The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2004, 11:20 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
Image Bashers: Say what you LIKED about Volume 3

Whilst Image has it's own legion of fans here, it hasd a lot of bashed (myself incldued) to show I'm a fair sport, let's have a thread where the Image bashers discuss what they LIKED about it.

For me, it would have to be "Raphael as Shredder" storyline, whilst weak on most levels, it was an original concept and brought The Shredder back to the full front of the TMNT comics...albiet in a different form, Lady Shredder I did'nt like, but Raph as The Shredder should have seen him turn to a darker path than ever before, and bring him into conflict with the TMNT through certain circumstances.

Raph felt obligated to change the Foot as The Shredder, but he'd more or likly be corrupted if he continued
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:09 PM   #2
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
1) Raph as Shredder
2) Mikey as a writer

I've always thought that Mikey was an artist in some way, and his writing allowed him a place to vent his feelings in a non-violent manner.

Raph as Shredder was interesting, becasue I took it as that he was trying to return the Foot to some level of greatness, while having them do good deeds. He was turning a negative into a postive, and making up for how his Bros. decimated their ranks, atoning himself and the remaining Foot.

I only have a few of the issues, so I'm probably way off on what they were going for, but that's how I like to think of it
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:18 PM   #3
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Cyborg Don.

Enuff said.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:15 PM   #4
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Yeah I'll agree with you guys, I liked the idea of Raph being the Shredder and Mikey being a writer. But honestly that's about it.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:25 AM   #5
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
hrmmm

I really liked how Michelangelo was portrayed in the series. Probably one of the best takes on him that has yet to be done.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:09 PM   #6
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
I didn't hate Image. But I can't say I loved it either. Anyway, here's what I liked:

-Overly done violence
-"Writer" Michelangelo
-Raphael being The Shredder
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:10 PM   #7
Mobius One
Hench Mutant
 
Mobius One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: US
Posts: 411
I wasn't really a big fan of the Image Volume 3 Turtles Comics, but, while the turtles all got maimed, I liked how they used alot of the classic Mirage characters like the Triceratons, Ultroms, Leatherhead, Casey, and so on. Im glad they didn't stick their own Image characters in there and forget about the Mirage ones (except for Savage Dragon...WTF?).
__________________
You can kill the Revolutionaries,
But you can't kill the Revolution!
www.worldskater224.deviantart.com -visit it!



Formerly Demogoblin87...
Mobius One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 05:11 PM   #8
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
i liked the image run, but my favorite parts were don is thrown from the helicopter,and raph as the shredder.

when i first saw the cover for raph as the shredder, i really thought the shredder was comming back, well shredder did come back, but not saki.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:43 PM   #9
The Hedge
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 87
I agree with you guys, Raphael as Shredder was a cool story arc, as for Don being a cyborg, it was kinda interesting but I wouldn't like to see it happen again.
I enjoyed the Image series, but I've been re-reading it the past week and the behavior of some of the main characters in the book just isn't right.
For example in the first issue, when Don and Splinter are captured, Mike is stuffing his face with cake right after the fight with the cyborgs, I mean his brother and adopted father have been captured for god sake!
Splinters respect for the Dragon Lord just doesn't make sense, he knows he is responsible for Dons near Death, and he actually turns away from a great chance to finish the Dragon Lord off.
He also takes a bath with two naked women and says that his sons would be jelous if they knew, oh yeah sure, Don is lying in an alley way almost dead, I'm sure he'd be jealous.
Totally uncharacteristic behavior.
Someone on this board said it was more like a fan made comic, it really does seem that way.
__________________
"I'm not ill, green is my natural colour"
The Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #10
TheRATKING
Stone Warrior
 
TheRATKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 679
raph as shredder and mike
__________________


"The riddle is yours... that which can sustain you is within your reach... but not yet within your grasp"
R.K. issue 55 vol. 1
TheRATKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:19 PM   #11
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
What did I like? It ended. Heh Heh

Just kidding, I don't wanna get warned. Seriously though, I like that they didn't screw with Mike physically, even if they messed his character up. It was neat to see Raph trying different roles, as casey, as shredder, yeah. Let's see, what else.... hmm. Eh, I dunno. Don was awful shiny.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #12
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
I'm sure they would've done something to Mike if the series kept on going.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:52 PM   #13
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
maybe they would have blown up his legs or something.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:02 PM   #14
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00
maybe they would have blown up his legs or something.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:18 PM   #15
Psycho Raph
Thug
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 58
The fact that the shapeshifter that formed into a female turtle and Mike gettin' all smoochy with her was a poke at Venus DeMilo (who I never liked).

In fact, I never really hated the comic. If the series had a chance to be completed and they were to remain mauled and maimed, I would've been mad, though.
__________________
Josh the Stampede
Psycho Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:40 AM   #16
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseTechie
Cyborg Don.

Enuff said.
Who doesn't like cyborg Donny?
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:07 AM   #17
Tigershard
Hench Mutant
 
Tigershard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 469
I finally finished the series this weekend. At first I wasn't too keen on it, but it grew on me. I could have done without the Savage Dragon crossover, but the series was really interesting by the end. Too bad we will never get the rest.
Tigershard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:00 PM   #18
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
I like that they didn't screw with Mike physically, even if they messed his character up.
Ummm... how exactly did they "mess his character up"??
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:03 PM   #19
host_punktmy
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Shadow Moses
Posts: 469
i haven't een it but raph as shredder sounds cool
__________________
"Eat this"

www.geocities.com/kingsofpain408 This is our site
host_punktmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:09 PM   #20
Ronin_of_Kirai
Thug
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: I'm not to sure myself
Posts: 74
I liked the art.....pretty much everything else was stupid but entertaining
__________________
Oro?
I love Rikku!
Ronin_of_Kirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.