The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #181
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
#15 won't be out til Halloween -__-

I hope that's not because Kuhn's missing deadlines.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #182
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant
 
thelouisguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
#15 won't be out til Halloween -__-

I hope that's not because Kuhn's missing deadlines.
Nines, please don't start mean rumors. They did have issues with a new printer recently which caused the Fugitoid issue to be released before issue 14. Kuhn just happens to be the new artist when these problems started and could just be a coincidence.
http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewt...=302903#302903

thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #183
Victorsaurus
Foot Soldier
 
Victorsaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 153
The Halloween ComicFest issue, will it be released tommorow (26) or on Oct. 31?

I keep reading different stuff.
__________________

http://sot.ag/gk6B/
Victorsaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #184
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouisguy View Post
Nines, please don't start mean rumors.[/url]

He said "I HOPE" and gave a possible scenario from his own mind, CLEARLY. That's not starting rumors.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #185
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Sins of the Fathers

Amazon has TMNT Vol. 4 Sins of the Fathers listed for release on February 26th of next year!
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #186
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant
 
thelouisguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He said "I HOPE" and gave a possible scenario from his own mind, CLEARLY. That's not starting rumors.
But nobody mentioned Kuhn missing deadlines. I could say, "I hope Bobby's not too overwhelmed by Kevin's Annual and letting things slip"; doesn't make it nice.
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #187
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Who said anything about being nice? Being nice is for squares.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #188
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorsaurus View Post
The Halloween ComicFest issue, will it be released tommorow (26) or on Oct. 31?

I keep reading different stuff.
It's being released tomorrow. However, since it's designed to be a Halloween issue for "Halloween ComicFest" (HCF) and it's "free," your comic shop may be holding this and planning to distribute this via in-store promotion and/or closer to Halloween unless you've pre-arranged something with them. I know some are giving it (and other HCF issues) away in Oct. with any purchase (while supplies last), some are holding it until Halloweeen as an in-store HCF promotion they are planning (kind of like Free Comic Book Day - FCBD), and some may put it up for sale either tomorrow or near Halloween. Every shop will be different and some shops may not even be participating in HCF and won't have pre-ordered it unless you asked them to do so.

Also, keep in mind that free comics (even FCBD comics) are not free to the comic shops. They still have to eat the cost for them (although the cost is much lower).

Hope you're able to track it down in your area. If not, there's always eBay. (not my listing)
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #189
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant
 
thelouisguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Who said anything about being nice? Being nice is for squares.
There is just a lot of negativity towards Kuhn and I just feel he is getting a bad rap.
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #190
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I don't think anyone is letting their feelings for his art effect what they think of him as a person, or his work ethic.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #191
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't think anyone is letting their feelings for his art effect what they think of him as a person, or his work ethic.
Exactly. I wasn't picking on him because I don't like his turtles. It's just that Bobby said that switching artists meant that we'd be getting the book on the second to last week of the month... and now that's two months in a row where it got pushed back.

I think Kuhn is a fantastic artist, and I'm rooting for him to improve his turtles every issue.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #192
dkram230
Stone Warrior
 
dkram230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Son of Ch'rell*** View Post
Is there not going to be a color classics Fugitoid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Unfortunately not. Looks like the don't consider that issue part of the Ninja Turtles series as they didn't put it into the Ultimate collection too.
I wonder if Mirage still holds the rights to the Fugitoid #1 story. As part of the TMNT universe, the character itself is fair game to be used. But since the comic was intended to be stand alone (albeit set up the character for TMNT tie in) and was not officially TMNT, IDW may not have the rights to reproduce that book.
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #193
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkram230 View Post
I wonder if Mirage still holds the rights to the Fugitoid #1 story. As part of the TMNT universe, the character itself is fair game to be used. But since the comic was intended to be stand alone (albeit set up the character for TMNT tie in) and was not officially TMNT, IDW may not have the rights to reproduce that book.
I was thinking the same, it could be so. It's a pity, that issue is among the best.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #194
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
I need to start reading the last pages of this thread, I tried to buy 15 today.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #195
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
I need to start reading the last pages of this thread, I tried to buy 15 today.
Don't worry same here bud
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #196
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
I need to start reading the last pages of this thread, I tried to buy 15 today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Don't worry same here bud
Sorry about that. I've been slacking.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #197
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Did the Eastman Annual come out today??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #198
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Nope. 31st.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #199
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Figures.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #200
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
I see there's a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures volume 2 from Archie but Amazon said it's not out yet. And I don't see the listing on Amazon for Volume 3. Was it cancelled?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, tmnt


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.