The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #61
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
I know, bless! I can relate - I'm scared of bugs too. I love the 2k3 episode April's Artifact where he is terrified off insects. It's so funny, because he is portrayed as being so tough in 2k3!
Then how did he have the guts to stand up to that queen hornet at the end? He's not "scared" of bugs. They just severly annoy him, as do a lot of things. There's a difference between being annoyed by something and being scared of it.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #62
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
Then how did he have the guts to stand up to that queen hornet at the end? He's not "scared" of bugs. They just severly annoy him, as do a lot of things. There's a difference between being annoyed by something and being scared of it.
He can stand up to anything. When I say scared I don't mean runs screaming away like I do. (yes, folks, it's true - I'm a wuss) - but he did panic when Mike teased him telling him there was a bug on his back and April teased him for being "afraid". But he is a really brave fighter and faces it.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:49 PM   #63
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Thanks for clearing that up for me. If anyone knows where the fear originated I'd like to know.
Maybe Don did some sort of experiment on Raph when they were younger, and it didn't go so well, and perhaps this is how Raph got his fear of needles.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #64
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Am I the only one thats supised that those Raphgirl twins havent come here yet and started yelling at every saying "stay away from raph, raph is mine and mine alone."


Eh any way I always found raph to be an interesting character and at times the most fun to draw because of his more agressive side that he lets out. I always like the stories that revolved around leo and raph fighting over the leader postion.
I think out of all the turtles Raph has also had the most progression then the others in terms of what we have seen, we've seen him try to deal with his anger for expample in the new movie.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:55 AM   #65
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Maybe Don did some sort of experiment on Raph when they were younger, and it didn't go so well, and perhaps this is how Raph got his fear of needles.

I can just imagine Don: "OK, Bro - hold still!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Am I the only one thats supised that those Raphgirl twins havent come here yet and started yelling at every saying "stay away from raph, raph is mine and mine alone."
Nope. I'm just waiting for this fun thread to be ruined by it.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:31 AM   #66
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I'm watching the Mona Lisa episode now. I had never watched it before. Mona Lisa is not a turtle- she looks more like a lizard or salamander. Long tail, no shell.

For some reason, in this 4th season, the two Raphael episodes are close together and early on. Only Michelangelo got an earlier spotlight episode. I wonder how popular OT Raphael was among the audience.
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #67
SassyGal
Mad Scientist
 
SassyGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 1,349
OT Raph will always hold a special place in my heart because he taught me the important art of sarcasm

I don't remember him being the most popular when I was growing up. I seem to remember Leonardo & Michelangelo being the most popular.

Last edited by SassyGal; 06-01-2007 at 11:23 PM.
SassyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #68
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Leonardo was not all that popular- other than perhaps by his being first one you could pick in the video game.

Some of my classmates liked Donatello best due to his purple bandanna. Purple may be my fave color now- but I do not think it had gotten to that level back then.
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #69
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I was looking at Raph's profile on Wikipedia, and I was upset to find that the lenghty description of Raph's portrayal and role in the 2007 movie was completley removed. Which sucks becasue it was very well written. If the person who wrote that is on the forums, I just watend to bring that to their attention.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #70
Sonic x 20
Random Punk
 
Sonic x 20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 48
I love Raphael and he's cool, very hotheaded and very strong as well!! He's the one with the depest emotions which does set him apart from him brothers of how they are. He may argue here and there with his brothers, but he is protective of them when the situation calls for it. Get on this turtles bad side and you'll wish that you never met him.
__________________

Our Site XIII Black:http://www.freewebs.com/xiiiblack/index.html
Sonic x 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:07 AM   #71
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
I was looking at Raph's profile on Wikipedia, and I was upset to find that the lenghty description of Raph's portrayal and role in the 2007 movie was completley removed. Which sucks becasue it was very well written. If the person who wrote that is on the forums, I just watend to bring that to their attention.
That is a shame. 2007 Raph is one of his best portrayals. It's a shame it's not used. I liked what it said.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #72
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
That is a shame. 2007 Raph is one of his best portrayals. It's a shame it's not used. I liked what it said.
I just looked on the wikipedia site. The other three Turtles still have their 2007 movie description up, but no Raph. Seems some anti Raph fan didn't like the positive outlook it gave Raph.

Why doesn't somebody put another 2007 description of Raph on wikipedia?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:40 AM   #73
NightwatchersOnlygirl
Stone Warrior
 
NightwatchersOnlygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Nightwatcher's loving arms
Posts: 941
My Raphael can be firendly when he wants to
__________________
Nightwatcher is taken by me,NightwatchersOnlyGirl
Nightwatcher Is my boyfriend.
I love "My" Nightwatcher
Nightwatcher can put his boots under my bed anytime
Nightwatcher loves me!
NW 4 EVER
NW is Mine
NW is so sexy
Forever Nightwatcher's....
NightwatchersOnlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #74
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
I was looking at Raph's profile on Wikipedia, and I was upset to find that the lenghty description of Raph's portrayal and role in the 2007 movie was completley removed. Which sucks becasue it was very well written. If the person who wrote that is on the forums, I just watend to bring that to their attention.

that sucks i'd have liked to have read it
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #75
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
That is a shame. 2007 Raph is one of his best portrayals. It's a shame it's not used. I liked what it said.
The irony is, Leo, Mikey, and Don's weren't even touched.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #76
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
The irony is, Leo, Mikey, and Don's weren't even touched.
And Mike's was the one that was seriously unsourced - saying that he is let down by Raph in the movie when he finds out he was the nightwatcher.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #77
RaphaelsOnlyGirl
Foot Soldier
 
RaphaelsOnlyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 105
My Raph does have a sensitive side.
RaphaelsOnlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:05 AM   #78
NightwatchersOnlygirl
Stone Warrior
 
NightwatchersOnlygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Nightwatcher's loving arms
Posts: 941
No not your Raph but my Raph
__________________
Nightwatcher is taken by me,NightwatchersOnlyGirl
Nightwatcher Is my boyfriend.
I love "My" Nightwatcher
Nightwatcher can put his boots under my bed anytime
Nightwatcher loves me!
NW 4 EVER
NW is Mine
NW is so sexy
Forever Nightwatcher's....
NightwatchersOnlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #79
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Am I the only one thats supised that those Raphgirl twins havent come here yet and started yelling at every saying "stay away from raph, raph is mine and mine alone."
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

Nope. I'm just waiting for this fun thread to be ruined by it.
This thread is supposed to be an interesting discussion about a character analysis.

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsOnlyGirl View Post
My Raph does have a sensitive side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphaelsgirl View Post
No not your Raph but my Raph
is just the kind of sh*t that will ruin the discussion and have the thread locked because of your arguing over who has possession of a fictional character (who by the way is decidedly unhuman). Please don't ruin this thread like you have ruined so many others. Some of us actually want to maintain a thoughtful discussion that has some intelligence.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #80
RaphaelsOnlyGirl
Foot Soldier
 
RaphaelsOnlyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphaelsgirl View Post
No not your Raph but my Raph
No I said my Raph.
RaphaelsOnlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.