The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2020, 10:27 PM   #1
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist
 
AlZarkovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 1,079
May 2020 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #106

Spoiler:


The mutagen bomb’s fallout continues to affect NYC in increasingly disturbing ways. As the government struggles to come to grips with a growing humanitarian crisis, mutants start to go missing. The TMNT trace the clues to the waterfront and find something terrifying that is now living in the depths!

Sophie Campbell (w & c) • Nelson Daniel (a & c) • Kevin Eastman (c)


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Urban Legends #25

Spoiler:


Gary Carlson and Frank Fosco’s epic run on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles gets a proper ending after twenty-one years!

The truth behind Lady Shredder is revealed! What does this mean for the Turtles? What does it mean for Karai?! Maybe Donatello has some answers in this penultimate issue of TMNT: Urban Legends!

Gary Carlson (w) • Frank Fosco (a & c) • Andy Kuhn (c) • Kevin Eastman (c)
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:48 AM   #2
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,868
I think Worms gonna make an appearance.
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:19 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
The coloring isn't the same as Wyrm who is blue and already appeared in IDW before so it's probably not him. Probably something new.

I'm noticing the new arc is a real slow burn so far, I wonder how people feel about it. It's a nice change of pace from the constant "epic battles" the TMNT are usually in, but at the same time I'm eager to see where the next big story goes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:02 AM   #4
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I enjoy the pace way more. I don't consider it "filler" whatsoever to actually get to breath through some of these moments.

I'm actually reading the book consistently for the first time since CityFall, so its def an improvement for me. There was a lot to like about issues #1-100, but I struggled to stay captivated within each issue. Not the case here, so far.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:02 AM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Here is the concept art from Wyrm's only appearance in IDW cannon so far. It was blue, the color of the Nick single appearance and action figure. Yet the concept was similar to the two appearances in Archie's TMNTA. Slash's original cameo gave a different design that what he would in further appearances. There is also the fact covers don't always reflect the story in the interior of the comic. Wyrm is also made up of various worms so it is possible it could change color. So it being comics, I am wait and see if it is Wyrm being alluded to. It could be something enteritly different.
https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/...rm_idw_art.png

Mousers found further usage? The 2003 cartoon had found minor role here and there adding Stockman and then upgraded versions. I am curious what the mousers are doing even if just a detail of the script.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:24 AM   #6
martinitolove
Hench Mutant
 
martinitolove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 259
I suppose that Leatherhead, hating mutants and possesed by Krang, is behind the disappearances...
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:12 AM   #7
80gmrp
Foot Soldier
 
80gmrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
I suppose that Leatherhead, hating mutants and possesed by Krang, is behind the disappearances...
Unlikely if LH is in his usual mindset: he seemed a tad more interested in PROTECTING unmutated animals. And it seems clear he isn’t in his usual mindset at this time, his history of hatred for Krang in mind.

And even if it is Krang, it wouldn’t explain the looks of what’s in the water of the cover art at all: looks more like a fish than a reptile to me.
__________________
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #8
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist
 
rayfillet101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,454
Is Sophie not drawing this one? Sophie, come back, I miss you already!
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:48 PM   #9
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Methinks we're about to get a mutant moray eel. The coloring and dorsal fin match. A first in the franchise, if I'm not mistaken.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #10
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Methinks we're about to get a mutant moray eel. The coloring and dorsal fin match. A first in the franchise, if I'm not mistaken.
maybe idw secretly bought the street sharks and their about to introduce repteel
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:36 PM   #11
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Sophie Campbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101 View Post
Is Sophie not drawing this one? Sophie, come back, I miss you already!
I'm not drawing this one, no! I'm still involved in the writing but the shipping schedule was changed in a way that it's impossible for me to draw the series over the summer (I don't know if I'm allowed to say yet but you'll see what I mean soon), so I had to relinquish art duties and bring in other artists to help. I'll be back drawing the series again soon enough, though!!

As much as I'd love to draw every issue I think this will work out well, it'll give me a bit of a breather so I can focus on story proposals and planning out the upcoming storylines before I jump back into drawing again.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:19 AM   #12
Igglet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Oh yeah, summer tends to be a crazy time for IDW TMNT. I wonder what you guys have in store for us this time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:50 PM   #13
Wentos
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
I'm not drawing this one, no! I'm still involved in the writing but the shipping schedule was changed in a way that it's impossible for me to draw the series over the summer (I don't know if I'm allowed to say yet but you'll see what I mean soon), so I had to relinquish art duties and bring in other artists to help. I'll be back drawing the series again soon enough, though!!

As much as I'd love to draw every issue I think this will work out well, it'll give me a bit of a breather so I can focus on story proposals and planning out the upcoming storylines before I jump back into drawing again.
All is forgiven as long as you stay on as writer

Seriously though, even if the shipping schedule wasn't an issue, most comic artists can't keep up a monthly schedule indefinitely. Fill-ins are just a part of the business.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick, you have to do two things:

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:49 PM   #14
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist
 
rayfillet101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
I'm not drawing this one, no! I'm still involved in the writing but the shipping schedule was changed in a way that it's impossible for me to draw the series over the summer (I don't know if I'm allowed to say yet but you'll see what I mean soon), so I had to relinquish art duties and bring in other artists to help. I'll be back drawing the series again soon enough, though!!

As much as I'd love to draw every issue I think this will work out well, it'll give me a bit of a breather so I can focus on story proposals and planning out the upcoming storylines before I jump back into drawing again.
Thanks, Sophie. Smells like a weekly is coming to me. Loving the direction and cant wait to see what you have up your shell!
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.