The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #5001
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
So? It's a different show, and the Turtles don't have experience with humans because they've been sheltered underground for fifteen years. I'm looking forward to next week myself.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #5002
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
So?
That's a pretty open-ended question, but I'll bite. "So", that's just too often for SkeletonMan's and my liking. I thought that was apparent. But, apparently, it wasn't as apparent as it appeared... to me, anyway.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #5003
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP, gobo View Post
But, in this series, it's happening in every ep so far. That's the point.
All four episodes.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #5004
Warrior
Random Punk
 
Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP, gobo View Post
That's a pretty open-ended question, but I'll bite. "So", that's just too often for SkeletonMan's and my liking. I thought that was apparent. But, apparently, it wasn't as apparent as it appeared... to me, anyway.
Let me rephrase, because I'm curious meself:

What's the big deal with having a new human introduced every episode at this point in the series? Yes, I understand the "Mutant of the Week" or breaking the suspension of disbelief sort of worry, but I think the writers are just in a rush to introduce big characters at this point, and I don't think this'll become a trend.

I've reread your posts, but I don't understand what yer getting at here.
__________________
LIFE is either a
GREAT ADVENTURE
or NOTHING
Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #5005
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Well, it's just that I can't latch on to the characters. Not enough suspension of disbelief. It's my opinion, and I'm just a little disappointed. Do I need to be a yes-man to post here or something? I'm starting to get that impression. S1's supposed to be 26 eps, right? So, why do they have to pile all the humans who know the turtles into the first few? That's all I'm getting at.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #5006
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
The good thing about Bradford is he's not just a "1 and done" character, he'll be around for a while. I just hope he stays human for a few episodes before becoming Dogpound.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #5007
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
The Nickelodeon show is going downhill fast (at least for me) but I still have hope.
C'mon, it's only one episode, and based upon this promo, the Turtles' first encounter with Shredder looks to have some good potential. There were new humans introduced in about half of every episode of the OT, the majority only lasting one episode, so that doesn't concern me, and it's natural that the longest lasting characters get introduced in the first few episodes. It will be important to see how this episode stacks up against "The Shredder Strikes" and "Enter the Shredder" in terms of the "Turtles first encounter with the Shredder" episodes.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #5008
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Ya think Shredder even knows he's looking for a giant rat? O_o
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #5009
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Well, this just cemented the idea in my head that Splinter is actually Bruce Lee...

I... kinda wish they didn't have to change nearly Every single human they've met into some sort of Mutant. I think it'd be much more interesting to have Chris stay as the enemy that could have momentary bouts of internal conflict. I mean, Shredder's trying to kill some teenage kids (turtles or not)...

I'm thinking they're pushing all these new characters because they didn't Know at the time if they'd make it to a second season. Remember Legend of Korra, everyone felt it was rushed? They didn't know if they'd have a second season...

As to Mike's trust of Everyone...You can't just be trusting of Everyone you come across online. this could be a Great moment of character development. But not just him...

It could be an opportunity where Splinter finds out who they're getting involved with, and goes to Find them. THAT could be how Shredder finds out that Hamato Yoshi is now a giant mutated rodent...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #5010
Warrior
Random Punk
 
Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP, gobo View Post
Well, it's just that I can't latch on to the characters. Not enough suspension of disbelief. It's my opinion, and I'm just a little disappointed. Do I need to be a yes-man to post here or something? I'm starting to get that impression. S1's supposed to be 26 eps, right? So, why do they have to pile all the humans who know the turtles into the first few? That's all I'm getting at.
No, you need not be. I was just curious as to what exactly your opinion was. I like hearing others' inputs especially if they differ from mine. Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable in any way.

I'm not a yes-gal meself, not really. While I do think 2K12 offers great line-to-line writing, thus far I've been sharing some of the same disappointments. I don't really like the pacing or the lack of focus, but at the same time I kind of understand why the writers are pushing so many characters in so early, so I don't generally cry doomsday yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
I'm thinking they're pushing all these new characters so soon because they didn't Know if they would make it to a second season. Remember Legend of Korra, everyone felt it was rushed? They didn't know if they'd have a second season...
Ahhhh LoK. I hated that show. Hated. It.

Though I don't think we can bring up that show in terms of plot development, either. LoK was originally going to be JUST a miniseries--the writers knew they had to squeeze it all in 12 episodes from the start. TMNT has the luxury of the writers knowing they'll probably get more than one season on the line. It'll be harder for me to forgive TMNT if the whole show besides the first few episodes are like this, especially if they bring in characters/plot points with no purpose like Korra did. For now I'm sort of trusting the writers, but if this keeps up till November I'm cryin' foul.
__________________
LIFE is either a
GREAT ADVENTURE
or NOTHING

Last edited by Warrior; 10-09-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #5011
Lil G
Stone Warrior
 
Lil G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In west philadelphia born and raised...
Posts: 814
We waited 3 years for this show. Nick beat our expectations. We're only 3 episodes in. & you guys are complaining and worrying like no tommorow. Soak it up and have fun, dont overthink anything. Let the show run its season, cry at the end. Just enjoy it while it lasts.
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #5012
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/tmnt...entity-hd.html
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #5013
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,777
Is it just me or are they re-using the same rooftop in every episode?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #5014
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil G View Post
We waited 3 years for this show. Nick beat our expectations. We're only 3 episodes in. & you guys are complaining and worrying like no tommorow. Soak it up and have fun, dont overthink anything. Let the show run its season, cry at the end. Just enjoy it while it lasts.
QFT my friend


Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Lol, great clip, love it
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276

Last edited by TheCanadiandrome; 10-09-2012 at 11:18 PM.
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #5015
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
See... told you the B&W cat wouldn't be Klunk....
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #5016
In The Clouds
Thug
 
In The Clouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sweet home Alabama!
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
AWWWWWWW!

I was also laughing the entire clip. This is great.
In The Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #5017
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil G View Post
We waited 3 years for this show. Nick beat our expectations. We're only 3 episodes in. & you guys are complaining and worrying like no tommorow. Soak it up and have fun, dont overthink anything. Let the show run its season, cry at the end. Just enjoy it while it lasts.
With all due respect... shell no. Overthinking things is what some of us come here for. Plus, the show's getting nearly unanimous praise. Observations =/= complaints. Defensive much?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.


Last edited by gobo; 10-10-2012 at 11:18 AM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #5018
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
Oh dear. Poor Mikey's trust will be broken. D:

This episode better have character development for him.
OMG!!! Poor Mikey!!! !!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #5019
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
Oh man, I love the sarcasm Raph has!

Spoiler:
"Are you an Idiot? Wait let me rephrase that; you're an idiot!"
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #5020
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
UK promo for the next episode:
Anyone else notice the Purple Dragons working alongside Bradford?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.