![]() |
|
|
#41 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
|
I think it'd have made a lot more sense for Feldman to voice Don in Turtles Part 4 than Part 5. Part 4, it was actually kind of supposed to be a continuance of Parts 1-3. Part 5 seems set to be some kind of a strange quasi-Fred Wolf reboot, so it might be weird to have carry-overs from the previous movie-verse.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Do you consider the IDW series a strange quasi-FW reboot, too?
Gah...
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iceland
Posts: 285
|
I don't think 2 or 4 suffered without Feldman.
I would love to have him involved, just like I would love to see a bunch of people from Ernie Reyes Jr. to Vanilla Ice somehow show up. Although I understand completely if with a reboot, the producers would want to do something completely new and different. Either way, I just hope they do something entertaining. That's all they have to do in the end to please the audience. |
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
|
Not so much the "strange" part, but yeah.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iceland
Posts: 285
|
Agreed. The Fred Wolf influence on the IDW series is very visible.
It's the comic a lot of people have actually been waiting for. an almost Grimdark retelling of the Fred Wolf cartoon. |
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
|
Actually, IDW seems to be more of a mix of Fred Wolf, Mirage, and Archie alltogether, though it seems to be increasingly be looking FWish as time goes on.
As for Corey Feldman, no problem since its his voice that does a Turtle, and either Don, Raph, or Mikey could suit him. It can generate good buzz about a returning cast member, much like it does elsewhere. All I care for is a good movie regardless of what universe its influenced by.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/ 30 years of Turtle Power! |
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iceland
Posts: 285
|
If I was honestly doing the casting, I wouldn't mind having Feldman do the voice of Michelangelo...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
Except she's iconic and a well respected actress not some fat washed up child star whose career as of late has mainly been people mocking or pitying him.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 |
|
Y'all need Jesus
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
|
BOOM, you got 'im, man.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Is that your thing now?
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#52 |
|
Y'all need Jesus
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
|
Just been so many burns lately, man.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#53 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
More power to ya. Doesn't bother me none.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#54 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iceland
Posts: 285
|
Quote:
It's hogwash. People said the same thing about Jackie Earle Haley for years until someone decided to let him do his job on the big screen. And Feldman isn't fat. He's never been fat. You might be thinking about the late Corey Haim who had nothing to do with TMNT. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#55 | |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#56 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 60
|
Sorry but I think having feldman come back would be awesome! Same thing with Robby. Other than that i don't really care.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iceland
Posts: 285
|
Before 2006, the majority would disagree with you or not even know who that was.
Given the right role, Feldman could surprise the world. I'm not saying Feldman is the best actor in the world. But you can barely judge his acting chops with the work he currently gets. |
|
|
|
|
|
#58 |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
I still don't think Haley is talented. He stood out in Watchmen only because all the other actors were completely horrid. His Freddy was terrible and I've never seen him in anything else where he stood out.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#59 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
|
Uh...we must have completely different opinions on acting then, because I think he did amazing in both films. I had low hopes for anyone but Englund playing Freddy, but Haley knocked it out of the park, and actually made the character "scary" again - a feat that I think Englund could have done obviously, but I fear there would still have been some tainting in people's minds from some of the goofy crap in the original series.
__________________
My FanFiction |
|
|
|
|
|
#60 |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
Freddy was never really "scary" to begin with. He always had a sense of humor about what he did which made him more interesting and a lot more sadistic. Haley made the character boring and generic. He brought nothing to the role and he has almost no presence. Lifeless.
Opinions though. Honestly mine have changed quite a bit over the past few years. The more I study acting and deconstruct movies the more my opinions change. I used to like Christian Bale's Batman now I think he gives the weakest performance in the series. People have different standards when watching films. We all pay attention to different things. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|