The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #281
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The only schools I know with dress codes are some private schools and schools up until 4th grade. Those force you to wear a uniform.
Do they wear school uniforms in Portugal until 4th grade? I can't imagine that.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #282
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Hmm...

Well, Mikey is no doubt a dancing on tables then laying on the floor kind of drunk and waking up at 6am not sure where he is while just 5 min before Leo throws him a quick side eye on the way to brush his teeth and wash up. Given his personality and feeling of the responsibilities on his shoulders, Leo probably kept it limited and didn't drink to that point....and now has the advantage of holding the other's drunken behavior over them. Donnie is probably a goofy drunk, but not as crazy as Mikey. A more mellow one. Raph... hopefully just a quite sort or becomes a bit more social. Hopefully he isn't an angry drunk.
Raph could go either way, either angry or extra soft (the soft side he likes to hide )

Last edited by newfan; 05-11-2018 at 04:34 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:32 PM   #283
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Do they wear school uniforms in Portugal until 4th grade? I can't imagine that.
I did... I think kids up until 4th grade wear a "uniform" or something over their regular clothes so that they don't get their actual clothes dirty. When you're that young you tend to get dirty a lot when you're playing outside or even when you're eating.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:02 PM   #284
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I never saw the turtles as drinkers but I could see them smoking.

Would've been a funny OT episode as a part of the anti-drug PSAs.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #285
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I could see Raphael as an emotional drunk. Maybe not an angry drunk per-say, but one who yells and then gets weepy at weird points of movies that are on.
"It's just such a cute puppy!"
Old 05-11-2018, 06:37 PM   #286
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I could see Raphael as an emotional drunk. Maybe not an angry drunk per-say, but one who yells and then gets weepy at weird points of movies that are on.
"It's just such a cute puppy!"
LOL Was thinking something along those lines, that there could very well often be a lot of "I never said that!" the next day. lol

Yes you did... And why your bothers kinda love it sometimes when you're drunk. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #287
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I don't think by much though? Aren't you about the same age? (I'm definitely starting to believe age is just a number... And numbers are mostly just a myth. lol)
I can be as old as you want me to be...

#SuperShredderSexyEyebrow

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #288
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Raph as a weepy drunk? I totally see that one. Mikey is the "here, hold my beer and watch this!" type. Followed by the "why is my arm broken" type the next morning. Donnie- the philosophical drunk, espousing ideas about the meaning of life. Leo is definitely the happy drunk- laughing hysterically at everything, and playing little games with the bottle or whatever. Fidgety and giggly.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #289
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, I guess that would make me a Leo-type drunk . And not very good at holding my liquor. I got excitable over a an amaretto sour and half a glass of wine. And scared my boyfriend with how fast it was.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #290
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeahhh... I can see it.

Mikey: "Watch this!" *performs drunken stunt to show off*
Raph: *emotional* "THAT... was just SO amazin'. Like... the most amazin' ting EVah."
Donnie: *sitting at table with Leo* "You know..." *rambles a mostly incoherent critique*
Leo: *just laughs hysterically at all of them*

Spoiler:
Hugs adorably drunk Leo.

Spoiler:
Then be a spoil sport the next day reminding them all that if an enemy showed up they'd have all been toast.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #291
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

But what of other characters?

We've seen what Casey's like. We've even seen Glurin in Tales of the TMNT be pretty loopy. Off cranberry juice (since cranberry juice is non-alcoholic, I think Utroms digest sugar in a way that it turns alcoholic. It would happen with just about any fruit juice, but it seems like cranberry juice is the party drink )
Old 05-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #292
Prowler
Emperor

...how was Shredder able to track Yoshi in the NYC sewers but then wasn't able to look for him and the Turtles again. Did they settle/make their Lair in a different place than the one Yoshi found the Turtles before all of them mutated?
Old 05-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #293
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
...how was Shredder able to track Yoshi in the NYC sewers but then wasn't able to look for him and the Turtles again. Did they settle/make their Lair in a different place than the one Yoshi found the Turtles before all of them mutated?
Shredder definetly knew that Yoshi was in the sewers, but I assumed that he didn't know his exact location, hence dumping mutagen down the drain in order to poison him rather than just going down there himself to finish the job.

There was even the episode where Bebop and Rocksteady accidentally wound up in the turtles home and after they were transported back, Shredder asked "You found the turtles hiding place? Quickly, what was the exact location!"

Interestingly, Rat King did manage to track the turtles location in season 8, but by then it was too late for Shredder as he was trying to run from, rather than track down the turtles.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-12-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #294
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Shredder definetly knew that Yoshi was in the sewers, but I assumed that he didn't know his exact location, hence dumping mutagen down the drain in order to poison him rather than just going down there himself to finish the job.

There was even the episode where Bebop and Rocksteady accidentally wound up in the turtles home and after they were transported back, Shredder asked "You found the turtles hiding place? Quickly, what was the exact location!"

Interestingly, Rat King did manage to track the turtles location in season 8, but by then it was too late for Shredder as he was trying to run from, rather than track down the turtles.
But in the 2nd episode, when he explains the Turtles how he knows Splinter you see it in the flashback him watching Yoshi walking around in the sewers through the big Technodrome screen.

There is also an episode where The Rat King tries to find the lair but to no avail. So I guess he had to try several times to final find its location.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #295
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Speaking of him watching Yoshi on camera, I was completely flabbergasted by how Shreder was able to get cameras in seemingly impossible and convenient locations like the rooftop battle with the Foot in Turtle Tracks and watching Yoshi in the sewers, when the next episode "A Thing about Rats" answered that question by showing that he has small flying devices which cleared things up.

Splinter and the turtles must've changed their lair upon mutation in order to hide from Shredder, which would explain why in-show, the lair looks different between seasons 1 and 2. Its only in season 3 when the lair gets an established look that is maintained all the way until the last episode.

Old 05-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #296
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Speaking of him watching Yoshi on camera, I was completely flabbergasted by how Shreder was able to get cameras in seemingly impossible and convenient locations like the rooftop battle with the Foot in Turtle Tracks and watching Yoshi in the sewers, when the next episode "A Thing about Rats" answered that question by showing that he has small flying devices which cleared things up.

Splinter and the turtles must've changed their lair upon mutation in order to hide from Shredder, which would explain why in-show, the lair looks different between seasons 1 and 2. Its only in season 3 when the lair gets an established look that is maintained all the way until the last episode.
Huh keep in mind that Splinter and Shredder had no idea it was Saki/shredder who threw the mutagen down the sewers until Shredder himself told them in Enter the Shredder. Hamato Yoshi and the Turtles had no idea Shredder was in NYC. The Turtles were pretty confused when they first faced the Foot Soldiers. And when they showed their clothes to Splinter said something like "Oroku Saki still lives".
Old 05-12-2018, 02:54 PM   #297
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

One of the things I find interesting about the OT turtles origin is that Mondo Gecko was retconned to be among them.

While I have no problem with the actual origin itself, and Mondo Gecko is one of my favourite secondary characters, I did find it weird how Mr. X was just randomly roaming the sewers doing what, looking for mutating geckos? Plus that, why didn't he grab the turtles as well?

And Mr. X is built up with his face not being shown, and him being given this menancing voice, until it turns out he is just some generic random bad guy. Atleast the Nick series was clever in making Fishface as Mr. X.

Old 05-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #298
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
One of the things I find interesting about the OT turtles origin is that Mondo Gecko was retconned to be among them.

While I have no problem with the actual origin itself, and Mondo Gecko is one of my favourite secondary characters, I did find it weird how Mr. X was just randomly roaming the sewers doing what, looking for mutating geckos? Plus that, why didn't he grab the turtles as well?
Oh God that's so BS. "He was there all along!". No he ****ing wasn't. You can clearly see in the episodes previous to Mondo Gecko's debut whenever the part of Splinter picking up the Turtles is shown again there is NO lizard among them.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:35 PM   #299
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Oh God that's so BS. "He was there all along!". No he ****ing wasn't. You can clearly see in the episodes previous to Mondo Gecko's debut whenever the part of Splinter picking up the Turtles is shown again there is NO lizard among them.
He was hiding
Old 05-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #300
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
He was hiding
Pfft. I know FW is inconsistent but even the whole "MONDO GECKO WAS THERE ALL ALONG" is a hard pill for me to swallow, so I just refuse to see it as cannon.