The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Netflix's Ratched

A One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest spin-off series focusing on Nurse Ratched is being developed for Netflix by Ryan Murphy

http://www.slashfilm.com/nurse-ratched-tv-series/

Quote:
“The great thing about that show is the first four seasons follow Sarah’s origin story,” Murphy said. “How did she become a Hannibal Lecter figure? What happened to her to make her do that? It’s also a feminist tale because it starts in 1947. It really looks at the birth of a lot of things that were happening in our health care system. The last season of that show will be Sarah facing off against the Jack Nicholson character from the movie. It’ll let you understand how she became that person. We haven’t started casting the Nicholson part.”
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I don't want to steal Vegita-San's thunder here, but how can you use feminism to justify the actions of one of the great villains of literature and film? She's a sociopath who is supposed to be a symbol of the corrupting influence of power in a brutal culture. Does making an adaptation of her story in [the current year] change that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:30 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

So are they going to keep part where Mac permanently damages her vocal cords in this version? I don't really get the "feminist tale" angle they mentioned, as that would require making her... Likeable. Which kind of hard to pull off, given the lobotomy and all the other horrible things she does. It could so easily come across as either anti-feminist or as pro-feminist in a really disturbing way, neither of which is going to be taken lightly.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I find that Nurse from Cuckoo's Nest to be so unlikeable.

How are they gonna make her a main protagonist?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote