The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2004, 08:53 AM   #1
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
20 years of teenagers, mutants, ninjas, and... um... turtles

I can't believe I haven't seen any posts on it, but...
this year marks 2 freakin' decades of TMNT!
Come on, people, parrrrrrrrty!
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 08:56 AM   #2
Bowser_Koopa
Very yes
 
Bowser_Koopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not so far, go back a little
Posts: 1,849
i can't believe it either, i just can't ....maybe because i was born after they tarted...
Bowser_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:45 AM   #3
The Defibrillator
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dee Eff Dubble You
Posts: 1,631
Sorry to burst your bubble but the TMNT were created in 1983, I believe in July. So the 20th anniversary already passed, and there were topics about it too. i'll find one in a minute.

EDIT: Actually the first comic was published in May of 1984, but E&L thought up the TMNT on November 19, 1983

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums...th+anniversary
__________________
My newest signature.
The Defibrillator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
Yeah, but since they were made officially in 1984, wouldn't it make it their anniversary this year?
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:21 AM   #5
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
man I didntr realize theve been around this long
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:32 AM   #6
Bowser_Koopa
Very yes
 
Bowser_Koopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not so far, go back a little
Posts: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by major pain
man I didntr realize theve been around this long
would you realize if you went blind??
Bowser_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:43 AM   #7
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
How weird...the TMNT are as old as I am.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:38 PM   #8
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:31 PM   #9
MW8979
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 431
20 years is good for sure, but I'll be very surprised if they last, say, 40 years. I want to see TMNT 2020. Never know, it might happen.
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:35 PM   #10
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Well the James Bond movies lasted 40 years, if Mirage keeps making episodes like 2003 we'll see the turtles till the end of time.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:58 PM   #11
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser_Koopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by major pain
man I didntr realize theve been around this long
would you realize if you went blind??
ya I think that might work!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:59 PM   #12
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 03:13 PM   #13
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
JW post lomnger stuff, wny way the TMNT are going for 40 years!!!
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 04:02 PM   #14
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNinja Hobbit
Sorry to burst your bubble but the TMNT were created in 1983, I believe in July. So the 20th anniversary already passed, and there were topics about it too. i'll find one in a minute.

EDIT: Actually the first comic was published in May of 1984, but E&L thought up the TMNT on November 19, 1983

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums...th+anniversary

Yeah, well. I think it's the official anniversary in MAY, I'm gonna celebrate it then hehe. Lots Of Liquor lots of ass, Ohh what the hell, people will call me CARAIZAI if i PASS.

Some of my epic skills
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 04:16 PM   #15
Eidiot88
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 251
You know what this means.... PIZZA PARTY ON THE MODS!!!!
__________________

Shredder's Pub Returning Soon...
Eidiot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 04:18 PM   #16
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
It did fly by so quickly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser_Koopa
i can't believe it either, i just can't ....maybe because i was born after they tarted...
I mostly can't believe it because I was born before they were created!
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 05:10 PM   #17
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
20 years of turtles. If it wasn't for Eastman and Laird's idea of the turtles then we wouldn't even be talking about this.

by may I'll create a pic of 20th anniversary of TMNT.

But in other words long live the TMNT Legacy.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 05:14 PM   #18
Bowser_Koopa
Very yes
 
Bowser_Koopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not so far, go back a little
Posts: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Legault
20 years of turtles. If it wasn't for Eastman and Laird's idea of the turtles then we wouldn't even be talking about this.

by may I'll create a pic of 20th anniversary of TMNT.

But in other words long live the TMNT Legacy.
LONGER THAN THE STAR WARS LEGACY!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
Bowser_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:02 PM   #19
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
20th

The Turtles came into existence a few months after I was born, cool...we're about the same age.
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:46 PM   #20
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 950
1984 had a few classic movies :

T1
NOE 1
IJ 2
BHC 1
KK 1
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.