![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Merchandise Maniac
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
|
Mikey Naming Things
In the new show, Michelangelo has named a lot of things so far such as
SnakeWeed SpiderBites T-Pod StockmanPod Metalhead Do you guys think this is a funny running gag or do you think it's annoying? I thought it was funny the first few times, but now it just seems a little annoying. I assume he will name Chris Bradford Dogpound and Xever Fishface as well. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
|
I usually go into watching these episodes with an open mind so it doesn't really phase me. However, I can understand why it might be annoying to some.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Fashionably late
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
|
I think it's funny so far...but we'll see for how much longer.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Stupid Rich
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
|
It's a running gag that fits the character. So not annoying to me at all.
You want annoying forced running gags? Watch the first season of Young Justice.
__________________
![]() @~<3 Mom~@ |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
|
what was the running joke there?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
I really hope this doesn't go on for the entire season or even the entire show.
It reminds me of running gags from other shows like Pokemon which did the same thing every episode. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
|
I wouldn't say it's annoying, but I hope that eventually the other turtles will just accept that Mikey names things instead of him explaining every time and them saying "we get it". The "it's because he's ___ and has ___" part is starting to wear a little thin.
For example, they could be on the run from some mutant and one of them says, "We need to get rid of -" Then they realise he doesn't have a name yet and they turn to Mikey and he says, "Dogpound." And they just accept it and go back to what they're doing. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
|
Quote:
I find pretty much everything Mikey does adorable this included. I also tend to give things stupid names so I actually find it kind of charming!
__________________
![]() Artwork by Jim Lawson |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
I think it's cute but if it's not spaced out soon it's gonna get old as hell, really quickly
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
I could see that working, Herp, and as FL said, that'd almost be funnier.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
I agree with you, Herp. That would be funny. I'm not against Mikey naming things so far. I think it's cute, and I like how he gloated about it to April in the latest ep. It'll probably get pretty old once more mutants come on, but I do hope it's spaced out more.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
agreed for sure
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
|
what was the running gag in Young Justice....?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
|
i wonder if they don't just do that as an "in" for the youngest of kids to know the names of the toys they want their parents to buy. if that's the case, there are worse ways they could be shoving the characters' names/marketing down our throats.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
|
It's a clever way to explain some of the more ridiculous names not to mention a quick way to name things without spending much time on it. It works.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 308
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
|
I don't mind it at all. Like other ppl said it's cute.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
|
I'm looking forward to when Mikey names the Mousers, 'Mousers.'
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Maybe it'll play into the gag...
Baxter: Turtles, tremble before my mighty Mousers! Mikey: Oooooo good name...
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|