The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #5301
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
Can't say I blame him.
He was an adult at the time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #5302
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Eh. I grew up on the old cartoon, like him, and I gots no love for the 4kids show. I tried. Watched it again and again. Couldn't convince myself to care.

It doesn't sound like he was into the comics, either, so the original cartoon was his standard.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #5303
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
I don't know much about the tuttle fandom, but it seems most fans prefer the 87 toon over the 03 toon. Or am I wroing?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #5304
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
I don't know much about the tuttle fandom, but it seems most fans prefer the 87 toon over the 03 toon. Or am I wroing?
It's a pretty even split down the middle. Most fans like both though, even if one is prefered over the other.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #5305
In The Clouds
Thug
 
In The Clouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sweet home Alabama!
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
I don't know much about the tuttle fandom, but it seems most fans prefer the 87 toon over the 03 toon. Or am I wroing?
Depends on what corner of the internet you're looking at, too. There are whole pockets of the fandom that exist without ever breathing a word of the 87 toon.

Not coincidentally, that's also where you'll find most fangirls.
In The Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #5306
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Within the core TMNT fandom the 4kids series was much loved, especially when it was airing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #5307
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
UK "Monkey Brains" promo:
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #5308
In The Clouds
Thug
 
In The Clouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sweet home Alabama!
Posts: 78
Thanks HerpDerp! You're so helpful.

Oh geez...I like watching these episodes with my younger brother, but he HATES "embarrassing" moments in tv shows. It might be hard to get him to watch this one! The end of that promo was funny, though. *snort* Beat up by a lab monkey...
In The Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #5309
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Clouds View Post
Depends on what corner of the internet you're looking at, too. There are whole pockets of the fandom that exist without ever breathing a word of the 87 toon.

Not coincidentally, that's also where you'll find most fangirls.
I think those corners only use the construct of the '03 toon for their elaborate Mary-Sue fan fictions. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It makes the world more interesting.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #5310
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
UK "Monkey Brains" promo:
LOL! Though I have to say this looks to be the weakest Episode BY FAR

Still glad the humours there but the AprilXDonnie stuff...."Cringes"
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #5311
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
UK "Monkey Brains" promo:
Spoiler:
Thanks for sharing this, HerpDerp.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #5312
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Oooh, I can't view it since it's UK. With my Internet provider, I get charged for viewing international websites. Bummer.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #5313
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Its on youtube.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #5314
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
hahahaha, thanks herp derp!looks like its going to be very funny again!
on a related note someone here had a feeling for when the shellraiser might get introduced in an episode, was this by chance this next one?
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #5315
In The Clouds
Thug
 
In The Clouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sweet home Alabama!
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
I think those corners only use the construct of the '03 toon for their elaborate Mary-Sue fan fictions. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It makes the world more interesting.
Not necessarily. I like to think of the Mary-Sue-ness in those places the same way I think of the pervasive cynicism on these boards: it runs rampant and it seems to lurk in every corner, but it's not the reason people keep coming back. Despite all the ugly on the Technodrome, I obviously still think it has something worth showing up for. Likewise, the female-dominated side of the fandom can produce some great stuff, if you can dig through the estrogen to find it.

(And quit tryin' to be polite; there's everything wrong with Mary-Sue fanfictions. )
In The Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #5316
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
The Don/April crush thing is taking to disturbing levels in this preview. I liked it more when it was a gag, not a serious plotline.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #5317
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Thanks for that HD! Hopefully we get a fig of that monkey
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #5318
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
TMNT Halloween "grotto" at the Nick animation studio:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=415d933cd1


HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #5319
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Wow. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #5320
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I think i'll like this episode because of the Don and April plot XD

I'm really hating how the other turtles are so mean to Donnie though...First in Metalhead they didn't even care about how sad he was at the end and they didn't care that he wasn't fighting with them, and now they're laughing at him after he got injured? Some brothers they are...seriously that's so stupid, they would never do that if it was Leo or Raph who got hurt.

Anyway, the episode looks like it will be more humor than action. I'm seriously not looking forward to the episode where Casey comes in and Donnie gets his heart broken...that will be sad.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.