The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-26-2019, 10:07 PM   #1
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Favorite movies of the 2010s anyone?

Now that the decade is almost over, what are your fave movies of films from 2010 to 2019?

My faves are:

2010: Kick-Ass, Hot Tub Time Machine, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, How to Train your Dragon, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 1, Red, The Expendables, Frozen (the horror one), Red, Tangled, The Crazies, Secret of Arriety.

2011: The Raid: Redemption, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Paul, Battle Los Angeles, Captain America, Thor, Drive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 2, Horrible Bosses, Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

2012: Wolf Children, Dredd, Skyfall, 21 Jump Street, Wreck it Ralph, Jack Reacher, Maniac, The Avengers.

2013: Gravity, Oblivion, Fast and Furious Six, World War Z (unrated version), This is the End, The Conjuring, The Dark Knight Returns.

2014: Interstellar, John Wick, Edge of Tomorrow, Captain America Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nightcrawler, X-Men Days of Future Past, Birdman, The Raid 2, Deliver Us from Evil, Wolfcop, As Above So Below, Neighbors, The Lego Movie, 22 Jump Street, Gone Girl, Lucy, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

2015: Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, It Follows, Sicario, Avengers Age of Ultron, It Follows, Spotlight, Ant-Man, True Story, Kingsman, Southpaw, Kung Fury, Final Girls, Inside Out.

2016: Deadpool, Zootopia, Spectral, Keanu, Central Intelligence, Lights out, Conjuring 2, Hacksaw Ridge, Hardcore Henry, Dr Strange, The Nice Guys, Kung Fu Panda 3.

2017: The Shape of Water, Blade Runner 2049, Get Out, John Wick 2, Kong of Skull Island, Wind River, Tragedy Girls, I Tonya, Bright, Logan, Ghost in the Shell, The Hitman's Bodyguard, Jim and Andy, Coco, Fate and Furious, Belko Experiment, War of the Planet of the Apes.

2018: Mandy, Mission Impossible Fallout, Searching, Overlord, Deadpool 2, A Quiet Place, Game Night, Spider-Man into the Spiderverse, The Incredibles 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Antman and Wasp, Jurassic Park Fallen Kingdom. Sicario 2, Island of Dogs.

2019: Rocketman, John Wick 3, Dolemite is my Name, Hustlers, Crawl, Avengers End Game, Child's Play. Hobbs and Shaw, Shazam. Detective Pikachu, Ready of Not, Godzilla King of the Monsters.

Last edited by Egon1982; 12-27-2019 at 12:52 AM.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:42 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Joker is the movie of the decade, I'd argue.

Not only is Joaquin Phoenix's performance phenomenal and the atmosphere very moody, but the movie has balls.

It doesn't hesitate in showing the slow transformation of an outcast into a killer, and it doesn't do so in a way thats insultingly cartoonish either.

Plus, there are so many ways in which you can approach the movie, because of how it teases the fact that the Joker's perception is not always reality.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:39 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

1. Deadpool
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
4. The Lego Movie
5. Detective Pikachu
6. Kingsman: The Secret Serice
7. The Lego Movie
8. Wonder Woman
9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
10. Avengers: Endgame
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Not necessarily in order, but all good:

1. The Irishman
2. Inception
3. Mad Max: Fury Road
4. Seven Psychopaths
5. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
6. Black Swan
7. The Town
8. The Wolf of Wall Street
9. Rambo: Last Blood
10. Interstellar
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:26 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Wolf of Wall Street was a big surprise for me. I saw it was like 3 hours long and expected to be bored out of my mind but gave it a shot because of Leonardo DiCaprio (and it only has a 73% on rotten) but it turned out to be one of the funniest movies I’ve seen. I just couldn’t get over how funny it was.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:34 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Wolf of Wall Street was a big surprise for me. I saw it was like 3 hours long and expected to be bored out of my mind but gave it a shot because of Leonardo DiCaprio (and it only has a 73% on rotten) but it turned out to be one of the funniest movies I’ve seen. I just couldn’t get over how funny it was.
It's very, very good. Scorsese still at the top of his game.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:59 PM   #7
Roseangelo
Emperor

Not the TMNT movies.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:57 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

Shin Gojira is my #1, that I am sure of.

The Irishman, Interstellar, Blade Runner 2049,& Godzilla: KOTM definitely catch some honorable mentions.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:30 PM   #9
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I might do a lengthy list later, but some movies over the past decade that have made a positive influence on my life are Toy Story 3, Risen, Won't You Be My Neighbor, Coco, Toy Story 4, Christopher Robin, Cinderella, Finding Dory, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, The Peanuts Movie, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Pete's Dragon and the Kung Fu Panda sequels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon1982 View Post
Now that the decade is almost over, what are your fave movies of films from 2010 to 2019?

My faves are:

2015: Spotlight
That film along with the extreme actions Mark Ruffalo took to promote it were huge contributors to the depression I was battling from late 2015 to early 2016. I was also struggling with my job while it was winning numerous awards, so that couldn't have happened at a worse time. The film falsely portrayed a man named Jack Dunn as someone who was part of the Boston Archdiocesan cover-up when he never actually was. Doing that cause Mr. Dunn and his family tremendous pain. Open Road Studios defended the portrayal at first, but then publicly had to admit that they what they did was wrong and had to publicly apologize to Mr. Dunn.

https://ew.com/article/2016/03/15/sp...oad-statement/

Last edited by ranger_scout; 12-28-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Typos
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:01 AM   #10
Storm Eagle
Saved by

2010:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1

2011:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2, Scream 4, Transformers: Dark of the Moon

2012:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

2013:
G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Jimi: All is By My Side, The Wolverine

2014:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers: Age of Extinction, X-Men: Days of Future Past

2015:
The Peanuts Movie

2016:
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, X-Men: Apocalypse

2017:
Logan, Power Rangers, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Transformers: The Last Knight

2018:
Bumblebee, Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald, Mary Poppins Returns

2019:
Spider-Man: Far From Home, X-Men: Dark Phoneix

Honorable mention go to:

Spoiler:
2010:
Alice in Wonderland, Easy A, Grown Ups, Iron Man 2, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, Ramona and Beezus, The Runaways, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Toy Story 3, Tron: Legacy, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

2011:
Bad Teacher, Beastly, Captain Marvel: The First Avenger, Cars 2, Soul Surfer

2012:
The Avengers, Brave, Chronicle, Ted, Wreck-It Ralph

2013:
42, Don Jon, Frozen, Grown Ups 2, Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, Oz: The Great and Powerful, Thor: The Dark World

2014:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Jersey Boys, The Lego Movie, Malefecent, Planes: Fire & Rescue, RoboCop

2015:
Ant-Man, Avengers: Age of Utrom, Brooklyn, Cinderella, The Duff, Inside-Out, Jurassic World, Pixels, Star Wars: Episode 7 - The Force Awakens, Straight Outta Compton

2016:
Alice: Through the Looking Glass, Barbershop: The Next Cut, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War, Deadpool, Finding Dory, I'm Not Ashamed, Moana, My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, The Secret Life of Pets, Warcraft, Zootopia

2017:
All Eyez On Me, Beauty and the Beast, Cars 3, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Justice League, Lady Bird, Star Wars: Episode 8 - The Last Jedi, Thor: Ragnarok, Wonder, Wonder Woman

2018:
Ant-Man and the Wasp, Aquaman, Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther, BlacKkKlansman, Christopher Robin, Deadpool, The Hate U Give, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Mid90s, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Solo: A Star Wars Story, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Venom, Welcome to Marwen, Won't You Be My Neighbor?

2019:
Aladdin, Alita: Battle Angel, Avengers: End Game, Blinded by the Light, Child's Play, Five Feet Apart, The Lego Movie 2, The Secret Life of Pets 2, Shazam!, Toy Story 4

Movies from this year that I have yet to see:
The Addams Family
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Frozen 2
Joker
Jumanji: The Next Level
Star Wars: Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker

Last edited by Storm Eagle; 12-29-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #11
Warhorse
Emperor

Kick Ass, and probably my favorite movie of the decade.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.

Tough, good year for movies.
Django Unchained with Avengers and Hunger Games close behind.

The World's End

Captain America: Winter Soldier. Probably my second favorite movie of the decade.

Straight Outta Compton

Captain America: Civil War

Wind River

Toss up between Infinity War and Bohemian Rhapsody.

John Wick 3
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:17 AM   #12
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Didn't watch too many films that year, not many looked good to me. The ones I did I bought on DVD and enjoyed them, here's my favorites of 2010 however if we are talking about 200s in general which looks like could be listed than

Toy story 3

Tangled

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows parts 1 and 2 ( Big Harry Potter fan here)

Narnia

She's out of my League ( saw this one on tv actually)
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 02:51 PM   #13
ABrown
Banned

I can't think of very many at all. But here's the ones that come to mind:
  • Bad Teacher
  • Easy A
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • The Twilight Saga movies (that were released this decade)
  • Several DC Universe DTV Animated Movies (from this decade)
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote