PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think Caused an Apocalyptic Future

Vicky82
08-08-2017, 12:51 PM
With final story set 50 years in a apocalyptic future, what do you think would be the cause of it.

The Turtles have saved the world before, but why couldn't they save the world this time. Maybe it was something that was out of there hands and just couldn't do anything to stop it.

I've added a poll, if you select other please specify.

snake
08-08-2017, 12:55 PM
I have a feeling we won't be told. It'll probably be hinted at, but no clear reason.

CyberCubed
08-08-2017, 01:01 PM
It might be similar to what happens in Mirage and Archie, where climate change just causes the sea levels to rise and mans pollution destroys the ozone layer.

neatoman
08-08-2017, 01:02 PM
There was a mutagen spill at a farm, the mutant cows produced so much methane it skyrocketed global warming.

IndigoErth
08-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Chompy...

(Though I'd rather it took him a million years to become that large and destroy the planet.)

Autbot_Benz
08-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Barry Allen messed with the timeline again :lol:

FredWolfLeonardo
08-08-2017, 01:15 PM
I think the future will be a result of a war between humanity and the Kraang, with the Kraang winning at the end and successfully invading the planet.

neatoman
08-08-2017, 01:18 PM

Don't you mean Zippy Lad?
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/7/7c/Zippy_Lad.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151003194017

TigerClaw
08-08-2017, 01:19 PM
If the Turtles traveled 50 years into the future, and its an apocalyptic future? its possible that, due to traveling forward in time, they been missing for 50 years, and the Turtles not being around during those 50 years, weren't able to stop some kind of apocalyptic event from happening.

Kind of like that episode from the 4Kids cartoon, in which Donnie was teleported into the future, and April from the future tells him he's been missing for many years, and Shredder has taken over.

Vicky82
08-08-2017, 01:21 PM
If the Turtles traveled 50 years into the future, and its an apocalyptic future? its possible that, due to traveling forward in time, they been missing for 50 years, and the Turtles not being around during those 50 years, weren't able to stop some kind of apocalyptic event from happen.

No they won't be traveling 50 years in the future. It's been confirmed that the turtles do age 50 years but they won't look 50 years older.

CyberCubed
08-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Given Ciro takes some things from the comics, it'll probably be Mirage/Archie related. Especially since there's also a character named Verminator Rex showing up, which is similar to Verminator X from Archie, a cyborg cat mutant who looks like Old Hob from IDW.

Ashwolf
08-08-2017, 01:59 PM
as i mentioned in another thread, i honestly think itll be from chompy growing to full size

neatoman
08-08-2017, 02:30 PM
as i mentioned in another thread, i honestly think itll be from chompy growing to full size

"Congratulations, Raphael! You've destroyed the entire world due to your irrational attachment to an alien lifeform, which Bishop told you was a terrible idea, twice! Good job!"

Vicky82
08-08-2017, 02:38 PM
I don't think it will be Chompy because if he starts growing bigger and bigger and Raph start having trouble controlling him then Bishop will have to take him back to his planet or just kill him.

Also as Chompy is an Alien Tortoise he may age and grow very slowly, so he probably be an age as a teenager and hadn't grown that much in 50 years.

Also poor Raph would get the blame for it and I don't think the Raph fans here would like the fact that he's responsible for destroying the earth. There be moaning from them for the next 10 years.

ToTheNines
08-08-2017, 02:55 PM

I could see that. Would be a cool way to set him up as a one-eyed hermit.

plastroncafe
08-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Global Warming, based on Mirage and Archie.

CyberCubed
08-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Global Warming, based on Mirage and Archie.

Yeah, this is the most likely outcome.

ToTheNines
08-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Yeah, this is the most likely outcome.

You tend to be wrong about everything, so I'd say that rules out global warming.

Vicky82
08-08-2017, 03:24 PM
One question, as this final is going to have Mad Max references in it and as I've never seen any Mad Max movies. What was reason that caused an apocalyptic future in Mad Max.

You tend to be wrong about everything, so I'd say that rules out global warming.

He's not the only person that said Global Warming though.

I chose global warming too because of Mirage/Archie futures and I've been right about things 'cough' Splinters Death 'cough'

JH24
08-08-2017, 03:40 PM
One question, as this final is going to have Mad Max references in it and as I've never seen any Mad Max movies. What was reason that caused an apocalyptic future in Mad Max.

It wasn't really explained as far as I remember, but it had to do with resource shortages and war. Society collapsed and citizens began to arm themselves and started living in the wastelands under primitive cirumstances. There were biker gangs which terrorized the roads.

Vicky82
08-08-2017, 03:43 PM
It wasn't really explained as far as I remember, but it had to do with resource shortages and a devastating (nulear) war. Eventually society collapsed and people left the cities and started living in groups under more primitive circumstances.

Ok thanks.

So it's possible that they could use that version of apocalyptic future in TMNT.

JH24
08-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Ok thanks.

So it's possible that they could use that version of apocalyptic future in TMNT.

Yeah, it's possible. It does have some similarities. People living in the deserts and wastelands, biker gangs terrorizing the roads, it was survival of the strongest.

Although there were some attempts to maintain the law through the MFP (Main Force Patrol). The main character (Max) was part of the MFP. His family was killed by a biker gang. He went rogue and set out for revenge.

The second Mad Max Movie was also known as "The Road Warrior."

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Will this be the same future as the end of the "Halfshell Heroes: Blast to the Past" (if that even was in the future, maybe just an alternate 2015 or whatever Earth).

Vicky82
08-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Will this be the same future as the end of the "Halfshell Heroes: Blast to the Past" (if that even was in the future, maybe just an alternate 2015 or whatever Earth).

No because Shredder is dead and it has nothing to do with Half Shell Heroes.

CyberCubed
08-08-2017, 04:36 PM

I've been correct or close in most of my predictions for this show, and the IDW comics. As well as the 2k3 series too, back in 2004-2007 in those old threads.

ToTheNines
08-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Citation needed.

08-08-2017, 05:01 PM
No because Shredder is dead and it has nothing to do with Half Shell Heroes.

Shredder is dead, yes, but the Foot still exists. But probably, it isn't the same.

Vicky82
08-08-2017, 10:54 PM
I don't think it's global warming after all, but it would certainly cause problems to climate change and other things.

It's a pic of one of the colour scripts, so it's a small spoiler.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/1353cc2fece01cf8437c619ec8261a41/tumblr_inline_otpkff9pXk1ttbhkz_500.jpg

Glitter Wand
08-08-2017, 11:17 PM
Agreed. Shredder and Tiger Claw are done, so Karai is probably leading the Foot Clan.

CyberCubed
08-09-2017, 01:18 AM
Karai would be like nearly 70 years old...you know.

Vicky82
08-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Karai would be like nearly 70 years old...you know.

Yeah but as she's half mutant she may age slowly but not as slowly as the turtles.

April will probably age slowly because she's half human half Kraang.

Casey and Shinigami would actually be near 70 years old as they are human.

CyberCubed
08-09-2017, 03:32 AM
I don't think every mutant ages slowly. Just the Turtles do because it's similar to real life Turtles or how they age slowly in Mirage and Archie.

There's no reason why every single mutant would age slower than humans, that doesn't make any sense.

neatoman
08-09-2017, 04:13 AM
Yeah, gotta agree with Cubed on this one, if anything Karai's mutation into a viper would cause her aging to speed up five times. Assuming it did, she'll die in her late 20's.

Faster and Cheaper
08-09-2017, 11:58 AM
I don't think it's global warming after all, but it would certainly cause problems to climate change and other things.

It's a pic of one of the colour scripts, so it's a small spoiler.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/1353cc2fece01cf8437c619ec8261a41/tumblr_inline_otpkff9pXk1ttbhkz_500.jpg

That's a very familiar shot :)

CyberCubed
08-09-2017, 01:25 PM
I think we're in for a real treat with these last few eps. I always loved when shows did a time skip to the future, and seeing how the Nick TMNT era apparent has a sad ending given the nature of the series, it seems quite exciting.

Too bad we probably won't see these eps aired till like early 2018 though at this rate. :lol:

oldmanwinters
08-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Option #1
cSs6eKmTCDY

Option #2
aZPPW41LXJs#t=59s

Option #3
sSEWmat2crY

neatoman
08-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Option #1
cSs6eKmTCDY

Option #2
aZPPW41LXJs#t=59s

Option #3
sSEWmat2crY

I9MZNEXrElw

Jester
08-09-2017, 02:09 PM
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/semi-carrying-frozen-pizzas-smashes-into-freeway-i-30-column/786094134

a3Eu8bkPeUo

Faster and Cheaper
08-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Too bad we probably won't see these eps aired till like early 2018 though at this rate. :lol:

From a purely selfish point of view I hope not. Then again I can't see what the future holds and maybe even an early 2018 release might work regardless.

These last three, I can't say how they'll come off to the fans, so many different stories I got from a production POV, but the story itself I'm confident will be talked about among the fandom. It was a story that was the most near and dear to Ciro this season, and it was important to Nickelodeon too.

Vicky82
08-09-2017, 02:20 PM
From a purely selfish point of view I hope not. Then again I can't see what the future holds and maybe even an early 2018 release might work regardless.

These last three, I can't say how they'll come off to the fans, so many different stories I got from a production POV, but the story itself I'm confident will be talked about among the fandom. It was a story that was the most near and dear to Ciro this season, and it was important to Nickelodeon too.

Yeah, I guess that means everyone is going to die.

At the moment the most talked about episode is Lone Rat and Cubs, my Tumblr blog is full of baby turtles from that IGN clip :D

CyberCubed
08-09-2017, 02:44 PM
Don't you guys think everyone dying is too depressing for a kids show? Just think of the children who grew up with this show, seeing everyone dead at the end?

Vicky82
08-09-2017, 02:48 PM
Don't you guys think everyone dying is too depressing for a kids show? Just think of the children who grew up with this show, seeing everyone dead at the end?

I expect it depends how it's handled. We see the the turtles have died and then the next minute we see them being reunited with Splinter in the afterlife so it will be a happy/sad ending.

If Nickelodeon do get a lot of complaints then they probably wouldn't give a damn anyway because of the new show coming out next year.

JH24
08-09-2017, 03:05 PM
I honestly don't know how I would feel about everyone dying, that would be so depressing. After following this series for years, and getting attached to the main characters, I think it would break my heart.

Storywise it could make for a powerful impact. Especially if they have some kind of heroic last stand or sacrifice.

Personally I would like seeing the turtles, April, Casey and their closest friends together, riding off into the sunset.

I find it a bit scary thinking who might still be alive at the end of the series.

CyberCubed
08-09-2017, 03:40 PM
To be honest the death of everyone will tie up all the loose plot threads of the series. Mutagen Man never de-mutated? Well, he died instead!

08-09-2017, 03:41 PM
I expect it depends how it's handled. We see the the turtles have died and then the next minute we see them being reunited with Splinter in the afterlife so it will be a happy/sad ending.

If Nickelodeon do get a lot of complaints then they probably wouldn't give a damn anyway because of the new show coming out next year.

Yes, if it happens later, less people care.

*First Nickelodeon wanted Splinter dead from the start (not sure if it was killed)
*When the idea was given up, Nickelodeon killed Splinter during late-season 3, only to restore him with time travel.
*Then Nickelodeon killed him for good during late-season 4, by airing the episode in South Korea first.

Vicky82
08-09-2017, 03:48 PM
To be honest the death of everyone will tie up all the loose plot threads of the series. Mutagen Man never de-mutated? Well, he died instead!

:lol:

Yeah and that we don't know what happened to April's Mum. Well, if April dies then we see her being reunited with her (and Kirby) in the afterlife.

08-09-2017, 03:55 PM
From a purely selfish point of view I hope not.

What do you mean? Do you really want so long breaks?

Faster and Cheaper
08-09-2017, 06:30 PM
What do you mean? Do you really want so long breaks?

Oh no I meant that I hope they air it sooner since Cubed mentioned that he could see it being delayed til 2018. What I meant is I hope it airs sooner so I can use the last episode I worked on for my demo reel. I did some good work on that last episode, we all did considering the limitations we got into that I'll elaborate when they air it. I hated the delays like everyone else, no one disliked the delays more than the people who worked on it since we didn't understand it either.

And I never said everyone dies :). I just think most people will be surprised where they go with it.

ABrown
08-09-2017, 06:43 PM

Justice League Flashpoint Paradox might just be my favorite DC Universe DTV movie.

CyberCubed
08-09-2017, 07:05 PM
It is quite possible we might not get the last arc this year.

For one thing we're going on another rerun break after the toddler Turtles ep airs. Then after that we know the Monster Arc is planned to air around October for Halloween. The 3-part Original cartoon Turtle crossover is coming out on DVD in September but we have no idea when it'll air on TV.

Then after all that...we'll probably be in December. So unless the last 3-parter airs in December, I can see them holding it over till early 2018.

shredder orokusaki
08-10-2017, 02:33 AM
I destroyed the world with my demon army and Kavaxas! That what caused the apocalyptic future!

08-10-2017, 05:10 AM
Then after all that...we'll probably be in December. So unless the last 3-parter airs in December, I can see them holding it over till early 2018.

Nickelodeon usually don't air new episodes between late-November and mid-January, so I see no point of hoping for episodes around that time. Maybe February 2018.

newfan
08-10-2017, 05:47 AM
I wouldn't be in a hurry to watch everyone die. I don't think that would happen though, well it would if they wanted to show that but then something would probably happen to re-set the timeline.

Redworld96
08-10-2017, 06:31 AM
Didn't say Nickeolodeon/TMNT official social websites that they will end the show by the end of this year? Probably they will make an exception and release the last arcs for november-december.

Vicky82
08-10-2017, 09:13 AM
I wonder if the final will be shown as a 3 part episode or just air it all in one day like a hour and half special.

GoldMutant
08-10-2017, 10:46 AM
For one thing we're going on another rerun break after the toddler Turtles ep airs. Then after that we know the Monster Arc is planned to air around October for Halloween. The 3-part Original cartoon Turtle crossover is coming out on DVD in September but we have no idea when it'll air on TV.

If the DVD for it said "catch the episodes two months or early" or something to that extent, I'd think November, probably before Thanksgiving.

08-10-2017, 12:05 PM
Didn't say Nickeolodeon/TMNT official social websites that they will end the show by the end of this year? Probably they will make an exception and release the last arcs for november-december.

Nickeolodeon can do what they wont. They've probably broken many promises before.