The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Old 04-24-2004, 05:03 PM   #1
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Weird Power Rangers Series

well, i got up this morning, turned on TV (after having a pee and all that stuff ) and then i saw some weird power rangers series. I thought it was fairly good. nothing really outstanding. only thing is, i didn't see it from the start.

what i saw was that there was a monster with a city on its head, that was sent out by a guy called luthor or something. his costume is really bad. I mean, you can see the human face through it and stuff)

then there were five rangers. two of them looked almost the same (in uniform that is) and the other three were red, yellow and blue. the blue one was the only girl on the team. Their transformation words are "somethingsomething, ranger form!"

they had a master, who was a guinnea pig. he apparently has a very human son called ken (or something that sounds similar). that son travels later in the ep of part one to the past where he meets his dad (who wasn't a guinnea pig at that time) and mom, and the dad's evil twin (who was fired away later in a bubble summoned by some great warrior dude). Ken then gets an necklace and travels back to a the present, there he makes his first appearance as the green ranger, inside a pretty cool looking helicopter/bird zord.

so what season is that and can anybody give me some more info on that series, and pics of the zords wouldn't be bad either (they were pretty well done).

and is this one of the better series or more one of the worse?

Thank you.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
ZariusTwo
Overlord

That was "Power Rangers Ninja Storm", the Eleventh season of the show

Whilst it is a good season (at least to me), it is more of a PARODY of Power Rangers than a season of Power Rangers

1. It has a LOT of lame jokes as well as very funny jokes
2. There are more multi-parters, some of them are not even required
3. They have some of the worst episode titles EVER (Example: "Thunder Strangers", "All About Beevil", "Beuty and the Beach" etc)
4. Sensei was transformed into a Guiene Pig in the first episode "Prelude to a Storm"
5. "Ken" is really "Cam", you got the name wrong.
6. The villain, Lothor, is the IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER of Sensei's human form, so that explains why he's wearing a mask

A majority of P.R Fans hate this season because of the fact it makes fun of the show rather than be more serious...which quite frankly the first two MMPR seasons never WERE

Dino Thunder is a superiror season though
Old 04-24-2004, 05:44 PM   #3
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
That was "Power Rangers Ninja Storm", the Eleventh season of the show

Whilst it is a good season (at least to me), it is more of a PARODY of Power Rangers than a season of Power Rangers

1. It has a LOT of lame jokes as well as very funny jokes
which all seemingly get lost in the dubbing. I thought these eps were quite serious. that's why i liked them so much
Quote:
5. "Ken" is really "Cam", you got the name wrong.
well i told you i prolly didn't get the name right. hey 't was 2 pm anfter a party last night
Quote:
6. The villain, Lothor, is the IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER of Sensei's human form, so that explains why he's wearing a mask
so that explains why lothor was mentionned in the "past section"

Quote:
A majority of P.R Fans hate this season because of the fact it makes fun of the show rather than be more serious...which quite frankly the first two MMPR seasons never WERE

Dino Thunder is a superiror season though
wel i thiought these eps were rather serious. that'd be great if the PR would go more adult and stuff. like going from a teen's series to an action series.

and the zords were really well done. i liked that lion thing best. those air vents which are letting out steam are great.

and btw. do you know any good PR resource page on the net?
Old 04-25-2004, 07:26 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Here are some good links

www.tvtome.com/powerrangers (no self-promotion here whatsoever )

www.rangercentral.com (stay the hell away from it's message board, and if you do decide to look there, do a search and look up some of the threads, you'll either be shocked...or die laughing)

Power Rangers Spoiler Warnings (the link can be found on tvtome.com, it's run by my co-editor and freind Jesse Lee Haiden)
Old 04-25-2004, 11:53 AM   #5
CookSux
Stone Warrior

Although I am a strict Sentai fan myself, I actually like Dino Thunder. Watchin Tommy in action as one of the main characters is nostalgia for me. Plus the chick is hot.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:00 PM   #6
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

is there actually a kinda story arc where Ninja Storm goes over to Dino Thunder or do they just change suddenly?

See, I never watched PR on a regular basis. here and there a few eps...
Old 04-25-2004, 01:04 PM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Power Rangers has a new cast and a new storyline every year now...kind of like Sentai, Ninja Storm wrapped it's plot threads up and finished with it's season finale, leaving the door open to a new team of Rangers and powers.

Of course, the Ninja Storm cast will be returning this season in a special team-up episode
Old 04-25-2004, 05:38 PM   #8
CookSux
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Power Rangers has a new cast and a new storyline every year now...kind of like Sentai, Ninja Storm wrapped it's plot threads up and finished with it's season finale, leaving the door open to a new team of Rangers and powers.

Of course, the Ninja Storm cast will be returning this season in a special team-up episode
It's still all tied together in one way or form. During the 500th PR episode (which happens to be in Dino Thunder), they have a recap of all the power rangers series. Conner's twin brother apparently went to the same ninja academy.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:48 PM   #9
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Yeah I know...and it's been made even more apparent because of Tommy's inclusion in Dino Thunder.

We might never see an "Old Ranger returns as Mentor" ever again...or will we?
Old 04-26-2004, 02:41 PM   #10
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

I'm sure we will. Well, you will. I haven't watched Power Rangers since Turbo.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:44 PM   #11
host_punktmy
Hench Mutant

for god sakes please don't call me a power ranger hater cuz i have nothing against it but can some one please explain how any amture adult could like the show?

www.geocities.com/kingsofpain408 This is our site
Old 04-26-2004, 02:46 PM   #12
Brodie
Certified Teacher

That's like asking why any mature(amture) adult would like TMNT....
Old 04-26-2004, 02:49 PM   #13
Barkworm
Super Moderator

After seeing that Matrix thread of yours I wonder if you actually ARE an adult.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:51 PM   #14
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie
NO F***IN' WAY DUDE, if you truely think that, you deserve to be lynched. There is WAY more substance and maturity in Ninja Turtles than in Power Rangers, hands down. The fact that you doubted that for even a second makes me sick to my stomach and wonder what the hell you're even doing here if your mind is filled with such perversions of reality.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:54 PM   #15
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I know that, Doomie.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #16
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

THENN WHY'DJA SAY IT!?! HUH?!?

-=Has an anyurism, flumps to the ground twitching=-
Old 04-26-2004, 02:57 PM   #17
Brodie
Certified Teacher

That damn Richards brainwashed me!
Old 04-26-2004, 03:01 PM   #18
Misfit
Stone Warrior

Not to diss a popular show here...but I hate Power Rangers. The only time I liked it was when it was Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Those series were awesome, especially when Kimberly was still in it. I liked her replacement Kat, but when MMPR ended it all went downhill for me I'm afraid.

My Fanfiction

"I'm the pretty one!" - Mikey in "Meet Casey Jones".
Old 04-26-2004, 03:10 PM   #19
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

Quote:
That damn Richards brainwashed me!

DAMN YOU RICHARDS!!!! FIRST YOU MAKE DOOM'S LIFE A LIVING HELL, YOU DRAG YOUR FRIENDS INTO A SUICIDAL SPACE FLIGHT AND TRANSFORM THEM INTO A BUNCH OF SIDE SHOW FREAKS, NOW YOU'RE TAMPERING WITH THE FREE WILL OF OTHERS!?!? YOU'LL ROTT IN HELL FOR THIS RICHARDS, I SWEAR IT!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

-=In a blind rage, he scoops up the nearest person (brodie) and throws him out a nearby window, sending him plummeting to an agonizing death far below=-

....Oops........erm... -=Yells out the window after him=- Sorry!

-=activates a communicator within his armor=-

Send the janitorial crew down to the rose bushes...............Doom's made an aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawful mess there..............
Old 04-26-2004, 04:13 PM   #20
Raven
follower of Jesus

Quote:
eh....but the turtles are for all age groups, countingt on what your reading or watching