The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-05-2017, 10:20 AM   #2981
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Those toys look so bad, also why is everyone saying they're bringing them back? They brought them back 6+ years ago. And shouldn't we have a trailer now? The movie comes out in a little over two months and we've only seen the teaser trailer, I thought they were waiting for the Star Wars hype to cool down but it's something they should've released now. This movie is going to bomb hard isn't it? It's getting the same toxic hype the PD's TMNT movie did so maybe nostalgia alone will help it? I personally don't like anything we've seen but for some reason I'm really curious to watch since I think it'll somehow work.

As far as my marathon, I finished S2, and what a lackluster season, I can see why viewership started to go down, the white ranger/zedd/thunderzords are still very iconic but the stories were never as memorable. I was happy to have Rita back since I'd been getting bored of Zedd, I thought it'd be the opposite, maybe it's because it lacks so much sentai footage? A lot of the plots seem to want to avoid having zord battles or dairanger monsters. Why did they make Saba able to talk? He only did it in two episodes as far as I'm aware, it's odd to put it in if it only ever happened twice. S3 is when I started to be less interested in Power Rangers but let's see I'm excited for it. I'm surprised by how lame the Tommy/Kim relationship is, the only reason we even know is because of the kiss from the green with evil storyline besides that they really show no gf/bf status just friendship with hints that they like each other. I remember they were a couple very well. It'll be hard but I do think I can finish S3/Zeo before I start school.

Last edited by sdp; 01-05-2017 at 10:47 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #2982
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post

Some more Alpha footage from the VR demo
Here's a first full look at it.

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/05/new-...mage-released/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:43 AM   #2983
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Gekisou Sentai Carranger, the Sentai on which Power Rangers Turbo is based, is scheduled for a DVD release on April 25th.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY5H5J3...keywords=Power Rangers&tag=viglink20726-20
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #2985
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Classic Rangers will be in the twenty-fifth season

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/edu...125100484.html
Nice. I look forward to seeing who those rangers might be.

As far as the movie goes, it's revealed in this trailer that the movie is PG13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aNxOIRkjCI
Old 01-07-2017, 09:05 PM   #2987
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Classic Rangers will be in the twenty-fifth season

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/edu...125100484.html
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Gekisou Sentai Carranger, the Sentai on which Power Rangers Turbo is based, is scheduled for a DVD release on April 25th.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY5H5J3...keywords=Power Rangers&tag=viglink20726-20
Awesome can't wait

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:52 PM   #2988
Allio
Foot Elite

Old 01-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #2989
Storm Eagle
Saved by

You can now preorder at Shout! Factory's site, and get it two weeks early if you do.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/tv/tv-a...omplete-series

Shout! Factory also now tells us what episodes the Best of Blue DVD will have. First of all, it'll have six episodes and they're all from MMPR, and not from different seasons like the Walmart listing states.

Peace, Love and Woe
Dark Warrior
Switching Places
Something Fishy
Grumble Bee
Blue Ranger Gone Bad

It'll also have an interview with David Yost as a special feature, which is most likely a conglomerate of select snippets of his interviews from the box sets.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShoutFact...4313915393?p=p
Old 01-10-2017, 05:39 PM   #2990
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #2991
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The first half of Dino Supercharge came out on DVD today, and the second half is announced to come out on March 7th. The bad part? No holiday episodes are on it.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pow...-2-Vol-2/22944
Old 01-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #2992
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
This was cute. Last fall I got my first cat (my Dad is allergic) with my girlfriend for the house I bought earlier last year and I've been in love with her ever since...so this made me smile.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #2993
ZariusTwo
Overlord

There's some new MMPR children's books on the way in June

Quote:
The Venomous Eclipse By Adrianne Ambrose

Get inside the mind of the ultimate superhero in this brand-new adventure from the Power Rangers.

High above the Earth, a dark magic weapon threatens to bring down the Power Rangers once and for all. The ruthless villain, Scorpina, has gained control of the powerful Eclipse Ring, capable of blasting its victims into another dimension. When the Rangers start mysteriously disappearing, only one person can save the town of Angel Grove from destruction. Does Zack Taylor have what it takes to send the venomous Scorpina back into space?
http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/bo...ianne-ambrose/

Quote:
Tournament of Terror by Neo Edmund

Pages: 160

Get inside the mind of the ultimate superhero in this brand-new adventure from the Power Rangers.

It’s the morning of the big gymnastics tournament and Kimberly Hart is ready to compete. The winner of today’s local competition is guaranteed a spot at the national championships. But midway through the Pink Ranger’s balance beam routine, her world suddenly turns to black. All she can see are Goldar’s glowing red eyes and a hypnotizing amulet dangling from his claw. Moments later she’s back in the Angel Grove gymnasium, uncertain if her vision was real or imagined. With the rest of the Rangers away on a secret mission, can Kimberly fight off Goldar by herself?

http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/bo...by-neo-edmund/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #2994
Allio
Foot Elite

Because kids know the mythos to a show that ended 20+ years ago that they would be interested to follow its expanded universe. It doesn't even hold the same charm as the boom comics
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #2995
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The Power Rangers movie is officially rated PG-13.
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/powe...e-rated-pg-13/
Old 01-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #2996
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The Power Rangers movie is officially rated PG-13.
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/powe...e-rated-pg-13/
I beat you to it, dude.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:59 AM   #2997
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post

I heard Carranger is a parody series, correct? In what way.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:05 AM   #2998
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I heard Carranger is a parody series, correct? In what way.
This is one way I've seen it described.

Quote:
A lot of Carranger's comedy revolves around 'wtf' moments. A scene will be proceeding as you'd expect and then someone will do or say something completely out-of-the-blue and absurd. For example, a monster of the week has grown giant and is smashing buildings, then it suddenly realises that it's clothes don't cover it's midrift and everyone will be able to see it's bellybutton fluff and it gets all embarrassed.

The show does indeed make some self-aware comments. These aren't super insightful quips that make you re-think the whole franchise or anything. Just a gentle nod and a wink here and there. The villains don't (yet) know the Carranger's true identities, and whenever they bump into them untransformed they will pointedly refer to them as "those unremarkable citizens".
Old 01-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #2999
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well my MMPR marathon got sidetracked after watching the season 3 Premier A Friend in Need and I was reminded I always wanted to finally marathon Masked Rider next time I was watching through MMPR, so I made my marathon longer....
I'd only seen a few episodes but I always wanted to watch the entire show and ten years ago it just wasn't online but thankfully I was finally able to since it's now online. it's odd how an official spin-off of Power Rangers took that long to make its way online which haters may like or hate but it is technically in continuity.

So overall the show is far from the worst thing ever as the fandom tries to make it to be but I think that has to do more with most people not having nostalgia for it so it just looks goofy while MMPR/VR Troopers/Beetleborgs do have nostalgic appeal and also because of hardcore Kamen Rider toku fans who hate what they did to their "serious" franchise propogating myths such as "Toei doesn't want to show it again" with no real basis whatsoever.

It's basically a generic Saban Toku show but the "family" setting just isn't as appealing as the other ameritoku shows had, the editing is fairly bad but on par with VR Troopers. The characters are just not that interesting including Dex but they all had potential even if never realized I guess they needed better writers but I could see the whole family actually being interesting if a little more effort was put on them. The villains are also really boring and a lot more could've been done with them as they felt super threatening in their Power Rangers appearance, I still remember as a kid thinking Count Dregon would be the new bad guy of MMPR since the episode ends on a cliffhanger on his way to destroy the Power Rangers..at the time I had no idea there was a spin-off show. Two of my favorite characters are the neighbor who has a crush on Dex with her snobby attitude but as the others she had her potential cut and my favorite character is Ferbus. I know, I know, he's the cute annoying character I'm supposed to hate but he was so cute and actually funny during the show, I guess he just reminded me of a mischievous dog or something and didn't take too much screen time like say Scrappy for comparison's sake so that helped him. Weird how Furby's have a similar name and look from him even though they came after so I guess Saban was on to something there.

The battles themselves can be a bit boring since Dex has such a boring/monotone voice but even then the footage taken from Black R/X is still cool in its own right which made up for it. The final episode where we see the past "Masked Rider Warriors" is genuinely awesome and I enjoyed it as much as classic MMPR episodes, that one cut the humor so I guess that worked here. Overall the show isn't amazing and it has plenty of flaws but it deserves to be part of Power Ranger history.

Now I'll continue with my MMPR marathon continuing season 3, it's looking very difficult for me to get to Zeo since Masked Rider threw my schedule off course by adding 40 more episodes and I won't have enough time later to continue marathoning it but we'll see.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #3000
sdp
Megan Fox = April

So it's mid January and still no trailer besides the teaser? Do they really have no fate in the movie? This reminds me of PD's TMNT marketing strategy of ignoring it existed until the very last minute though I guess it worked with that one..

I watched the S3 Ninja powers 4-parter and wow it's terrible I remembered not liking it a lot but I expected a lot more since the fandom says it's better than the movie origin which couldn't be further from the truth. The movie origin is so much better and told in pretty much the same amount of running time so there were no advantages. I really wish they had used that as the origin instead of what we got, I'm aware they didn't own the movie but they could've just started the season with the new Zords and reference without specifying how they had gotten the new powers. And the 4 monsters that helped destroy the Thunderzords (American footage right? That was pretty cool actually) never got destroyed, they just forgot about them, big plothole.

Anywho I'll consider the movie in my own canon as in continuity since it makes no sense to leave it all by itself. You obviously have to ignore why the suits look different but that isn't a big deal, their extra equipment? Somethings Billy added they never used again just like many other inventions from the show, Mordant? He went home if we take his backstory seriously that's not in the movie or we consider him a random monster like the ones from the show that are sometimes seen hanging out. The biggest problem most will snap at is "but they get the Ninja Powers", I've got a solution the movie never references that the Zords are new or they are getting these new powers, you just know that they lost their powers and needed to go to another planet to get them back, so this could take place after Ninja Quest and they already have the Ninja Powers and those are the powers they lose and try to get back not the dino/thunder ones which you assume when watching the movie. The only problem is the emblems changed from Dinosaurs to the ninja animals which you can ignore just as how they still use the dino theme in S3 and yet it doesn't make sense anymore at all and that the Adam shows disappointed on being a Frog but at that time they would've already known they were those animals, maybe they just thought it was their zords and not their actual spirit haha. It really can't be before Ninja Quest since they use the thunderzords until they lose their powers if not you could fit the movie between episodes and say Rito was sleeping or whatever but they do use their powers before they got them again and all around it's a messier explanation.

Tags
power rangers