The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Our Cartoon President

I'm aware this is a show designed to indirectly bash Trump but I'd probably watch it. Looks pretty funny.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:16 AM   #2
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Wait are they actually gonna make this a tv show? I thought it's just another dig at Trump the clown.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Ah, based on a true story.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:07 AM   #4
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post

I'm aware this is a show designed to indirectly bash Trump but I'd probably watch it. Looks pretty funny.
I think it's designed to directly bash Trump
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:29 AM   #5
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Wait are they actually gonna make this a tv show? I thought it's just another dig at Trump the clown.
This was a Comedy Central series making fun of George W in early 2001,
before the attacks.

cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

We have this in reality. We don't need satire.

Especially salty butthurt leftie satire.

(and I say that AS a leftie)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #7
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Making Donald Trump a cartoon character kinda feels redundant, honestly they should make episodes based around his tweets
Old 01-07-2018, 11:25 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Donald Trump is like the closest thing we've had to a real life cartoon or comic book supervillain. If Trump had a secret underground laboratory where black ops experiment on aliens, robots, clones, and doomsday weapons...I'd believe it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

South Park has handled this the best for the most part this season, that's how you make fun of today's situation, you can't write jokes about events that are already well written jokes without any parody, no need to do anything else and yet most shows keep beating the dead horse and making the same unfunny things. This segment was always boring and it's odd to see it turned into a full show.

Colbert's Late Show in general is a shadow of his former show, dumbed down and the very few times it hits the highs of the old show are extremely rare. Granted, I was happy to see both the Colbert Report and Daily Show end when they did, I had already grown tired of them, especially the Daily Show. Knowing they were ending let me enjoy the shows again, they were amazing but also a product of their time,mainly the 00's and in the 2010's they weren't the same.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #10
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Colbert's Late Show in general is a shadow of his former show, dumbed down and the very few times it hits the highs of the old show are extremely rare. Granted, I was happy to see both the Colbert Report and Daily Show end when they did, I had already grown tired of them, especially the Daily Show. Knowing they were ending let me enjoy the shows again, they were amazing but also a product of their time,mainly the 00's and in the 2010's they weren't the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:23 PM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I think it's designed to directly bash Trump
I have to agree

It sounds interesting and good for laughs, Did they do an Obama version of this??

Cammy tried clicking on your link, but no go.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

Not too surprising. Like cammy said, there used to be a live action comedy series about Bush as well.

Whether you like it or not, this is a sign of democracy and freedom of speech. In some countries you could get sentenced to death for this.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:39 PM   #13
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

The real comedy is Stephen Colbert actually considering himself an effective comedian.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:52 PM   #14
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Our "very stable genius" never looked better
Old 01-07-2018, 03:04 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
The real comedy is Stephen Colbert actually considering himself an effective comedian.
Haven't watched his stuff in years. I used to be a big fan of the Daily Show in 2003-2005. I slowly stopped watching it when Colbert left, funny enough.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:06 PM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Idk, I want Trump made fun of, at least for posterity. I don't care if it's redundant, I don't want it to be like the year 2025 or whatever and there's cartoons and stuff poking fun at Reagen the Clintons, the Bushes and Obama, and not take their shot at Trump.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Idk, I want Trump made fun of, at least for posterity. I don't care if it's redundant, I don't want it to be like the year 2025 or whatever and there's cartoons and stuff poking fun at Reagen the Clintons, the Bushes and Obama, and not take their shot at Trump.
A cartoon making fun of Obama? Seems unlikely unless, as the years go by, people begin viewing his legacy as something bad. Also, Obama at least was articulate and never made a fool of himself in public. Certainly not as often as Trump does or even Bush did. Not much material to work with there.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I could see myself stopping to watch it sometimes, if only it was on Comedy Central and not Showtime which I don't have.

Why, oh, why isn't it paired up with The President Show on Comedy Central instead... lol A nice hour block of president poking.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:19 PM   #19
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I could see myself stopping to watch it sometimes, if only it was on Comedy Central and not Showtime which I don't have.

Why, oh, why isn't it paired up with The President Show on Comedy Central instead... lol A nice hour block of president poking.
I'd just watch best moments on youtube or something.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:21 PM   #20
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Trump himself would probably enjoy this in his free time if he ever got around to watching it. He knows he is a meme and enjoys the popularity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Trump had a secret underground laboratory where black ops experiment on aliens, robots, clones, and doomsday weapons
FAKE NEWS

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-07-2018 at 03:26 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote