The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Liked these comics, yes or no?
Yes 15 44.12%
No 10 29.41%
No comment, never read 'em 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2004, 01:50 AM   #1
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Liked Image, yes or no?

As I've never read these comics I can't comment on them, but I understand that Leonardo lost his hand to an enemy, Donatello was killed and his body made into a cyborg and Raphael took Oruko Saki's place as The Shredder. May I ask what you thought of them?
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 02:04 AM   #2
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
well

Because no one else will vote yes I did why you may ask?
because I like the idea of change even if it was for a short time and didn't really affect anything I thought the story line was really interesting and just like the mirage book it made me want to rush out and pick up the next issue every time it came out unlike (sorry to say) the dream wave book (who I buy every month but don't really enjoy it as much as other TMNT books I realy feal the stories are lacking).
Leo losing his hand I think they did it well with him having nightmares of it etc., Cyborg Don I liked him for some reason although it wasn't don to me it was just some other character but I guess that's how they wanted you to feal because it wasn't fully donatello anymore it was part cyborg, Raph the big old scar on his face made him even more of a bad ass in my honest opinion that picture and the one of don being blasted from the first page of issue 1 are imbedded in my mind forever I really did enjoy the raph shredder outfit deal and him leading the foot and how Leo got so mad at him I could sense how jealous Leo was of raph for being a leader (I call that good writing). Splinter as the bat that was a bit to far for me but like I said I was willing to except the change. why because I knew they would change him back or he would die. I look to the TMNT as a big part of myself or my soul or what have you but as we change I think its good for comic book and story characters to change as well sure some time it may be for the worse but others will be beautiful I just wish more TMNT fans were more open minded to things in the TMNT UNIVERSE (Be it Next Mutation, image comics, mirage, Archie, or the old goofy toon) and stop holding grudges to things far in the past and let those of us who enjoy everything TMNT enjoy just that the history of an amazing story and an amazing cast of characters.
-Vaughn Michael
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 02:28 AM   #3
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Well said, by the way, do you have any Shredder Raph pictures?
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 02:56 AM   #4
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Well said, by the way, do you have any Shredder Raph pictures?
Yes, I do I have all the image issues even a couple xtra anything inperticular you had in mind? You know I really wish they would have made a toy of raph as shredder I'd have loved it forever who knows they might some day toss arond the idea again.
-Vaughn Michael
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:00 AM   #5
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Judging by the few issues I have read, no I don't like it. Mainly because the mutilations and the fact pretty much everyone acts out of character.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 06:20 AM   #6
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
I thought they had some neat ideas, but they were executed poorly. Perhaps under a better writer/editor, it could have been alot better.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 11:45 AM   #7
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
I thought some of the ideas were cool, but it was handled all wrong. I also liked the art for the most part.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 02:37 PM   #8
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
I like the idea of Raph getting scarred and going off on his own to lead the Foot and by becoming the new Shredder. The scar makes him more of a badass and him leading the Foot plays up on his loner complex, his desire for action, and his desire to lead. Although, I don't like how they scarred him. In fact, I like the idea of him being the Shredder better than him being a Vampire (as he is now). But, that could change with how they handle it in coming issues.

All of the other changes in the Image series were pretty terrible. As a whole, I really didn't like it at all.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 06:58 PM   #9
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I have only read a few of these comics....and I did not like them at all. All of the characters did not have the right personalities and i did not like what image did to the characters.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 04:32 AM   #10
FALLEN ELDOR
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 298
I liked Komodo, Pimiko, and lady shredder. There was a good story underneath it all. I think the could easily adapt parts of it into th new toon following city at war in season 3. Pimiko could believe she is Shredders' and Karai's child? Besides, how can you not like Komodo King?
__________________
The first movie was a perfect balance between the adult comics and the children's cartoon!
FALLEN ELDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 04:37 AM   #11
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
I like the idea of Raph becoming the new Shredder, it's kinda like how Anakin Skywalker becomes the new dark lord of the sith.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:41 AM   #12
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
I like the idea of Raph becoming the new Shredder, it's kinda like how Anakin Skywalker becomes the new dark lord of the sith.
He wasn't evil, he was just the new Shredder.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #13
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
I'm weird. I did not like the choppy story line, and the lack of logic in the Image series. If the violent injuries did not irritate me, the loopholes did!

But, on the other hand, I did like the Cyborg Don character. His predictament seemed to have been worked out much better than the others, and well, I also have a mecha/cyborg fetish. I scrapped what was the Image comics from my mind, and wrote my own story around his existence.

Yes... my evil plan is to make fans LOVE the shiney metal Donny bot!
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 12:41 PM   #14
xZAOx
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: TN
Posts: 842
i really enjoyed it. it took the turtles to a new direction, and i felt, that if anything, it further empahsized the turtle's characters and demeanors. i found most of the plot lines really interesting, and couldnt wait to read the next issue (and i didnt have to, b/c i bought them all online mwhaha)

i made a thread months ago talking about the image series. its around here somewhere hehe, but i dont feel like typing it all out again =P
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:36 AM   #15
Lisardo
Stone Warrior
 
Lisardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 702
I didn't read much of them really. But I didn't want to cuz I just didn't think they were that good. Plus the one I actually own has practically nothing but bare arse, Pimiko's! Not a good cover for me! HT and others told me about the dismemberments, and when I heard about that, I also got turned off. Think that's a tad bit tramatic.
__________________
"Look I'm not gonna stop doing what's right just because it's not appreciated." -Leo

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:54 PM   #16
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
i liked it, it was ok, but nothing great. the first few issue were the best of volume 3, then it started going down hill.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 03:08 PM   #17
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior
 
Demonfox38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 531
It was way too weird for me. The whole plotline seemed to revolve around how the creator could make the turtles even more messed up than they already are.

I gotta say, that bat-rat mutation bit with Splinter just sucked. (For him, anyway)
Demonfox38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:42 PM   #18
impetus
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 978
Cyborg Don kicked so much @$$

Raph in a strip bar did not.
__________________
impetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:42 AM   #19
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
hmmm

Yup, I liked 'em.

If for no other reason that they kept the TMNT in comics at the time.

In all honesty, there were a lot of cool ideas that Larsen and Lawson explored --- such as Don becoming a cyborg and Raph assuming the mantle of the new Shredder. I would admit, however, that Leo losing his left hand and Splinter mutating into a bat-creature was a bit over the top. I also feel there was too much "overlap" with Larsen's other characters, like the Savage Dragon and company. Having Mike get into a relationship with a SD character was a wrong decision, in my opinion.

That being said, I'd say it was an enjoyable read and they were all pretty much in-character and unique (which is not something I could say for the new Mirage series), but ultimately, it was destined to fail.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #20
spikealike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 186
I really should read my comics soon! The only TMNT in my collection I've read are the DW ones (which I love) but the majority is the Image volume. I want to read them but at the same time I don't as I don't have the full set.
spikealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.