The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2021, 11:26 PM   #1
scanline
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 3
Lightbulb Turtle Power Documentary in HD?

Hello,

I just recently joined this forum as it seems to be one of the best TMNT resources on the internet.

I was wondering if the Turtle Power documentary on Amazon Digital / iTunes is really in HD or just an upscale.

I'd like to buy the actual DVD if there's not a real HD source available.

Please let me know if you have any information or suggestions.

Thank You.
scanline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 12:25 AM   #2
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
It's HD it just wasn't released in HD blu-ray. I have a digital copy and it feels HD to me, not like a DVD upscale.

Sadly skipping a HD release in physical format is not rare for smaller productions, might be for cost reasons.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:34 AM   #3
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist
 
slashpieturtlemix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanline View Post
Hello,

I just recently joined this forum as it seems to be one of the best TMNT resources on the internet.

I was wondering if the Turtle Power documentary on Amazon Digital / iTunes is really in HD or just an upscale.

I'd like to buy the actual DVD if there's not a real HD source available.

Please let me know if you have any information or suggestions.

Thank You.
This dvd is worth every penny in my book
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:53 AM   #4
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanline View Post
Hello,

I just recently joined this forum as it seems to be one of the best TMNT resources on the internet.

I was wondering if the Turtle Power documentary on Amazon Digital / iTunes is really in HD or just an upscale.

I'd like to buy the actual DVD if there's not a real HD source available.

Please let me know if you have any information or suggestions.

Thank You.
Vudu has the HD version, You can get it here.
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Turtles/554558
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #5
scanline
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 3
Thanks for the confirmation that the digital copies are truly in HD.

I guess I will grab it on iTunes even though I almost never purchase things digitally. The DVD doesn't seem to have any extras anyway.

I read that there might be a sequel so that would be cool if they offer a Blu-ray copy of both if it ever gets released.
scanline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:18 PM   #6
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Apparently there are Big Things afoot for the sequel.

Not sure if there will be a disc release, but regardless, I'm pretty excited about it.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:01 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,420
Of course it was shot in HD. Nobody has been shooting anything professionally in any resolution below at least 720p (the low end of blu-ray) the past 20 years. Generally 1080p, or 4K shaved down to 1080p.

It's undoubtedly only physically available in DVD quality (480p) for the same reason that the 2012 series only is available as such -- because that was all that Nick bothered to put it out on. Physically.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:04 PM   #8
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,425
(Too lazy to look) Was it released on Blu-ray in any foreign markets?

The Ghostbusters Cleanin' Up the Town doc was released on BR the UK, however only available on streaming in the US. A lot of fans purchased the UK disc and have no problems with region encoding.

I would love to have a nice HD physical copy of the TMNT doc, myself.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.