shirts?

hello all

I am taking my girlfriend to an escape room later in july. We have 10 of us going and I wanted us all to wear a tmnt themed shirt.

Any ideas where to find cool unique ones? I go to walmart because some are 5-9 like i saw a cool girls t (in pizza we crust)

i found a nice casey jones one from the cartoons via ebay for $8

trying not to spend $20 plus per shirt

anyone know of any neutrinos, rat king, leathead, foot soldiers, krang bubble walker tees?

dont want us all having the turtles id like to stand out and be more creative.

thanks for all your input and ill post a photo after the escape room so u can all see the shirts!
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,019
Have you checked online?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Have you checked online?
yes I have checked out a few, but some cost 20pluswas wondering if the drome had any fun spots
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Used to find cheap ones in some stores like 'Five Below,' but last I looked my nearest one didn't look like they were carrying TMNT shirts at the moment. If you have that store, you might check it out though.

I don't tend to see too many side character shirts in person however. RedBubble.com might be a better online choice, but good luck with the prices.


If you aren't opposed to some people wearing the Turtles themselves, if you have a female Mikey fan in the group, I've seen this shirt in the Juniors dept. at work. And it's a more unique print than the usual stuff we tend to see over and over in stores.

http://www.sears.com/nickelodeon-tee...1&blockType=G1

Spoiler:



I don't work in that dept so no idea if the sale price is same in-store, it may very well be online only, BUT online it's on sale for just 9.99 at the moment, and even better if free pickup is an option.


edit:
Also a FW Raph (or any if viewed as the classic mask color) one from the young men's dept, same price: http://www.sears.com/nickelodeon-tee...&blockType=G8#

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-13-2017 at 11:32 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Can't promise you'll find TMNT ones, but check stores like Walmart, Kmart, Kohls, and Sears. That's where I get most of my graphic tees from.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #6
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Other than Wal-mart, you're not gonna find TMNT shirts under $20. That's just how it is, man.

Assuming you can put that aside, 80stees.com has a nice selection. For more variety via unlicensed designs you can check out Redbubble.com.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Well, IF there is a local Five Below and IF they still have any for TMNT, the couple shirts I have that came from there, as the name of the place suggests, were only $5. That's the cheapest one I've known of.

Though as said before, I didn't see any at mine last I looked recently. (But not necessarily the case for all.) Far as places go around here, I think the quantity of TMNT stuff is winding down a bit for the moment.


Cheapest option... If you have a printer and an iron, then get the printable iron-on paper from a craft store and some cheap plain t-shirts and make your own from images found online.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-13-2017 at 02:11 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:16 PM   #8
The Deadman
Foot Elite
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,170
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ds=tmnt+shirts
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #9
DisKosh
Foot Soldier
 
DisKosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 245
I get all mine from Red Bubble.

It's an online shop and you can find some pretty unique tops. The main downside is the cost, I live in the UK and it costs about £17 per racerback tank top including shipping which is more than I like to pay but it's not too bad I guess and the fibers are ethically sourced so I guess it's okay. Another advantage with racerback tanks is you can wear them all year round slipping a cheap long sleeved plain top under them in winter.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
We did good team thanks


jc penny clearance $10 shredder shirt plus a bonus code found so only $6
walmart $6.50 bebop/rocksteady
ebay- $8 casey jones print
ebay tank shirt mikey is a party dude $15 but best offer free ship $10
walmart $10.50 splinters dojo
walmart $11 girls medium "in pizza we crust tmnt"


my other 4 friends have a great variety of shirts

incase anyone wants a cool shredder shirt highly recommend jcpenny

just beware you gotta pay shipping

just didnt get foot soldiers or rat king but i can get um on my old hot topic green shirt where it has like 40 characters
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:16 PM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I'd agree on RedBubble, even though I haven't gotten anything yet, but I've had my eye on this
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #12
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
If you're skinny you can always shop at the kids section and by the extra large shirts, I did that once and now I have this awesome mirage looking turtles that I bought from Walmart a few years ago for under 20 dollars. I think it was Roseangelo who gave me that tip, I also did it recently with a Jurassic World and Vader shirt. They basically fit like small shirts for the most part tho sometimes, the Vader shirt has really short sleeves for me.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:12 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
I've got a few kids ones as well. The boys XL is perfect for me. Plus they get some nice prints that we don't, but work just as well for an adult, so why not!

Though I do have a couple girls XL/16 that I'm able to wear. A little snug, but no more than some adult womens shirts I have that are supposed to be.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #14
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Or you could get own design and send to a shop for print. Fuss free even.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #15
Markwyatt
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: England
Posts: 10
Look on Ebay.
Markwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:45 PM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Or you could get own design and send to a shop for print. Fuss free even.
Eh, maybe. If in the U.S., a lot of places though probably wouldn't touch it for copyright reasons. They might not personally care, but they're still likely to understandably say no to protect their own butts.

I think the RedBubble.com site can get away with it and doesn't care because they're outside the U.S., while most other similar online sites in the U.S. won't touch it and will remove image uploads.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:00 PM   #17
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Mikey22 is my favorite member here. Just setting that straight.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.