The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier
 
tmntfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 177
Patrick Starr vs. Michelangelo

Any1 notice this mornings contest between Michelangelo and Patrick Starr during the commercial of "I Think His Name is Baxter Stockman". In case u missed it Nick did a brainy vs. brainless poll between the 2 and the winner/loser was
Spoiler:
actually neither, it was a tie. So ?I guess Nick also thinks they are equally brainless
__________________
tmntfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Patrick seems smarter to me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,210
They showed either a deleted scene or a clip from an unaired episode, which was kinda cool I guess. Mikey was in an alley with Leo and Raph, he knocked on his own head and said it sounded hollow.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
Here's the video:

HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
I saw this like two weeks ago.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
It's pretty insulting IMO.
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
I hope they do more of this stuff.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
It's pretty insulting IMO.
How? Mikey is extremely dimwitted in this show.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
It's pretty insulting IMO.
Agreed! I could kind of understand IF it was 2003's Mikey but it was not. I'd like to see Micheangelo portrayed with an average intellect not for evey IQ point Don has over the first deviation Mike has under.

When I think of who the dumbest person in TV Land is Patrick Starr comes to mind. The only person who might contend with him is Hank Kimball. Those two in an I.Q. test would be interesting not Michelangelo!

__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #10
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Makes me wonder why fox never did this with tmnt and family guy. Mikey vs Adam West haha.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
XD that was pretty funny. They should have more videos like this! Maybe Donnie VS. Sandy cheeks, or Raph VS Squidward LOL
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #12
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
Shredder vs Plankton
Spike vs Gary
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
As much as I like Patrick his character is supposed to be completely mindless and dumb, I don't believe that that has ever been the case for Mike's character, I really don't know who was the "genius" that came up with this comparison.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #14
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
As much as I like Patrick his character is supposed to be completely mindless and dumb, I don't believe that that has ever been the case for Mike's character, I really don't know who was the "genius" that came up with this comparison.
Pretty much this. That 'genius' should be fired. And I think this should be the last comparison we get...Ever. Please, don't make me regret liking having TMNT on Nickelodeon!
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
Shredder vs Plankton
Spike vs Gary
I don't know about Shredder VS Plankton....more like Baxter VS Plankton. Spike VS Gary=Epic Win
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #16
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yes, I saw this and thought it was pretty stupid, IMO. I'd say the winner would be Patrick. He definitely seems dumber than Mikey does.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #17
Keroscene
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
ummm.... none of things Mikey does in that clip are actually dumb. Why would you expect someone who lives in a sewer to be able to pronounce the word "pizza"? Why would you expect them to be able to spell the word "wrong" for that matter (logically, if you'd never seen it written down, you would expect it to be R-O-N-G)? Annoying enough that fans are saying Mikey is "dumb" because they haven't actually thought this stuff through, worse still that Nick is saying it.

(lots of parents of dyslexic kids out there who I imagine are THRILLED that not being able to spell/pronounce a couple of words makes someone "the dumb one")
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Wow.... this clinches it as Nick officially making Mike the 'dumb one'. End of story.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #19
Keroscene
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Wow.... this clinches it as Nick officially making Mike the 'dumb one'. End of story.
Not unless the clip was put together by the people who write or produce the show.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroscene View Post
Not unless the clip was put together by the people who write or produce the show.
I doubt it, but the channel itself sure thinks so. I hope the writers and producers of the actual show don't... but the rest of Nick sure does. Or at least they wanna market him as such.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.